• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover = Glen Rose

Started by adaptedtigerfan, July 22, 2015, 09:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nastynice

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 27, 2015, 10:27:23 am
Lol @ teaching discipline. If by discipline you mean teaching by an example of arrogance and being a jerk, then I agree with you. The people bashing GR have never been associated with the program, so I'd advise you to take a hard look at just how the coaches lead the program
Didn't Charlestons Def Cord get into a fight on the field during a 7 on 7 game?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on July 27, 2015, 10:36:38 am
So a team has to talk trash and play dirty in order to be successful? Sounds like you haven't watched to much football if every successful team you've seen is that way

Act like you've been there before is lost on some people.....

adaptedtigerfan

Nasty I believe he got in a coaches face after said coach grabbed a CHS player and threw him.   I could be wring

quicksand

Quote from: SR30 on July 27, 2015, 09:51:14 am
The thread is Smackover=Glen Rose so therfore GR is included in the tbread. All your doing is trolling try to stir things up because your board without football. I get that as I have been myself. With that being said I don't know why GR was brought in the mix. Some think they are arrogant I call it confidence. Yes they had an off year, first one since like 2004 or so that I can recall. I personally know the coaches and while not all people care for them they get the job done. Yes kids quit but I blame a lot of it on parents because they don't want little Johnny Football to get yelled at. Or could it be they play the best player not the popular player. Yes I know I'll get blasted for saying that but I do. GR employs old school coaching techniques which people of my generation hated. I grew up playing for Coach Alpe and Coach Clem in malvern and let me tell you the coaches in GR are no worse to the players than these 2. They teach discipline, technique and instill a winning drive in to these kids. They are smaller than most teams they face so they have to play with a chip on their shoulder. I mean its football not patty cakes. Are there cheap shots and trash talk going on? Of course but show me a team who doesn't do these and I bet their program isn't a very successful one..I speak from experience on that topic. There are fans from GR who do love to talk trash on here and give us a bad name and for that I do apologize. However after working 3 years for GR school district and attending every home game for both Jr and Sr High I for the life of me can't figure out why people complain about the majority of our fans. With the job I held I can promise you I would have been informed of any problems.

In closing I will tell you I put full faith in the coaching staff. If I didn't I would not have moved my son back to Glen Rose this year. He is in more than capable hands to not only developed and become an even more dominant player but to also to help mild him for the future.  So go ahead and blast me, talk more smack about GR and feel all warm and fuzzy about yourself. You deserve to feel good talking about a team that was down last year. But trust me there is something brewing in Beaver Nation..
I haven't heard anything funny all day until now.

SR30

You people are simply amazing. A bunch of arm chair fearless friday die hard junkies. If you for one minute don't think your favorite team doesn't talk trash..lol that's funny. And I know the head coach  personally, went to school with him as a matter of fact. Heck even watched his kids grow up. Yep he gets fired up for games no doubt about it.. and arrogant?? Maybe but he builds confidence in a team.. you don't hear him get on the radio like the coach from shilo a few years ago talking about looking down on that team from their mountain..GR will always have a bad rap because they play aggressive and all u arm chair ff posters fuel that fire. So post away! And for the one who said I don't know football you are way put of your league. I have traveled the country coaching football. You think GR is arrogant go watch some teams from texas. Every team is arrogant and hungry. The best teams in arkansas can't hold a light to the weakest teams in texas. Would you rather play for a coach that gets fired up with his players or one that stands on the sidelines waiting on his popcorn and cotton candy

Longfellow

I would rather play for a coach that teaches hard work and respect, not trash talk and cheap play. A coach that allows players to act that way isn't doing his job in the right way. Some of the greatest lessons I have learned in life I learned on the football field. None of those lessons involved trash talk or cheap shots. I would've been kicked off of the team if I played like that.

WPWells

Question: were you at the 2013 state championship? Glen Rose got down and resorted to cheap shots

Proud Buckaroo

I don't know about you but I would never listen to a coach about life lessons while he cussed me out.

Oldbadger

I witnessed the troubling behavior of GR last week at Arkadelphia at an 8 team 11 on 11.  I was very embarrassed at their behavior.  Coaches didn't intervene until a free for all erupted after a cheap shot by GR.  Parents in the stands were cheering them on.  On another occassion when a player from another team suffered a concussion, rather than quietly gathering until the player could be attended to, one of GR players started miming that the hurt player was just sleeping.  Sickening to me.  I know many more examples of this behavior and, no matter what the supporters of GR say, it will come back to haunt them. It already has, they just wont admit it.

Skip Baymore

July 28, 2015, 12:30:16 am #59 Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:32:03 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 23, 2015, 11:44:52 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 22, 2015, 05:10:48 pm
Nope pretty terrible. Very little class in GR

I'm not terrible and have plenty of class. Not all are the same. I thought we were friends 😕😕😕😕
You know that the negative feelings toward G.R. are mainly because of the coach (his actions during the last 4 or 5 years would, in my opinion, qualify him as being described as a "jerk".)  But the players shouldn't be thought less of because their coach is a jerk.  But its hard to want "his" team to do well.  Id definitely be for Riverview against them  :).

Beaver Fever

Traveling the country coaching peewee football doesnt qualify  you as a coach in this context.  That would be equivalent to me saying I'm a doctor since I gave my kid some aspirin for a head ache.

macadoshis

I've only been around Glen Rose fans during one game.  And that was the championship game against Charleston.  We parked on Glen Rose side so when we came in that's where we sat.   We didnt have a dog in the fight so we stayed on that side.  I know a select few csn make a whole crowd look bad.  But i was embarrassed at what i saw.  There were numerous signs that read " BREAK TY STOREYS LEG". And even some fand thst were yelling Hit him in his bad knee!  I know every school has its bad fans.  Just couldnt believe what i saw. 
After midway through the second quarter and hearing countless times how overrated Storey was. I couldnt hold it in and said if he's so overrated, why does he have 350+ yard and five touchdowns.  I wad not so politely asked to.go sit on Charlestons side.  Which i did.

quicksand

Quote from: SR30 on July 27, 2015, 09:51:14 am
But trust me there is something brewing in Beaver Nation..
How many days until Malvern?

adaptedtigerfan

Something is definitely brewing...   It's called kool-aid

mack truck

The altercation that Glen Rose encountered was with Fordyce, at the Arkadelphia camp.Atfer a Glen Rose player tackled a Fordyce player, He began banging his head against the ground after the play, which caused a feud between the two teams. My understanding , Fordyce handled their business after that.Prior to that camp, Glen Rose has started fights at atleast 2 more previous camps.

DeeGee

Well this thread derailed fast. 😒😒😒

adaptedtigerfan

Dee has been drinking that kool-aid down there so much that she can't even see what's going on right under her nose, 🍹🍹🍒

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mack truck on July 29, 2015, 09:49:18 am
The altercation that Glen Rose encountered was with Fordyce, at the Arkadelphia camp.Atfer a Glen Rose player tackled a Fordyce player, He began banging his head against the ground after the play, which caused a feud between the two teams. My understanding , Fordyce handled their business after that.Prior to that camp, Glen Rose has started fights at atleast 2 more previous camps.

Didn't see any problems with Glen Rose or Fordyce at the team camp in LR yesterday (at least not while I was there).

mack truck

No problems with Glen Rose and Fordyce but they were about to feud with another team there.

GR89

The only altercation that I saw last night was when a West Memphis player pretty much body slamed our running back into the ground after the play was over. West Memphis was the most undicplined team out there last night

SR30

Wow beaver fever really?? Pee wee was several years ago. Didn't expect a blow from the home court.. I just got back from Houston Texas in May and Myrtle Beach in January. Trust me these where not pee wee games..

Beaver Fever

I just don't want you to become another typical gr poster, we already have plenty to overcome.
Just curious, what level was it?

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 29, 2015, 01:45:59 pm
Dee has been drinking that kool-aid down there so much that she can't even see what's going on right under her nose, 🍹🍹🍒

Nope!  I will be at Riverview games watching my son Now. He choose the move because of the coaches. Just because I live here still means nothing. I'll probably attend the Prescott /GR game though.

SR30

Don't worry Fever I won't stoop to that level. I just know a lot of folks come on here bashing just because of what they have heard from a friend of a friend of a cousin who's brothers sister knows a guy who was at the game and seen something happen.  As far as the level it was 8th grade with my son. But let me tell u there are some 8th grade teams that would take down several high school teams here in arkansas.. we are way behind times here.. Most kids play year round full contact in youth leagues and don't even dawn a school uniform until freshman year. The coach I was with this last year runs a league out of Tom Rivers NJ.. runs a spread offense as well as a power I...his scheme is crazy to say the least..but anyway I'm no Mao by far and my post will be positive. Just hate our kids getting bashed and the season hasn't even started

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 30, 2015, 12:00:17 pm
Dee has been drinking that kool-aid down there so much that she can't even see what's going on right under her nose,

Nope!  I will be at Riverview games watching my son Now. He choose the move because of the coaches. Just because I live here still means nothing. I'll probably attend the Prescott /GR game though.
Will you be pulling for those Curley Wolves?

HorseFeathers

All I needed to know about the character of gr's coaches was told to me by a former Glenrose player...any coach that tells his team to not take a knee because the other player is being a sissy (nicer words than the kid used), no matter how bad the injury may be. Probably shouldn't be coaching on the high school level....

It is a bad deal for the kids that the coaches and certain posters, and some players have earned that kind of reputation for Glen rose though.

Beaver Fever

Sr, most of the things on here are not hear say. Just watch a game and you can see for yourself.
Talk to some former players and they can tell you stories that will make your jaw drop

Longfellow

Anybody remember the "Do you take a knee" thread?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Longfellow on July 30, 2015, 03:15:04 pm
Anybody remember the "Do you take a knee" thread?

Dont get that started again!

SR30

Fever thus isn't my first go round at GR. Had two kids graduate from here. Bottom line is he is better off than where he came from to get to where he is going. People can talk trash all they want. GR is not perfect by any means, however with the exception of last year,they win with 3 state championship appearances. Can't say that about his former team.

Proud Buckaroo

You lose credit for those accomplishments when you look at how he talks to the players and the things he teaches them. I personally heard him cussing at the kids when smackover played Glen rose. I literally heard him across the field.

DeeGee

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 30, 2015, 12:40:49 pm
Dee has been drinking that kool-aid down there so much that she can't even see what's going on right under her nose,

Yes I will.

Longfellow

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 30, 2015, 04:12:01 pm
You lose credit for those accomplishments when you look at how he talks to the players and the things he teaches them.
+1
It's not about the outcome of the game, it's about young men coming together and competing, and it's about sportsmanship and integrity

Beaver Fever

Magnet has been pretty solid the last couple years.  I think they will have a good run the next couple years too, possible state appearance in two years. Very talanted sophomore class. I think you might regret the move.

SR30

Naaa won't regret it. They did get a new coach that will help bring the level of play up. They are in the weakest conference of all classifications. It will be years before they compete with the top 2A teams. Even with JC moving up to u still have the Bearden and Earle teams. Along with Gurdon and Mt. Ida. The freshman group of Mt. Ida kids have never lost a game that I am aware of dating back to the 4th grade. If that group has stayed together they will be tough

beaverfan007

I'm not saying gr Will. Win state but from what I've seen this summer there gonna be pretty good and I think a conference title is the first goal. This year

KOJACK

Quote from: beaverfan007 on August 03, 2015, 09:03:30 am
I'm not saying gr Will. Win state but from what I've seen this summer there gonna be pretty good and I think a conference title is the first goal. This year
I would shoot for winning a game before week 5...like last year.  :-[

snoopy22

Quote from: DeeGoldie on July 30, 2015, 04:57:16 pm
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 30, 2015, 12:40:49 pm

Yes I will.
Yay Dee😉😉😉😉😉

DeeGee

You're welcome 😆😆😆😆

adaptedtigerfan

I must apologize to Smackover😂😂. You have now been taken over by Lamar.

AlumniLights

Quote from: HF on July 30, 2015, 02:15:07 pm
All I needed to know about the character of gr's coaches was told to me by a former Glenrose player...any coach that tells his team to not take a knee because the other player is being a sissy (nicer words than the kid used), no matter how bad the injury may be. Probably shouldn't be coaching on the high school level....

It is a bad deal for the kids that the coaches and certain posters, and some players have earned that kind of reputation for Glen rose though.

They must teach that in Pee Wee in GR.

Fridaynightlights🏈

In all honesty, we will all talk about GR again after the win they got tonight over HG

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas