• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article about Jordan "The flash" Jones.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, July 14, 2015, 01:33:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Jones works hard to fulfill lofty expectations

This article was published July 12, 2015 at 12:13 a.m.

By Kev Moyé

News-Times Staff

A lot is expected from Smackover's Jordan Jones in what will be his senior season of high school football.

To his credit, by no means is he shying away from the lofty expectations. In fact, the Arkansas Razorback commit has dedicated his summer to becoming the best student-athlete he can be.

"As a team we've been practicing from 7-to-10. We lift and then we'll go out and do our other football activities. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'll go see my personal trainer and I work with him for an hour," Jones said. "I also run routes with my friends and quarterback, making sure we're on the same page."

During his meetings with the personal trainer, a specific skill is often addressed, according to Jones.

"We work on speed and explosion. We also work on my quickness. I'm a receiver and it's good to have deceptive strength. People don't think I have as much strength as I do," he stated. "It's good to have that. So the personal trainer works on my strength, quickness, lateral movement – things like that."

The special drills are being used at receiver, and quarterback. Though Jones is a ballyhooed wide-out - during certain packages in the Bucks' offense or if Smackover's starting QB is not available - the 6-3 athlete will likely be assigned to compete at quarterback.

"It's not that bad. I played quarterback in junior high so it's not something new for me," he stated. "If being at quarterback means that we'll win – I will do it."

Off the field, Jones is equally occupied with football as he's being recruited by several top-flight programs. In addition to Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, the coaches at Alabama, Ole Miss, Louisiana-Monroe, and Tulsa have also contacted Jones.

"The schools are still showing interest. I get a lot of stuff in the mail. I get a lot of stuff over Twitter. But right now I'm still committed to Arkansas," he said. "I listen to what the other programs have to say. My options are open. I listen to what they're saying, but at the same time I'm still committed to Arkansas."

Will there be an official recruiting visit to some of the coaches attempting to woo Jones away from Arkansas?

"That's something I haven't really decided on yet," he answered. "I haven't discussed it with my family."

One thing that has been discussed within Jones household and also by Bielema is the importance of academics. The wide-out took heed to those words of wisdom as a junior. Naturally, that drew the praise of Bielema.

"He's just more proud of how I've stepped up and took care of my grades," Jones said of the coach. "That's because my tenth grade year, not until I started getting recruited, I didn't really care much (about academics). He's more proud about that than anything else."

ARTexan

Jimbo Morphis

kids today kill me. if you are committed how are your options still open? not picking on this kid i read it all the time in recruiting.  can this work in marriage? honey i'm committed but i'm gonna keep my options open, ok?

FBfan79

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Oldman on July 14, 2015, 08:25:21 am
kids today kill me. if you are committed how are your options still open? not picking on this kid i read it all the time in recruiting.  can this work in marriage? honey i'm committed but i'm gonna keep my options open, ok?

Didn't realize recruiting is comparable to a life long commitment

HorseFeathers

Giving somebody your word doesn't matter anymore..

Proud Buckaroo

kids today kill me. if you are committed how are your options still open? not picking on this kid i read it all the time in recruiting.  can this work in marriage? honey I'm committed but I'm gonna keep my options open, OK?

He hasn't signed his letter to play for them yet. Keep in mind that he is only verbally committed. Although he IS a DIE hard razorback fan, and most likely will go play for Arkansas. He still has other options to look at. With three SEC teams offering him, and the Cajuns showing interest. You cannot help but to be able to look at your other opportunities.

WPWells

I see decommitting from a college like breaking off an engagement

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 15, 2015, 05:21:36 pm

Why are you guys comparing a high school kids level of commitment to marriage? It's not any comparison.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2015, 05:25:55 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 15, 2015, 05:21:36 pm

Why are you guys comparing a high school kids level of commitment to marriage? It's not any comparison.

Remember this is the state that believes a kid committed treason if they go out of sta te

Proud Buckaroo

Even though I am an Arkansas fan, and Jordan is a wonderful kid on, and off the field. I will not get upset if he choses to go elsewhere. You really think it matters where he goes? As long as the kid does his best, and what's best for him. That's all that matters.

WPWells

Perhaps I made a bad analogy. I was just trying to say that we shouldn't think of a verbal commitment at the same level of commitment as a marriage

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 15, 2015, 05:55:48 pm
Perhaps I made a bad analogy. I was just trying to say that we shouldn't think of a verbal commitment at the same level of commitment as a marriage

Engagement is slightly more than verbal....haha... wait til you find that unlucky girl and put a diamond on that hand, you'll see

Jimbo Morphis

July 16, 2015, 08:08:26 am #13 Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:10:27 am by Oldman
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2015, 04:57:26 pm
kids today kill me. if you are committed how are your options still open? not picking on this kid i read it all the time in recruiting.  can this work in marriage? honey I'm committed but I'm gonna keep my options open, OK?

He hasn't signed his letter to play for them yet. Keep in mind that he is only verbally committed. Although he IS a DIE hard razorback fan, and most likely will go play for Arkansas. He still has other options to look at. With three SEC teams offering him, and the Cajuns showing interest. You cannot help but to be able to look at your other opportunities.
only verbally committed?

THA TRUTH

Quote from: HF on July 15, 2015, 06:07:36 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 15, 2015, 05:55:48 pm

Engagement is slightly more than verbal....haha... wait til you find that unlucky girl and put a diamond on that hand, you'll see

Yea and the first thing out her mouth is u didn't let me show u what I wanted ahhhh that will push some buttons

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas