• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question.

Started by Headhunter15, July 07, 2015, 07:33:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

Can a kid who lives with his mother in one district move in with an aunt or uncle in another district and be allowed to play ball or is he ineligible?

WPWells

Not positive but I believe if he changes his permanent address then he's immediately eligible. I believe his aunt and uncle would have to become his legal guardians, though.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Longfellow

That sounds about right 12th Man

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 07, 2015, 07:41:54 am
Not positive but I believe if he changes his permanent address then he's immediately eligible. I believe his aunt and uncle would have to become his legal guardians, though.

only if aunt or uncle becomes legal guardian or if you are moving to charleston, nashville, junction city, or any private school that is good in sports.

Clara Allen

All of tha above is correct.  Legal guardianship must be established

BigLion10

Thought you could go where u want now since school act went into affect

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 07, 2015, 09:01:52 am
but you can't play sports.

JC Guy

Quote from: Oldman on July 07, 2015, 08:27:27 am

only if aunt or uncle becomes legal guardian or if you are moving to charleston, nashville, junction city, or any private school that is good in sports.
You just had to do JC? I will have to call BS on that one also Oldman if any one has looked at Hootens yet one of the kids that they said recruiters are on had to sit a year.

Jimbo Morphis

July 07, 2015, 10:29:54 am #8 Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:32:25 am by Oldman
Quote from: JC Guy on July 07, 2015, 10:12:41 am

You just had to do JC? I will have to call BS on that one also Oldman if any one has looked at Hootens yet one of the kids that they said recruiters are on had to sit a year.
could not find the sarcasm button. every school that is good is accused of recruiting. once you're on the 3a board for a little while you should learn to tell when i am being sarcastic. if you wouldn't have stopped reading at junction city you might have gotten it.

TeeLee

Quote from: Oldman on July 07, 2015, 10:29:54 am

could not find the sarcasm button. every school that is good is accused of recruiting. once you're on the 3a board for a little while you should learn to tell when i am being sarcastic. if you wouldn't have stopped reading at junction city you might have gotten it.

If I understand JC Guys post correctly, he just admitted that JC has recruiters on their staff. (sarcasm)

JC Guy

Quote from: TeeLee on July 07, 2015, 11:41:31 am

If I understand JC Guys post correctly, he just admitted that JC has recruiters on their staff. (sarcasm)
I was actually poking at you a little bit Oldman. You have to remember not everyone is as brilliant as you with the quick whit.

Jimbo Morphis

i'll try to remember that.

JC Guy

Quote from: TeeLee on July 07, 2015, 11:41:31 am

Hey TL we do it big down here like Ole Miss. We just hold our breath that everybody gets a cut so they don't blow up after being B slapped and run to the AAA. LOL

Jimbo Morphis

that b slapping gets returned some in 3a sir.

JC Guy

Quote from: Oldman on July 07, 2015, 02:43:42 pm
that b slapping gets returned some in 3a sir.
Let me explain sir. Ole Miss is under investigation currently because it sounds like a step dad either didn't get paid or had morals. The reference was due to all the JC cheats fans. Get over your self sir.

Coltfan2005

The answer to your question is yes and no. legal guardianship (according to the AAA handbook is not a factor in eligibility. Legal custody is the term that makes everything OK, and that is harder to do. Basically it means a parent has to move into that district and reside there. of course there is freedom of choice and legal transfers, but those have to be done by July 1 and the student may end up being ineligible for a variety of reasons.

cuckoobird

You must choose your school before july and I believe if you live out of that district, you must wait one semester before you can play any sports.

BigLion10

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2015, 08:21:13 am
You must choose your school before july and I believe if you live out of that district, you must wait one semester before you can play any sports.
I gotcha thanks

Beaver Fever

Have to sit 365 not a semester

Coach Jones

Custody is a pretty big deal.  To be signed over to the aunt and uncle the mother is actually signing away all rights to their son, including tax deductions, and all legal rights.   

BigLion10

I say let the kids go where they want to go without sitting out

macadoshis

July 10, 2015, 10:19:52 am #21 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:22:18 am by macadoshis
You can change schools June before their sophomore year starts and they can play immediately.  After that they have to either move into the district or sit 365 days.  I've moved both my kids so we went through this.

adaptedtigerfan

You didn't move to the right school.  Should have moved a little more west.   Bout an hour or so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas