• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State championships

Started by Headhunter15, June 16, 2015, 02:17:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

Question I've had for a long time is do schools get money for winning state titles?? I say this because of schools seeming to improve in facilities and equipment for players after they've won a title. Example: strong back when Dixon led them to the championship. A year later they have Nike uniforms?  ???

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Headhunter15 on June 16, 2015, 02:17:38 pm
Question I've had for a long time is do schools get money for winning state titles?? I say this because of schools seeming to improve in facilities and equipment for players after they've won a title. Example: strong back when Dixon led them to the championship. A year later they have Nike uniforms?  ???
that would be from private donations.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldman on June 16, 2015, 02:22:29 pm
Quote from: Headhunter15 on June 16, 2015, 02:17:38 pm
that would be from private donations.

Everyone wants to suppport them if they are winning!  No one kicks in many bucks if they are losing!

Hootie

It's called a booster club and donations.

Longfellow

Nobody pays when you're not very good. My senior year at TR, we had a one person booster club. It was my mom. After I graduated, the booster club was dissolved. Two Rivers still doesn't have a booster club. That's the case for a lot of small schools

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas