• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top QB's in 3A

Started by Longfellow, June 05, 2015, 07:58:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

With Storey and Dycus gone, who are the top gunslingers in the class?

Curleywolf Fan

Trever Pipkin of Prescott. Threw for over 3000 yards and over 30 touchdowns last year.

ChucktownTiger

Look for Jackson Rowland to surprise people for Charleston next year. Probably woulda started for any other team in the 3a last year. Wisdom is going to add a much needed target for him next year as well.

Proud Buckaroo

So.. You think he could have started over Logan, over Dycus? Over Pipkin?

oasistrader

Alex Francis -Harding Academy

Proud Buckaroo

He is the last Francis brother. Isn't he?

Longfellow

I'm not hopping on the Rowland bandwagon just yet. No way he would've started over Francis or Dycus. Yea he can throw the ball pretty well, but so can a lot of guys. Almost all of his playing time was against backups. Also he is pretty short at the QB position, and that's gonna hurt him a little bit

oasistrader

There is one other,younger, Francis boy,but he doesn't play football.

-Painted Fan-

Rowland is short? Is he shrinking?
I know he's taller than I am (6').
I'm guessing about 6'1", or 6'2".

Longfellow

On the basketball roster he is listed at 5'11

adaptedtigerfan

He is taller than 5'11"

fbisgreat

Rowland is 5'11 and @ the Charleston 7 on 7 he looked good at times and bad at times.He will be OK but it might be his SR year.

Longfellow

From what I've seen, he has a good arm, but I haven't seen him throw under pressure. And what are the thoughts on Francis? Is he gonna be playing on Saturday's next year?

oasistrader

Haven't heard if he has a goal of playing on the collegiate level after his senior year,but my guess is no.

RTF

Leave it to a Charleston poster to add a few "inches" =D

Jimbo Morphis

PrivateLesson

Woah.....

No wonder RTF is jealous...lol!

Proud Buckaroo

PrivateLesson

No, he's not 6'4 and can run that fast??     I thought Paris was wanting someone to replace the Fenner kid?     PapaEagle or someone posted some Williams kids are moving in??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 08, 2015, 03:52:58 pm
No, he's not 6'4 and can run that fast??     I thought Paris was wanting someone to replace the Fenner kid?     PapaEagle or someone posted some Williams kids are moving in??
thanks for clearing that up.

RTF

so.... "PrivateLessons" huh??......=D

KOJACK

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on June 06, 2015, 09:05:11 pm
Look for Jackson Rowland to surprise people for Charleston next year. Probably woulda started for any other team in the 3a last year. Wisdom is going to add a much needed target for him next year as well.
No thanks

PrivateLesson

Longfellow

When did this thread become about Paris basketball? Unless Fenner is gonna be the chucks starting QB.

PrivateLesson

Well.....I had read earlier a post papaeagle made that they were getting some move-ins named Williams....to Paris.....he had suggested football and basketball but then edited his post the next day....I noticed last night.....saying they were perhaps girl athletes.    RTF had stated that Charleston adds inches....acting jealous of height and speed....so that's why I posted what I did....thinking they were needing someone to replace Fenner.    Evidently, I got it confused....so, it's probably my fault.  Sorry for the confusion.   

Proud Buckaroo

There is a thread for 3A basketball. If you read the post there. Comment on it there.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 09, 2015, 07:12:13 pm
There is a thread for 3A basketball. If you read the post there. Comment on it there.

I read it under Football....Spring Numbers.....thanks, tho.

Quote from: papaeagle on June 06, 2015, 06:20:57 pm
It is confirmed by the Paris School Board meeting in May that they accepted the transfer of TWO Scranton students with last name of Williams.. Hopefully they are athletes and can be of help to the basketball or football programs. However, first names indicate likely female students, so sorry if I am posting under wrong sport. . ;)

fbisgreat

I no this has nothing to do with top QB.But was told today @ team camp Charleston was playing Van Buren.CHS player made a great hit on Van buren WR player from Van buren came off bench pushed CHS player down.CHS player pushed that player down .Both teams came on field punch's thrown.Van Buren coach And CHS D COR.got in to it was broken up by coach K and another coach from CHS.Anybody there that saw this.

Proud Buckaroo

benchwarmer99

I think smackovers beau burson could me a difference maker. They have a very talented backfield and if he can just play his role he could be a very good qb. A big speedy and talented kid.

Proud Buckaroo

Very good kid. Just needs some good experience this summer! He will shape up to be just fine. I told you, Benchwarmer. He was a good QB.

BigLion10

Which coach won the fight?

Lineman

Quote from: fbisgreat on June 09, 2015, 08:33:11 pm
I no this has nothing to do with top QB.But was told today @ team camp Charleston was playing Van Buren.CHS player made a great hit on Van buren WR player from Van buren came off bench pushed CHS player down.CHS player pushed that player down .Both teams came on field punch's thrown.Van Buren coach And CHS D COR.got in to it was broken up by coach K and another coach from CHS.Anybody there that saw this.
I wasn't there but I got that sounds about like the version I was told.

benchwarmer99

I knew he was PB. Good defensive player to. Team camp and 7 on 7 should help. I would imagine he would be able to make some plays with feet as well.

WPWells

Just to clarify, it was a clean hit

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: fbisgreat on June 09, 2015, 08:33:11 pm
know

MICHAELSPAPPY

It will be interesting to see how the new QB at Lamar will do. Certainly not your typical sort.

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on June 12, 2015, 09:31:44 pm
It will be interesting to see how the new QB at Lamar will do. Certainly not your typical sort.
He could have as many rush attempts as pass attempts.  And hopefully will have as many tackles as rushes and passes. 

snoopy22

Quote from: KOJACK on June 09, 2015, 09:09:22 am
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on June 06, 2015, 09:05:11 pm
No thanks
yeah we will keep our guy that threw for over 3,000 yards and 40 touchdowns with 4 INTS last year over a guy that hasn't started a varsity game.  And btw I've seen some idiot crap on here before, but this is the new dumbest of the dumb.  Congrats.

Longfellow

I'll agree with snoopy on that one. To say he would've started over Pipkin, Clark, Francis, Dycus, Sampley, and Munson. That's a tough group of QB's. No doubt Dycus would've been a D1 recruit if he was taller. With a little work on mechanics and footwork, so could Clark. Francis is as smart as they come, and Pipkin and Munson put up some nasty stats. I would definitely choose all of those guys over a kid who has almost no first half experience.

Proud Buckaroo

Even if Logan would have gotten offers for football. He still would have went for baseball. That's his sport. That was his dad's sport and that's what he loves the most.

minerjack

Quote from: Longfellow on June 14, 2015, 03:12:01 pm
I'll agree with snoopy on that one. To say he would've started over Pipkin, Clark, Francis, Dycus, Sampley, and Munson. That's a tough group of QB's. No doubt Dycus would've been a D1 recruit if he was taller. With a little work on mechanics and footwork, so could Clark. Francis is as smart as they come, and Pipkin and Munson put up some nasty stats. I would definitely choose all of those guys over a kid who has almost no first half experience.
Francis isn't as good as his older brother and probably not as good as you think. He has to be told where to throw. And he pushes passes that shouldn't be thrown.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas