• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at McGehee

Started by owl84, November 07, 2014, 11:18:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on November 10, 2014, 08:24:50 am
Haven't seen rivercrest play so i can't make a prediction. mcgehee and rivercrest both have programs with a lot of tradition and i am looking forward to this game.

I feel the same way about the prediction.  Pretty much impossible to pick without having seen both teams play and no common opponents.  With that being said, I hope Rivercrest comes out strong and plays well.  If they do that, this one should be fun to watch.  Two tradition rich programs meeting up in the first round is always interesting.   

DatBoot

Haven't seen rivercrest play so i can't make a prediction. mcgehee and rivercrest both have programs with a lot of tradition and i am looking forward to this game.
+1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 10, 2014, 08:59:23 am

I feel the same way about the prediction.  Pretty much impossible to pick without having seen both teams play and no common opponents.  With that being said, I hope Rivercrest comes out strong and plays well.  If they do that, this one should be fun to watch.  Two tradition rich programs meeting up in the first round is always interesting.   
man it's ff everyone makes predictions without seeing the other team. i love the ones that say i don't know anything about so and so but i'll pick my team by 7.

OB11

Yeah, makes no sense.  Like saying one movie is better than another without having seen both.  I don't recall ever predicting a score on fearless.  I may have said I pick one team to win but never put a number on it.  It's high school football.  Someone's girlfriend may have broken up with them that day so they had a bad game. Haha.  Score predictions are meaningless for the most part.

DatBoot

November 10, 2014, 12:58:05 pm #54 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:09:34 pm by DatBoot
Quote from: OliverBoy11 on November 10, 2014, 09:40:10 am
Yeah, makes no sense.  Like saying one movie is better than another without having seen both.  I don't recall ever predicting a score on fearless.  I may have said I pick one team to win but never put a number on it.  It's high school football.  Someone's girlfriend may have broken up with them that day so they had a bad game. Haha.  Score predictions are meaningless for the most part.
After watching film on McGehee, I won't lie I love the fact that they run an O that is smashmouth football. It reminds me of US, back when we ran the veer. They run a 2 back set, with a wingman so to say! They're going to line up and run right at us. Will throw the ball some but not much. I for one am ready for this drive and those lights to be on!

State champs 2010

Quote from: Iron Owl on November 09, 2014, 09:35:14 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 09, 2014, 04:46:43 pm
If rivercrest defense shows up I'm pickin rivercrest by 7.
What's special about yall's D?  They are allowing more than 25 pts per game...
you'll see

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 10, 2014, 12:58:28 pm
Quote from: Iron Owl on November 09, 2014, 09:35:14 pm
Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 09, 2014, 04:46:43 pm
If rivercrest defense shows up I'm pickin rivercrest by 7.
What's special about yall's D?  They are allowing more than 25 pts per game...
you'll see
hard to argue with all those facts and figures. impressive, you can tell you've done your homework. i like a man that has a good football iq and doesn't just tout his own team.

Hootie

McGehee is in for it after the cupcake non-conference schedule and sub-par conference competition. The rest of the state is leaps and bounds ahead of the 3A-6 this year in football as far as quality opponents and Rivercrest should run away with this game in the first quarter.

DatBoot

November 10, 2014, 01:25:05 pm #58 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:26:59 pm by DatBoot
Keep in mind some games the Colts 3rd string allowed points but in the 10 games the Colts Scoring vs others are, (if math isn't wrong and could be) 303(us)-264(them)
So we average 30.3 ppg and allow 26.4 ppg
redandgrey is this correct?

rivercrestQB??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DatBoot on November 10, 2014, 01:25:05 pm
Keep in mind some games the Colts 3rd string allowed points but in the 10 games the Colts Scoring vs others are, (if math isn't wrong and could be) 303(us)-264(them)
melbourne?

Radiotalker

3rd string?  How is that possible with 30 players total.

Hootie

Lineman become DB's and DB's become lineman.

redandgray

304 - 265
Defense has been extremely inconsistent this year.  I was however impressed with our defense Friday night.

Radiotalker

Quote from: redandgray on November 10, 2014, 01:59:25 pm
304 - 265
Defense has been extremely inconsistent this year.  I was however impressed with our defense Friday night.

It helps when the other team keeps throwing it to you.

redandgray

DatBoot

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 10, 2014, 01:38:56 pm

3rd string?  How is that possible with 30 players total.
Some just play O and some just play D..11 on field at 1 time, so that means 19 are on the sidelines.

State champs 2010

Y'all do y'all's homework on how many points was scored in the 4th Q and tell me if u see a difference. 2nd string players were in.. Under estimate them if u want. Osceola seen the starting defense the whole game and looked what happened.. 1 touchdown on offense.. All I can tell you is do some more homework. Cause I promise you McGehee will need it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 10, 2014, 04:18:57 pm
Y'all do y'all's homework on how many points was scored in the 4th Q and tell me if u see a difference. 2nd string players were in.. Under estimate them if u want. Osceola seen the starting defense the whole game and looked what happened.. 1 touchdown on offense.. All I can tell you is do some more homework. Cause I promise you McGehee will need it.
we're not manilla or piggot. we're better than melbourne. bring your lunch.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Oldman on November 10, 2014, 04:20:28 pm
dont let the 4th seed fool you.

Radiotalker

Actually we scored two offensive TD's.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 10, 2014, 04:31:25 pm

Actually we scored two offensive TD's.
id hope y'all could score on a fumbled kick return and got the ball on the 15 yard line. Radio talker I'm just glad you wasn't the ref!  ::)

Radiotalker

Look, I've said all along that this is a tough matchup for both schools. Rivercrest is probably the most storied football program in the northeast, however McGehee is the most storied in Class 3A and in the state. It's going to be tough playing there, but it seems that the Owls have struggled playing the athletic teams from our conference. Should be a good one.

redandgray

Will be an uphill fight for this year's Colts

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 10, 2014, 04:24:47 pm
melbourne.

DatBoot

Hootie

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 10, 2014, 05:02:33 pm
Look, I've said all along that this is a tough matchup for both schools. Rivercrest is probably the most storied football program in the northeast, however McGehee is the most storied in Class 3A and in the state. It's going to be tough playing there, but it seems that the Owls have struggled playing the athletic teams from our conference. Should be a good one.

When? Who?

DatBoot

"Rivercrest at MCGEHEE (12): These teams have a combined 91 playoff victories. Rivercrest beat rival Osceola 26-14 last week in its most impressive win of the year. Junior RB Cecil Langston ran 32 times for 239 yards. Senior QB Austin Griffin ran 4 yards for a TD and threw two TD passes to senior Peyton Adams. Langston paces the Colts this year with 206 carries for 1,700 yards (8.3 ypc) and 16 TDs. McGehee, the No. 2 seed from the 6-3A, beat six league opponents by an average score of 48-12. Athletic junior QB Jayse Snider (6-3, 220), junior TB Kaion Parker and junior FBs Daniel Pace and Ty Grant fuel the Owl offense. Snider threw three TD passes to junior William Waldrup in last week's 27-12 win at Fordyce."
-Hootens

redandgray

Quote from: DatBoot on November 11, 2014, 08:42:23 am
Come on redandgrey!!

LOL. It's true.  We're not a great team.  We have the talent to be better than what we are, but very inconsistent. I'm still pulling for us with everything I've got.  Go Colts!

Radiotalker

Quote from: Hootie on November 11, 2014, 08:50:21 am
Quote from: Radiotalker on November 10, 2014, 05:02:33 pm

When? Who?

2010  Osceola    3-7  5th seed   McGehee won 24-14
I remember going down there hoping we wouldn't be embarrassed and we went toe-to-toe with them. Then again the winner drew Shiloh next round when they had those really good teams.

2012   Earle   3rd seed           McGehee won 55-48

No disrespect intended, just seems like these type of teams have matched up well against the Owls.   

DatBoot

Quote from: redandgray on November 11, 2014, 09:32:59 am
Quote from: DatBoot on November 11, 2014, 08:42:23 am
Come on redandgrey!!

LOL. It's true.  We're not a great team.  We have the talent to be better than what we are, but very inconsistent. I'm still pulling for us with everything I've got.  Go Colts!

That's what I wanted to hear!!

Iron Owl

Never does, but remember, you ARE the 4th seed for a reason....Jus saying.

Iron Owl

That Allen kid who ran the ball for Earle in 2010 was the best running back that I have seen in 3A football.  If Landston is as good as him, it should be a heck of a game. 

Paperman

Unless McGehee shows up with Osceola written on their jerseys, the Colts are in for a long night. No disrespect to these young men, but that is a long way to go and play on someone else's home field. Hope I'm wrong, but I a not sure they can get up to play another game this week.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Iron Owl on November 11, 2014, 04:27:05 pm
rivercrest was 1 touchdown away on the 3 yard line from being the #1 seed. Against Melbourne in the 2nd overtime.

Proud Buckaroo

That really doesn't say much about Rivercrest. Honestly..

bootlegger

Quote from: Paperman on November 11, 2014, 06:00:26 pm
Unless McGehee shows up with Osceola written on their jerseys, the Colts are in for a long night. No disrespect to these young men, but that is a long way to go and play on someone else's home field. Hope I'm wrong, but I a not sure they can get up to play another game this week.
Same can be said of OSCEOLA ,if camden harmony grove shows up with rivercrest on their jerseys osceola will fold.with that said go noles!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 11, 2014, 07:48:48 pm
Quote from: Iron Owl on November 11, 2014, 04:27:05 pm
rivercrest was 1 touchdown away on the 3 yard line from being the #1 seed. Against Melbourne in the 2nd overtime.
you sure about that? you would have won the tie breaker?

Hootie

All teams are 0-0 and playing for a shot at the title. All seasons can be rewritten from here.

State champs 2010

Quote from: Hootie on November 12, 2014, 08:43:32 am
All teams are 0-0 and playing for a shot at the title. All seasons can be rewritten from here.
+1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: State champs 2010 on November 12, 2014, 09:08:22 am
Quote from: Hootie on November 12, 2014, 08:43:32 am
+1
all teams are not playing for the title. most 3-5 seeds are just hoping to win a game.

ISU7

November 12, 2014, 09:20:24 am #91 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:48:45 am by ISU7
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 11, 2014, 07:59:54 pm
Really! Says the guy from Smackover who hasnt won a state title in 65 yrs, 1949. They werent wearing helmets, and played with a nerf football back then. Doesnt say much  about Smackover honestly..lol . SMH.. ;D 8)

Proud Buckaroo

Were we talking about 1949? No. This is 2014. My comment was strictly towards 2014.

Pretty sure a 12-2 record to the semi-finals last season.
9-1 record so far this year means something.

State champs 2010

Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2014, 09:20:24 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 11, 2014, 07:59:54 pm
Really! Says the guy from Smackover who hasnt won a state title in 65 yrs, 1949. They werent wearing helmets, and played with a nerf footbal back then. Doesnt say much abou Y Smackover honestly..lol . SMH.. ;D 8)
hahahaha!!! Good one ISU!!  ;D

State champs 2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 12, 2014, 09:26:15 am
Were we talking about 1949? No. This is 2014. My comment was strictly towards 2014.

Pretty sure a 12-2 record to the semi-finals last season.
9-1 record so far this year means something.
9-1 don't mean nothin when it comes to playoff time!! NOTHING!!!!

ISU7

It dont matter how far you travel, the better team will win. Osceola beat two teams the Colts lost too, but that dont mean they are a better team. Every team gets a good review when they win, but when they lose, its they didnt play ball, they shot themselves in the foot, bad play calling lost this one, etc. we are al quilty of it. No matter what we say think or hope for the game will be played on the field. No one knows what will really happen.. Good luck too both teams..Shout out to my kinfolk down in Mcgehee superintendent Thomas Gathen........

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2014, 09:37:27 am
It dont matter how far you travel, the better team will win. Osceola beat two teams the Colts lost too, but that dont mean they are a better team. Every team gets a good review when they win, but when they lose, its they didnt play ball, they shot themselves in the foot, bad play calling lost this one, etc. we are al quilty of it. No matter what we say think or hope for the game will be played on the field. No one knows what will really happen.. Good luck too both teams..Shout out to my kinfolk down in Mcgehee superintendent Thomas Gathen........
he is a good man.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2014, 09:39:50 am
Quote from: ISU7 on November 12, 2014, 09:37:27 am
he is a good man.
Yes sir Oldnan, his son, my cousin, Thomas Jr.  goes to my church in Luxora. Very talented young man.

Paperman

5 Hour bus ride does not help anyone. Colts only played two complete games all season (Gosnell and Osceola). I really don't think Rivercrest can get up to win against McGehee. That is my opinion and everyone is free to disagree. That being said, I hope the Colts bring home a victory, as I do the Osceola Seminoles. Best wishes to them and all teams from 3A-3.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Paperman on November 12, 2014, 10:10:43 am
5 Hour bus ride does not help anyone. Colts only played two complete games all season (Gosnell and Osceola). I really don't think Rivercrest can get up to win against McGehee. That is my opinion and everyone is free to disagree. That being said, I hope the Colts bring home a victory, as I do the Osceola Seminoles. Best wishes to them and all teams from 3A-3.
hope the heater on the bus works.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas