• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How fast do you run??

Started by bomberman14, May 05, 2005, 04:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Walter

Just ask the nurse to pull your finger at the appropriate time.  ::)

beach bum

October 07, 2015, 10:54:28 pm #802 Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:56:54 am by beach bum

My friend works at a school in South America.... I could not stop laughing after he sent me this picture today of their first track meet since its spring down there. The grass track and the bare foot kid just made me laugh so hard. Imagine running the 400m on a grass track??

Valleysports

That's pure right there Beach Bum.  Go run 100 yd sprints on a grass football field and see how you like it - if you can still find a grass football field.  I'm sure you've seen the studies on how good barefoot running is.  Reason someone developed those running barefoot shoe things. Get's you off your heels and properly balanced on the balls of your feet.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on October 08, 2015, 09:44:22 am
That's pure right there Beach Bum.  Go run 100 yd sprints on a grass football field and see how you like it - if you can still find a grass football field.  I'm sure you've seen the studies on how good barefoot running is.  Reason someone developed those running barefoot shoe things. Get's you off your heels and properly balanced on the balls of your feet.

Exactly, I constantly had little nagging things go on with my right leg from about age 18 to 22 (mostly knee issues though)...... Made the change to only doing at least 70% of my miles on natural surfaces and never had problems the last 5 years.

PrivateLesson

Some people like running that way better.    I have ran at the track barefoot a couple of times.   It definitely makes you take notice in the feel of how you are running.

cuckoobird

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 09, 2015, 09:40:34 am
Some people like running that way better.    I have ran at the track barefoot a couple of times.   It definitely makes you take notice in the feel of how you are running.
you shouldn't be running barefoot at the track, you should be home barefoot making samiches

Valleysports

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 09, 2015, 10:47:52 am
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 09, 2015, 09:40:34 am
you shouldn't be running barefoot at the track, you should be home barefoot making samiches

+ 1000   ;D

PrivateLesson

Ha!   I do both, honestly....I'm sure most women and wives do. 

OB11

True story

Was at a track meet in jr high one time and there was a team there (which shall remain nameless) that was absolutely terrible.  We lined up for the 100 and one of their runners took off before the gun and made it all the way down to the finish line without realizing no one else was running.  After he came back to the starting line and actually ran in the race some of the guys on our team asked him how fast he ran the hundred...he looked them dead in the face as serious as could be and said..."as fast as I can".  It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen and heard at a track meet. 

Legend

It had to be Farmington. All there guys were 4.3 40

BIGGOAT60

after 11 years I rechecked my 40 time and now I run a 6.9

miners35

BIGGOAT60

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas