• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-South

Started by ARSOCCER2017, December 17, 2018, 01:49:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ARSOCCER2017

December 17, 2018, 01:49:13 pm Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:48:35 am by ARSOCCER2017
6 Boys - 5 Girls
Baptist Prep
Centerpoint
Cossatot River
Danville
Gurdon (B)
Haskell Harmony Grove
**Double Round Robin - NO Conf. Tournament - Top 4 to State-No word on which conferences match up at State**

How have other conferences decided to set themselves up???

sssuperpantherfan2

The new 5A conference doesn't have a tournament either, top 4 teams go to playoffs.

RazorDad

Quote from: sssuperpantherfan2 on December 19, 2018, 05:15:56 am
The new 5A conference doesn't have a tournament either, top 4 teams go to playoffs.

And there was much rejoicing in our neck of the woods.

CentralARFutbol

Quote from: RazorDad on December 19, 2018, 11:01:56 am
And there was much rejoicing in our neck of the woods.

Ha! Same here.

ARSOCCER2017

I've heard that the 4A South is playing everyone once and then having a conference tournament. I think travel time was a key factor in only playing once.

sevenof400

Quote from: ARSOCCER2017 on January 16, 2019, 10:58:16 am
I've heard that the 4A South is playing everyone once and then having a conference tournament. I think travel time was a key factor in only playing once.

Each conference has the option to determine how they (the conference) will identify the teams they send to the playoffs but this is a bit weird sounding. 
Playing a round robin, then holding a conference tournament seems to be two steps in opposite directions.
The conference COULD identify its playoff teams using the single round robin results only - this has been done in the past.
So why have the conference playoff?   

ARSOCCER2017

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 16, 2019, 07:25:45 pm
Each conference has the option to determine how they (the conference) will identify the teams they send to the playoffs but this is a bit weird sounding. 
Playing a round robin, then holding a conference tournament seems to be two steps in opposite directions.
The conference COULD identify its playoff teams using the single round robin results only - this has been done in the past.
So why have the conference playoff?

You do bring up an excellent point.
4A South last year had a tourney because the conference split in two to play closer games.
Also the 5A/6A blend meant that some teams didn't play everyone in their "conference."
So that does beg the question why are the conference tourneys even necessary at all??

razorback

Quote from: ARSOCCER2017 on January 17, 2019, 09:20:03 am
You do bring up an excellent point.
4A South last year had a tourney because the conference split in two to play closer games.
Also the 5A/6A blend meant that some teams didn't play everyone in their "conference."
So that does beg the question why are the conference tourneys even necessary at all??

I know in the past (in some conferences), conference tournaments have been a way for the host school to generate some revenue for soccer.  If they are not doing it for that reason, I agree it doesn't make much sense to me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas