• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Preseason Favorite

Started by Sick Dog, December 09, 2018, 04:27:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sick Dog

Before we go for the year, who is the favorite to win the 3A Championship next season?
Would even like to hear who is favored from each Conference.

1wildcat

Rison should win the 6-3A be a little bit stronger and right back in mix.

501Arkansas

Osceola should win the 3A-3 again we have a lot of guys coming back next year.

Curleywolf Fan

December 09, 2018, 04:59:50 pm #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 05:02:52 pm by Curleywolf Fan
As you know being a Prescott fan Prescott should be right there fighting for another state championship like always. We have 2 thousand yard running backs coming back and we have a another speedy back coming up from our undefeated Jr High team. We have number 5 stepping up to take over the quarterback position and should be very good like our 9 was just not as tall! lol We have a lot of under class men coming back also. Not bragging but Prescott reloads they don't rebuild. The proof is in the pudding. Prescott has been to the final four a average of every 3 years since the playoffs started in 1969 and if that isn't consistency I don't know what is. Prescott will be going for there 20th final four next year!

1wildcat

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on December 09, 2018, 04:59:50 pm
As you know being a Prescott fan Prescott should be right there fighting for another state championship like always. We have 2 thousand yard running backs coming back and we have a another speedy back coming up from our undefeated Jr High team. We have number 5 stepping up to take over the quarterback position and should be very good like our 9 was just not as tall! lol We have a lot of under class men coming back also. Not bragging but Prescott reloads they don't rebuild. The proof is in the pudding. Prescott has been to the final four a average of every 3 years since the playoffs started in 1969 and if that isn't consistency I don't know what is. Prescott will be going for there 20th final four next year!
Yeah it seems like a really bad year for Prescott = about 3 losses

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 09, 2018, 04:48:32 pm
Rison should win the 6-3A be a little bit stronger and right back in mix.
How many starters are you losing?

snoopy22

I was wondering the same Oldman.  How many starters are back from Rison?  I think Prescott will be the number 1 ranked team next year to start the season.  I also think McGehee could win the 6-3A.  Could go either way.  Booneville will still be good as well as Osceola.  Camden Harmony Grove and Smackover will be good too.

HG Hornet

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 09, 2018, 05:54:10 pm
Camden Harmony Grove and Smackover will be good too.
I think you are correct Snoopy.  Prescott, Smackover, and CHG will once again be battling for the 1, 2, 3 spot.....meaning that someone will be visiting all three of us in the playoffs. 

I don't know much about Prescott and Smackover, but CHG will be definitely be pretty good again next year.  We'll have lots of speed again.

Sick Dog

I think a lot depends on some of the recruiting classes!!!! I think Osceola is counting on some starters who started for RIvercrest this year to be starters next year. How can Rison be better if they are graduating a D1 athlete? What does McGehee and Smackover have back? I mean you take 6 away from Smackover they werent very good this year. How can Prescott be as good with loosing what they are loosing? Booneville I seen has couple backs back. Im getting sick I better stop. Sounds like another great year coming.

Paperman

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 09, 2018, 09:23:50 pm
I think a lot depends on some of the recruiting classes!!!! I think Osceola is counting on some starters who started for RIvercrest this year to be starters next year. How can Rison be better if they are graduating a D1 athlete? What does McGehee and Smackover have back? I mean you take 6 away from Smackover they werent very good this year. How can Prescott be as good with loosing what they are loosing? Booneville I seen has couple backs back. Im getting sick I better stop. Sounds like another great year coming.
Osceola doesn't recruit. Rison's D1 recruit isn't their best player in my opinion.

501Arkansas

😂😂😂😂 Yeah you are sick alright. Loosing? Losing dude🤦🏾‍♂️

Ball Hawk

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 09, 2018, 04:53:09 pm
Osceola should win the 3A-3 again we have a lot of guys coming back next year.

Yall losing anyone at all?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Ball Hawk on December 09, 2018, 10:49:59 pm
Yall losing anyone at all?
Yeah we are losing the two burks brothers, QB/CB Carl miner, LB/WR jariq Scales, CB Rico Moore, SS Jamarion Veasley, WR Jeremiah Tobar, WR/CB Ike Caruthers, RB/LB Titus Harris, OL/DT Keyshawn Scales, T/DE Torrance Stewart, OT/DL Jason Ugalde, OT/DE Jacob O'Kane, C/DT Jaylen Alexander and NG/G Chris Jackson

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 10, 2018, 12:06:00 am
  Yeah we are losing the two burks brothers, QB/CB Carl miner, LB/WR jariq Scales, CB Rico Moore, SS Jamarion Veasley, WR Jeremiah Tobar, WR/CB Ike Caruthers, RB/LB Titus Harris, OL/DT Keyshawn Scales, T/DE Torrance Stewart, OT/DL Jason Ugalde, OT/DE Jacob O'Kane, C/DT Jaylen Alexander and NG/G Chris Jackson
As of right now we have 24 guys coming back. I don't know if anymore freshman's we step up etc. Have a lineman that's coming off a season injury that's coming back and a WR that missed the last 4-5 games with a knee injury

Coach79

Quote from: Paperman on December 09, 2018, 09:30:42 pm
Osceola doesn't recruit. Rison's D1 recruit isn't their best player in my opinion.

Thank you!  It is always nice to start the day off with a good laugh.

1wildcat

Quote from: Oldman on December 09, 2018, 05:15:03 pm
How many starters are you losing?
I think it's 8. 4 on defense  2-DB 1-LB 1-DT   3 on offense 1-WR 2-OL  and 1-K.  12 Sr.s total.

We still have 2 starting RBs and a 3rd that played a lot Plus our QB and 3 on the OL along with several that didn't start but played a lot.

Lost some good one's on defense but again several back ups that played quite a bit.

I believe we'll reload and not miss a beat.

Jimbo Morphis

Hope that young running back of yours stays. I'm sure he'll  be getting an offer from Osceola any day now.

HG Hornet

I mean you take 6 away from Smackover they werent very good this year.
I don't know if I would say that they (Smackover) weren't very good, but I believe CHG beats them this year without him.  We would have been the 2 seed and might have lost to Booneville anyway, but no one knows for sure how it would have all turned out.......Prescott might have beat them on a dry field in week 3, where we could not.  Overall, I enjoyed winning for the first time ever in Glen Rose in week 2 and that game wouldn't have been played without CHG being the 3 seed this year.  It is what it is and the season is now over, so congrats to Booneville and let's look forward to 2019.  I look for CHG to be in the top 10 of the preseason rankings next Fall.   

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on December 10, 2018, 10:21:39 am
Hope that young running back of yours stays. I'm sure he'll  be getting an offer from Osceola any day now.
We love the love and support you give us Old Man, you keep Osceola in your mouth. Good deal

CoolBreeze

Look for Clinton and Harding Academy to contend tor the 2-3A crown again in 2019. Clinton will retain their starting QB and top receiver. The will lose their two leading rushers but two others with more than 500 yards each will return. The Yellowjackets also had a strong Jr. High team and will undoubtedly move up some good players from that squad.

HA's QB graduates but they have a strong candidate waiting to take the helm. Their 1100-yard running back will return as will 3 of their top 4 pass receivers. Unfortunately, one of the three will be starting at quarterback, but HA seldom has difficulty finding quality pass catchers. No doubt, a few players from the undefeated Jr. Wildcats will make a contribution next year, as well. Two likely candidates, a pair of defensive ends who made numerous tackles and spent a lot of time in opponents' backfields.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on December 10, 2018, 11:10:50 am
We love the love and support you give us Old Man, you keep Osceola in your mouth. Good deal
😁

Sick Dog

What does Glen Rose, Atkins, Mayflower have coming back?

Bea510

Glen Rose isn't losing much, numbers wise. They graduate 9 seniors, however 7 of those 9 seniors started both ways throughout the year. The Beavers will be young, but they'll be competing like they do year in year out with any players they do have. They have a few lightly experienced lineman coming back, and a solid receiver.

knownothingboutfallball

From the info I've read Booneville has an O Lineman that is one of the best in state in all classes

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on December 11, 2018, 07:39:49 pm
From the info I've read Booneville has an O Lineman that is one of the best in state in all classes

I guess since you didn't get any attention with that comment the first time you said it, you decided to try it in two other threads. Are you that desperate for attention??

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 11, 2018, 07:51:48 pm
I guess since you didn't get any attention with that comment the first time you said it, you decided to try it in two other threads. Are you that desperate for attention??

Maybe it's his kid and he just wants to push him out there.   Bearcat football is a team sport that's why we're successful.  No I in team

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on December 11, 2018, 08:25:15 pm
Maybe it's his kid and he just wants to push him out there.   Bearcat football is a team sport that's why we're successful.  No I in team
Or just hoping to get a pm from an Osceola fan with an offer.

knownothingboutfallball

Don't have a kid playing just going on info I read I've been out of loop for a while untill this year thanks though

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 10, 2018, 10:01:57 pm
What does Glen Rose, Atkins, Mayflower have coming back?
Mayflower will lose the twins and thus much of their offensive fire power.

Sick Dog

So in other words may not make the play offs?

Football2mom

I'm excited to see how Clinton does! I remember how good we was the last year of Jr high! I'm ready to see that all over again.

panther07

Quote from: Football2mom on December 13, 2018, 08:50:14 pm
I'm excited to see how Clinton does! I remember how good we was the last year of Jr high! I'm ready to see that all over again.

My understanding is Clinton loses every player in their front 7 on defense. Both of their running backs. I know the twins are back but they aren't the same caliber as the two in the backfield. Clinton will be tough but they won't be as good as they were this year in my opinion

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on December 13, 2018, 11:07:04 pm
My understanding is Clinton loses every player in their front 7 on defense. Both of their running backs. I know the twins are back but they aren't the same caliber as the two in the backfield. Clinton will be tough but they won't be as good as they were this year in my opinion
The did have a good Jr. High team, but it will be hard to replace that many with quality personnel.

Football2mom

Yes they did but we had some big boys move up and I think they will be ok .. we still have the O Line.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas