• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Des Arc @ Junction City

Started by bleudog, November 16, 2018, 09:48:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Gatormaniac

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 16, 2018, 10:57:08 pm
DA shocks the world.
DA will get exposed just like Earle district 6 only district where players have the 6 year plan welcome to LA. Da

bleudog

Junction City knocks off Des Arc
This article was published November 23, 2018 at 11:45 p.m.

News-Times Staff

JUNCTION CITY - Fast starts have seemingly become the norm for Junction City.

Dhante Gibson scored three of his four touchdowns in the first quarter en route to rushing for 170 yards on 13 carries, as Junction City knocked off Des Arc 55-13 in the 2A state quarterfinals Friday night.

The win sends the Dragons (10-2), the 8-2A's No. 1 seed, into a semifinal showdown at Foreman, the defending 2A state champions, next week with a spot in the state finals at stake.

"Our guys came out and executed," said Junction City coach Steven Jones. "We were able to stop their inside run. Overall, it was a good team effort."

In their three playoff wins, the Dragons, winners of nine straight games, have outscored their opponents 107-12 in the first half.

Against the Eagles (9-4), the 6-2A's No. 2 seed, the Dragons jumped out to a 32-6 lead after the first quarter and never looked back.

On the first possession of the game, the Dragons took advantage of a bad snap on a punt to get the ball in Des Arc's red zone.

Starting at Des Arc's 13, the Dragons needed just 58 seconds to open the scoring, as Gibson scored on a 5-yard run at the 8:29 mark. The senior also added the two-point conversion to give the Dragons an 8-0 lead.

On the ensuing possession, Jakiron Cook recovered a fumble to give the Dragons the ball back at their 35.

After hooking up on a 17-yard pass play, Brady Hutcheson fired a 37-yard touchdown pass to Kevontae Haynes with Gibson's two-point conversion pushing the lead to 16-0.

Junction City's defense then came up with another turnover on the Eagles' next possession, as Jamie Carroll recovered a fumble.

Starting at Des Arc's 20, the Dragons were pushed back five years due to a penalty, but two carries by Gibson netted 21 yards, and the Dragons had first-and-goal at the 4.

On the next play, Gibson scored for the second time and added his third two-point conversion of the quarter to make it 24-0 with 3:15 left in the period.

After the Eagles answered on their next possession, Junction City countered with a one-play scoring drive, as Gibson scored on a 49-yard run with Cook's two-point conversion pushing the lead to 32-6.

In the second quarter, the Eagles went on a lengthy drive and reached Junction City's 19, but a fumble, this one recovered by Semaj Levingston, ended it.

As was the case in the opening quarter, the Dragons took advantage, as Haynes broke free for a 67-yard touchdown run.

The Dragons needed just one play to pad their lead in the third quarter, as Gibson scored his fourth touchdown of the game on a 55-yard run on the first play from scrimmage in the third quarter.

Junction City's final touchdown came via their defense, as Ethan Holmes recovered a fumble and scored with Jack Smith's extra point making the final margin.

The turnover was the fourth of the game for the Eagles.

Hutcheson had another efficient game for the Dragons, going 4-of-6 passing for 67 yards with a touchdown and an interception.

Haynes finished with 67 yards rushing and 54 yards receiving on three catches with two total touchdowns in the game.

Overall, Junction City finished with 326 yards of total offense with 252 of those yards coming on the ground.

The Eagles had 259 yards of total offense.

http://www.eldoradonews.com/news/2018/nov/23/junction-city-knocks-des-arc/

bleudog

November 24, 2018, 07:08:34 pm #153 Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:10:35 pm by bleudog
Dem Dragons be smokin' up da Dragon's Lair.

CLICK HERE

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Not that it matters now, but looks to me like our player was down before the ball came out.

amehr36

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2018, 09:06:37 pm
Not that it matters now, but looks to me like our player was down before the ball came out.

You have made me become an "if junction isn't involved I'll pull for des arc" fan. Kudos to you.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: amehr36 on November 24, 2018, 10:15:12 pm
You have made me become an "if junction isn't involved I'll pull for des arc" fan. Kudos to you.

Thanks, we need all the support we can get. I did sit on the j.c. side at the 14 title game.

That was a helmet to helmet hit, I still havent heard how the young man is, but I heard it may have cracked his helmet.

amehr36

Dang. JC do like to hit. Hope he comes out ok.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: amehr36 on November 24, 2018, 10:28:13 pm
Dang. JC do like to hit. Hope he comes out ok.

Just saw where he has a concussion, will be ok. Thanks 36.

bleudog

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2018, 10:34:12 pm
Just saw where he has a concussion, will be ok. Thanks 36.
Good news thanks Pick.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 25, 2018, 10:02:43 am
Good news thanks Pick.....

Yes it is. Hes gonna be a part of our 2A state baseball title run this year.

bleudog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 25, 2018, 10:04:48 am
Yes it is. Hes gonna be a part of our 2A state baseball title run this year.

Hey Pick, the AAA brought JC back to 2A in baseball too, just sayin'.  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on November 25, 2018, 10:12:17 am
Hey Pick, the AAA brought JC back to 2A in baseball too, just sayin'.  ;D

Not worried about that the least little bit.

couch-coach06

2a is gona be loaded in baseball this year.. J.c., DA , isn't Woodlawn back?, Dierks and many more

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 25, 2018, 01:13:04 pm
2a is gona be loaded in baseball this year.. J.c., DA , isn't Woodlawn back?, Dierks and many more

Gonna be gooood one. Lol

bleudog

Woodlawn is playing six-man baseball.   ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Lions84

Wildcatalumni21

Hector should be pretty solid this year also!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas