• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concord at MVE 11/16

Started by Flobbito, November 16, 2018, 09:47:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Who ya got?

MVE boys are coming in with a 4 game winning streak including a win at previously unbeaten Wonderview but Concord boys are a solid, well coached team with a similar record.

MVE girls are on a two game skid dropping one away at WV and at home against Rural Special. Tonight's game won't be any easier, Concord girls comes in at 7-1 and unbeaten in conference.

Predictions
Sr. Boys MVE 61 - Concord 54
Sr. Girls MVE 58 - Concord 55

Weiser

Both Sr. Games should be very good. Also a great test for both MVE Teams, can the Boys keep it going, and can the Girls make a comeback.  Look forward to the hearing scores and details.

riccoar

I'm saying MVE sweeps the night. 

Weiser

What do you think the scores will be?

riccoar

Quote from: Weiser on November 16, 2018, 10:03:30 am
What do you think the scores will be?
I think Girls MVE by 3-5 points.

Boys MVE by 7 or more.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

People must not be paying attention! Concord girls are rolling beating people by 50 and not your favorite cupcakes at that. I got concord by 10 on the road tonight to make believers out of people. Boys won't be close.

Weiser

Looks like there's going to be a ball game tonight!!!

Bears_94

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 16, 2018, 01:36:09 pm
People must not be paying attention! Concord girls are rolling beating people by 50 and not your favorite cupcakes at that. I got concord by 10 on the road tonight to make believers out of people. Boys won't be close.
Isn't every girls team in 1 A beating some team by 50? I still think your top teams  are Jasper, Alpena, Viola , Rural , MVE, Wonderview and Norfork. All of those teams have had impressive wins. We will see how good Concord is the next four weeks.

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Well, 14-11 and the end of one. Looks like my math was off. We may win this one by 12 or more!

Weiser

Quote from: Mr. Pappagiorgio on November 16, 2018, 06:18:53 pm
Well, 14-11 and the end of one. Looks like my math was off. We may win this one by 12 or more!

How did the game end for the girls and boys?

Mr. Pappagiorgio

I believe concord lost 52-50, I was so distraught I had to get out of there.

J.D.

Quote from: Weiser on November 16, 2018, 09:03:09 pm
How did the game end for the girls and boys?

Sr.Girls

MVE - 52
Concord - 50

Sr.Boys

MVE - 47
Concord - 52

arstatechamp13

Girls game was really good. This conference is ridiculous. A large portion of the talent in 1A came from this region but had the conferences separated pretty evenly. Concord, Westside, Rural on one side, MVE and Wonderview on the other (and let's not forget Nemo) and then they merged them all in the same conference. There will be a state contender not make it out of the district tournament. Pretty crappy. 5 arguably top ten teams in the same conference.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 16, 2018, 09:50:42 pm
Girls game was really good. This conference is ridiculous. A large portion of the talent in 1A came from this region but had the conferences separated pretty evenly. Concord, Westside, Rural on one side, MVE and Wonderview on the other (and let's not forget Nemo) and then they merged them all in the same conference. There will be a state contender not make it out of the district tournament. Pretty crappy. 5 arguably top ten teams in the same conference.
I agree completely with this. It made the toughest region become the toughest conference in all of Class A. We have already seen some dog fights so far, and can expect to see many more. Every game is so vital when seeding comes into the equation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas