• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A in 2019

Started by beach bum, November 15, 2018, 12:54:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 15, 2018, 12:54:17 pm Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:03:11 pm by beach bum
I know Shiloh is still playing, but I don't feel like potentially waiting another 3 weeks to start this topic cause Shiloh might be playing that much longer.... GO SAINTS  ;D

With the other 4 playoff teams already bounced what do all of you have coming down the pipe for next year?

I can't believe I am saying this, but I can't see this conference being much stronger, if anything I think this league will be a little worse next year and very similar in the standings. Again, you 1-4A guys will know more than me about your own programs for next year

Favorite: Shiloh- they were way ahead of what anyone else had to offer this year in the conference, can Pea Ridge close the gap? I think the Blackhawks can get closer but still going with Shiloh

the only potential challenger?: Pea Ridge- the Blackhawks need to take advantage of their last year in 4A, we all know the depth in 5A gets so much better. There are good teams in 4A who can hang in 5A easily, but 5A just has solid teams down to about its 6 seed usually who can bite you if you show up sluggish on the wrong night where the underdog is hot. We usually don't ever see that in 4A where its the top 3 or 4 and then the floor just falls out in the rest of the league where you pretty much win by just showing up

middle of the road: Prairie Grove, Lincoln- I think PG will be right about where they were this year. I don't think they'll be much worse or much better. For Lincoln, I know they lose their stud QB, but the pieces and a stable & solid staff in place seems to be helping. The kids are playing hard for the staff in Lincoln and bought in. You can't put a value on that.

battling for the 5 seed: Gentry, Berryville, Gravette, Green Forest- For the 5 spot I think Gentry still has the leg up. They just usually have the athletes in the skill position to put up enough offense against the rest of the bottom half. I can't expect Gravette to be as bad as they were this year again. I hope for their sake they improve enough to be in serious consideration for the 4 or 5 spot again. I have always liked their program. Berryville seems to be its usual Berryville self fighting an uphill battle. I hope for Green Forest's sake their good 9th grade group helps them be more competitive. I don't think they can get a playoff spot, but to see them improved enough to possibly win a game or two in conference would be good improvement for them.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2018, 12:54:17 pm
I know Shiloh is still playing, but I don't feel like potentially waiting another 3 weeks to start this topic cause Shiloh might be playing that much longer.... GO SAINTS  ;D

With the other 4 playoff teams already bounced what do all of you have coming down the pipe for next year?

I can't believe I am saying this, but I can't see this conference being much stronger, if anything I think this league will be a little worse next year and very similar in the standings. Again, you 1-4A guys will know more than me about your own programs for next year

Favorite: Shiloh- they were way ahead of what anyone else had to offer this year in the conference, can Pea Ridge close the gap? I think the Blackhawks can get closer but still going with Shiloh

the only potential challenger?: Pea Ridge- the Blackhawks need to take advantage of their last year in 4A, we all know the depth in 5A gets so much better. There are good teams in 4A who can hang in 5A easily, but 5A just has solid teams down to about its 6 seed usually who can bite you if you show up sluggish on the wrong night where the underdog is hot. We usually don't ever see that in 4A where its the top 3 or 4 and then the floor just falls out in the rest of the league where you pretty much win by just showing up

middle of the road: Prairie Grove, Lincoln- I think PG will be right about where they were this year. I don't think they'll be much worse or much better. For Lincoln, I know they lose their stud QB, but the pieces and a stable & solid staff in place seems to be helping. The kids are playing hard for the staff in Lincoln and bought in. You can't put a value on that.

battling for the 5 seed: Gentry, Berryville, Gravette, Green Forest- For the 5 spot I think Gentry still has the leg up. They just usually have the athletes in the skill position to put up enough offense against the rest of the bottom half. I can't expect Gravette to be as bad as they were this year again. I hope for their sake they improve enough to be in serious consideration for the 4 or 5 spot again. I have always liked their program. Berryville seems to be its usual Berryville self fighting an uphill battle. I hope for Green Forest's sake their good 9th grade group helps them be more competitive. I don't think they can get a playoff spot, but to see them improved enough to possibly win a game or two in conference would be good improvement for them.

Very good review.  I think Pea Ridge might wind up winning the conference. Just need a hot start, accompanied by, a flat game or two from Shiloh.

$aintMaximu$

November 15, 2018, 01:19:55 pm #2 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:22:56 pm by $aintMaximu$
Shiloh will be improved.  The "next" really good team has been the current 11th grade class.  They had several kids quit and not play this year but most are pretty excited and coming back for their senior year.  Shiloh won the Junior high conference and I think that group will contribute to some key positions.

I'd go-

1.  Shiloh
2.  Pea Ridge
3.  PG
4.  Lincoln
5.  Gentry
6.  Berryville
7.  Gravette
8.  Green Forest

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 15, 2018, 01:19:55 pm
Shiloh will be improved.  The "next" really good team has been the current 11th grade class.  They had several kids quit and not play this year but most are pretty excited and coming back for their senior year.  Shiloh won the Junior high conference and I think that group will contribute to some key positions.

This could be the beginning of Shiloh stringing together 50-55 wins in the next half decade or so then... I went for a run in Springdale the other day while the Saints were practicing and I was shocked by the roster numbers Shiloh had when I saw them out there. Are the 9th graders practicing with the HS team right now cause I did not get a count or anything, but there were a lot of kids out there. I know private schools can be so hit or miss with numbers, but I saw some serious depth out there.

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 01:06:45 pm
Very good review.  I think Pea Ridge might wind up winning the conference. Just need a hot start, accompanied by, a flat game or two from Shiloh.

Pea Ridge will certainly be better. I can't see anyone else at all in the picture, cause PG and Lincoln won't be improving that much to close the gap. Not saying they will be bad teams, but just so much gap there to Shiloh right now.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2018, 01:25:01 pm

Pea Ridge will certainly be better. I can't see anyone else at all in the picture, cause PG and Lincoln won't be improving that much to close the gap. Not saying they will be bad teams, but just so much gap there to Shiloh right now.

Makes sense. Winning attracts more participants.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2018, 01:23:31 pm

This could be the beginning of Shiloh stringing together 50-55 wins in the next half decade or so then... I went for a run in Springdale the other day while the Saints were practicing and I was shocked by the roster numbers Shiloh had when I saw them out there. Are the 9th graders practicing with the HS team right now cause I did not get a count or anything, but there were a lot of kids out there. I know private schools can be so hit or miss with numbers, but I saw some serious depth out there.

Yeah the 9th grade has joined them...  This was a good football year all the way across... Shiloh won 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, Junior High and High School conference.  Outside of high school I think the margin of victory was the greatest with the 7th grade group.  I really like the JH QB. 

we_hate_the_band

beach bum

November 15, 2018, 01:32:32 pm #8 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:34:30 pm by beach bum
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 15, 2018, 01:26:32 pm
Yeah the 9th grade has joined them...  This was a good football year all the way across... Shiloh won 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, Junior High and High School conference.  Outside of high school I think the margin of victory was the greatest with the 7th grade group.  I really like the JH QB.

People really have to give the kids and coaching staff a lot of credit. This is not the Shiloh of old with all the arrogance and coaching staffs that seemed so full of themselves when let's be real they were plucking kids from the area(not saying there is a problem at all with that, just the coaches of old were so out of touch with that)..... This staff seems very low key which is great in the high school game and what I prefer to see. College and pro is one thing where every big time coach is followed 24/7 and there is no such thing as even having the chance to be low key. The AAA transfer rule change honestly hurt these private schools and there was an adjustment period for them all. So you know these coaches are doing a great job there with new landscape, and the kids/parents deserve a lot of credit for bringing a lot of excitement back to the program because its all them this time around. It seemed to take that adjustment, but it appears to be rolling again.

$aintMaximu$

Hog Lefty

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2018, 01:32:32 pm
People really have to give the kids and coaching staff a lot of credit. This is not the Shiloh of old with all the arrogance and coaching staffs that seemed so full of themselves when let's be real they were plucking kids from the area(not saying there is a problem at all with that, just the coaches of old were so out of touch with that)..... This staff seems very low key which is great in the high school game and what I prefer to see. College and pro is one thing where every big time coach is followed 24/7 and there is no such thing as even having the chance to be low key. The AAA transfer rule change honestly hurt these private schools and there was an adjustment period for them all. So you know these coaches are doing a great job there with new landscape, and the kids/parents deserve a lot of credit for bringing a lot of excitement back to the program because its all them this time around. It seemed to take that adjustment, but it appears to be rolling again.

I agree, Shiloh should be very good again next year and the following years.  Defense will take the biggest hit, losing some senior leadership  but will have 5 or 6 returning starters.  The offense will lose a couple of O-Line starters and a couple of skill position starters but they could possibly be even better than they are this year.  The rest of the conference will need to step it up to keep up or they will mercy rule the conference again next year.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hog Lefty on November 15, 2018, 01:53:05 pm
I agree, Shiloh should be very good again next year and the following years.  Defense will take the biggest hit, losing some senior leadership  but will have 5 or 6 returning starters.  The offense will lose a couple of O-Line starters and a couple of skill position starters but they could possibly be even better than they are this year.  The rest of the conference will need to step it up to keep up or they will mercy rule the conference again next year.

The defense and line play this season have been excellent... Not something we see very often from Shiloh!

Stealthfan

1.  Shiloh
2.  Pea Ridge
3.  PG
4.  Lincoln
5.  Gentry
6.  Berryville
7.  Green Forest
8.  Gravette

Agree with everything else posted so far.  I think Gravette is in a very deep hole for a few seasons.  It'll be interesting to see if this current Green Forest JH bunch can get some good coaching for their HS careers and keep their momentum going. 

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

1. Shiloh-and the $aints go marching in
2. Lincoln-too much program momentum and a winner's spirit
3. Prairie Grove-consistency is key
4. Pea Ridge-exposed as the funniest joke in the 2010's
5. Gentry-have some good rising senior linemen and a smart but limited via injury qb in Atwood
6. Gravette- better than last year but still miss Coach Harrelson and Coach Mobley
7. Green Forest-I hear thatoneguy2 or whatever his name is is going to be their new coach
8. Berryville- waiting for alum and Gentry OC Jordan Parton to come save them

beach bum

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on November 15, 2018, 06:03:10 pm
1. Shiloh-and the $aints go marching in
2. Lincoln-too much program momentum and a winner's spirit
3. Prairie Grove-consistency is key
4. Pea Ridge-exposed as the funniest joke in the 2010's
5. Gentry-have some good rising senior linemen and a smart but limited via injury qb in Atwood
6. Gravette- better than last year but still miss Coach Harrelson and Coach Mobley
7. Green Forest-I hear thatoneguy2 or whatever his name is is going to be their new coach
8. Berryville- waiting for alum and Gentry OC Jordan Parton to come save them

LOL

CoachRH

beach bum

Quote from: CoachRH on November 15, 2018, 08:36:04 pm
And 4A-1 is down!

Well duh.... Thanks for enlightening us with something we all already knew.

CoachRH

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2018, 08:38:25 pm

Well duh.... Thanks for enlightening us with something we all already knew.
BUMP

whippersnapper

Lincoln doesnt lose a big number of seniors in only 9 but they lose a lot of production in key areas for sure. Offensivley losing Lloyd and nearly 2500 yards of total offense 30 TDs at QB and Morphis and around 600 yards receiving with 12 TDs. Losing RB Cam Brown is big for the depth back there but have a junior that should fill in nicely. Lose 1 starter on the o-line and a lineman that rotated on both sides of the ball at the tackle spots.
Defensively they lose the 3 leading tackles in LB Bradley Drain, Christian Crittenden and Hunter Phelan. Morphis at a corner spot as well. Return all 4 starters at Dline.
Number of true returning starters are 7 and 7 on both sides. 4 o linemen, 3 WRs (nearly 800 yards total returning) and junior RB Christian Sellers (400 yards rushing)started at RB in the early part of the year once Brown teaked his knee. He is not a shift guy but he runs with great power and toughness. Defensively return all 4 dlinemen, soph Levi Wright will more then likely get the nod at MLB but the guy next to him will be the question mark in the spring. At one S/OLB spot returns junior Blake Arnold who started since his soph year. At one corner soph Caden Redfern rotated starting all year. Sophs Daytin Davis and Noe Allevenada have rotated at corner throught out the season too. Sellers returns at FS.
Baring no one moves or quits which does happen Lincoln could have 25-28 lettermen returning which is the most we wouldve had so far

Hog Lefty

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 15, 2018, 01:26:32 pm

Shiloh has a tall, Soph QB with a big arm that showing promise.  He could help next year!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hog Lefty on November 16, 2018, 09:58:43 am
Shiloh has a tall, Soph QB with a big arm that showing promise.  He could help next year!

Yeah, I think he played some the last game.  That was the first time I recall seeing him play.  I agree.

CoachRH

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 16, 2018, 10:56:06 am
Yeah, I think he played some the last game.  That was the first time I recall seeing him play.  I agree.
If it's the young man I'm thinking about he also getting some time at linebacker!

$aintMaximu$

November 26, 2018, 04:24:10 pm #22 Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:31:09 pm by $aintMaximu$
At my daughters pre k program...  check out the dad of one of the boys in her class... Not a great pic but the future looks bright  ;D

Can't post the pic....

I'll try this... https://flic.kr/p/2dbB9ie

whippersnapper

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 26, 2018, 04:24:10 pm
At my daughters pre k program...  check out the dad of one of the boys in her class... Not a great pic but the future looks bright  ;D

Can't post the pic....

Man quit posting pics of yourself

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 26, 2018, 08:06:57 pm
Man quit posting pics of yourself

Haha.  Peyton Hillis on the right !! 

whippersnapper

Coulsnt tell who was who in the pic honestly.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 27, 2018, 09:53:07 am
Coulsnt tell who was who in the pic honestly.

He is a couple inches taller than me...  He is still in really good shape!  I am a little bigger but I don't think he hits the gym like he use to... He told me when it's your job it isn't nearly as fun...

RabAlumni

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 26, 2018, 04:24:10 pm

Can't post the pic....

So you live in Conway now and your kid goes to Ms. Carrie's?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 27, 2018, 12:23:13 pm

So you live in Conway now and your kid goes to Ms. Carrie's?

Nope, still live in Chickendale...

WolfFan13

1. Shiloh, Still gonna have a ton of skill and be more than dominant.
2. Lincoln, Little biased but they got enough talent and coaching.
3. Pea Ridge, Gonna be a tough team and very well could take 2nd again next year.
4. PG, Not often you see PG out of the top 3 but I believe they'll fall to 4th again.
5. Gravette, I think they bring it back, still have talent just gotta figure everything out.
6-8. Gentry, Berryville, and GF are all a toss up. 

CoachRH

Quote from: WolfFan13 on November 28, 2018, 02:37:01 pm
3. Pea Ridge, Gonna be a tough team and very well could take 2nd again next year.
4. PG, Not often you see PG out of the top 3 but I believe they'll fall to 4th again.
5. Gravette, I think they bring it back, still have talent just gotta figure everything out.
+1

Saints1845

Quote from: CoachRH on November 16, 2018, 05:43:41 pm
If it's the young man I'm thinking about he also getting some time at linebacker!

They're 2 different kids. Jaden Henry is the Sophomore whose playing QB behind Eli Reece. He also play DB, receiver, and running back. Hunter Manson is the line backer who also plays some QB. Eli should be the starter next year, backed up by Henry. Henry does have a big arm and is very versatile in just about every position he plays. That kid is potential D1 for sure.

CoachRH

Quote from: tmdowell on November 29, 2018, 11:40:27 pm
They're 2 different kids. Jaden Henry is the Sophomore whose playing QB behind Eli Reece. He also play DB, receiver, and running back. Hunter Manson is the line backer who also plays some QB. Eli should be the starter next year, backed up by Henry. Henry does have a big arm and is very versatile in just about every position he plays. That kid is potential D1 for sure.
HM is the linebacker that I was referring to that also is getting a lot of reps at LB!
JH has come a long way this season!  A lot of mistakes but also a lot of learnings and a lot of experience gained on both sides of the ball. The experience he is gaining will possibly get him to D1. I hope he gets there!

prHOG13

Quote from: WolfFan13 on November 28, 2018, 02:37:01 pm
Lincoln with that skill position talent, just going to have to figure out how to replace Loyd.

PR loses some key guys on defense, and two OL, but for the most part are still a pretty young team.

RZback

December 06, 2018, 09:36:39 am #34 Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:49:56 pm by RZback
Been thinking on this since the last playoff team was eliminated.

Shiloh.  Obviously head and shoulders above the others. Good group coming back and a QB that looks to be a good one.
Pea Ridge.  I think the coaching is strong and they work to develop the kids.  They surprised me this year and really had a great chance to move on in the playoff but muffed it. I think they do the same next year.
Prairie Grove. I just don't see them being satisfied with what they did this year and I expect the staff and Coach Abshier to really light a fire under the upcoming group.  Have to rebuild that hard nose defense they have been so good at.
Lincoln.  I'm not sold on their program development. 4-6, 3-7,3-7, 8-3.  One winning year does not make a program, have to prove they can sustain the success without Loyd.  Their junior high teams have only been about 500 so I wonder how they do as HS.
Gentry. The best of the rest.  The bottom just isn't making much progress from year to year.
Berryville. Still struggling to find an identity. Beating up a few week team in non conference is not helping build a conference winner.
Gravette.  Really having a rough time and only GF saved them from being winless.
Green Forest.  Just a long way to go to get that program going.

nuttinbuthogs

Shiloh is the best team in the conference at this point.
Pea Ridge is the only team that might give them a challenge.
Lincoln/Prairie Grove is the 3/4 team in no particular order.  In fact I agree with RZback that PG will step up next year and I worry that Lincoln doesn't have a replacement for QB, Loyd was the engine for the offense the past 3 seasons.  Also this past junior high team struggled the entire season. I'd give PG the nod for 3.
The rest of the conference is pretty much a toss up depending on who can make the most progress in off season.
I think Gravette definitely gets better but how much?
GF seems to be in deep trouble again next seasn.

WolfFan13

You're right, Lloyd was a great QB and our replacement at the moment is Tyler Brewer. I personally think they'll end up putting someone else at the position by mid season at the latest next year. I got to watch him play in practice and he does not seem nearly as good as Lloyd in any category. We'll still have Sellers at RB, and all WR spots filled with talent. Lose our top WR in Morphis, but get back a gonna be junior who is very good.

RZback

Lincoln defense was a bit better this past year than it has been in years and the loss of the linebackers an at least one of your corners is going to be hard to replace.  The teams that will make up the senior high team next season where 5-5, 5-5 and this 9th grade class this season, I'm not sure about their season did they win a game?

WolfFan13

Could be wrong but I think they won 4, maybe only 3. Also the defense takes a huge hit losing 4 all conference players. 2 inside LB's, a strong safety and a corner( Drain, Crittenden, Phelan, and Morphis). We have a good replacement for the Will spot, but as far as I know the Mike spot is still open rn. We should have a corner to fill the loss of morphis, and a safety to fill the loss of Phelan.

whippersnapper

Lloyd and Brewer are 2 different type of QBs. Lloyd being 5'10 200lb and a running bruiser. Brewer being 6'4 180lb is not as ellusive but isn't the slowest QB to play the game either. Heck he was playing WR in place of the Davis injury against Westville. He is More of a true pocket passer in which Harrison has never had. Let alone a QB this tall. Brewer I'm sure will have some growing pains but after him who else do you put back there? Its someone youre pulling from another starting spot I can tell you that. The JH went 2-8 this year btw. The 8th grade group had never won a game till this year. It could be a diamond in the rough due to the size of linemen they have. Just inexperienced. The 9th group has had a lot of kids move or quit the team. Only 8-10 moving up to senior high as well.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 11, 2018, 07:58:27 am
Lloyd and Brewer are 2 different type of QBs. Lloyd being 5'10 200lb and a running bruiser. Brewer being 6'4 180lb is not as ellusive but isn't the slowest QB to play the game either. Heck he was playing WR in place of the Davis injury against Westville. He is More of a true pocket passer in which Harrison has never had. Let alone a QB this tall. Brewer I'm sure will have some growing pains but after him who else do you put back there? Its someone youre pulling from another starting spot I can tell you that. The JH went 2-8 this year btw. The 8th grade group had never won a game till this year. It could be a diamond in the rough due to the size of linemen they have. Just inexperienced. The 9th group has had a lot of kids move or quit the team. Only 8-10 moving up to senior high as well.

This is bad news that JH was 2-8 and is having few kids move up.  I had heard there were some problems but definitely not a good thing.
Also how is Caleb Lloyd not an All Conference player?  He was pretty much the Wolves offense most games.

WolfFan13

He is All-State, he definitely earned it.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: WolfFan13 on December 11, 2018, 12:17:49 pm
He is All-State, he definitely earned it.

I noticed that several schools in the 1-4A had All State kids on the list that were not on the All Conference list.  Is this the everyone gets a trophy mentality where we spread it around, so you cannot be both?

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 11, 2018, 12:25:20 pm
I noticed that several schools in the 1-4A had All State kids on the list that were not on the All Conference list.  Is this the everyone gets a trophy mentality where we spread it around, so you cannot be both?

All Conference and All State selections are pretty much at the discretion of the head coach.  All conference I believe depends on how well the team finishes and the conference coaches vote on all state nominees presented by the head coaches.  If that isn't correct someone please correct me.

whippersnapper

Lincoln list of accolades.
All State- QB Caleb Lloyd
All Conf- QB Caleb Lloyd
WR Sterling Morphis
LB Bradley Drain
LB Christian Crittenden
SS Hunter Phelan
DE Nathan Khilling (junior)
LT Connor Brown (junior)
All Conf Honorable Mention-
RG Kong Lee
TE Levi Wright (soph)
DT Kris Martinez (soph)
LB Blake Arnold (junior)
DE Chance Blankenship

Also want to note that Morphis was 1 point from getting all state after breaking his hand last year.

RZback

Where did they publish the all conference list?  I haven't seen a complete list of names?

whippersnapper

I personally have never seen an all conference list in the paper or in any official form. Usually its just up to the HC to release it.

nuttinbuthogs

There was a list I saw a week or so ago, I think on ff, but at any rate it didn't include Lloyd.  Havent been able to locate it since.

RZback

How much longer til football starts up again? 

WolfFan13

Too long. Always seems like it takes years to start back up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas