• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Maumelle

Started by PA Dad, October 04, 2018, 10:36:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I had high hopes for Maumelle this year.  I thought they would be competitive in the Central.  They started strong but faded in the last couple of weeks.

I know they've had some injuries.  I don't know the current status but I hope they are at full strength.

Can they whip PA?

Maynard G Krebs

Chief_Osceola™

October 05, 2018, 11:28:35 am #2 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:34:21 am by Chief_Osceola™
I'm not sure what our current injury situation is. If our QB plays, I give us a puncher's chance. This current group of seniors has never lost to PA going back to 7th grade. Granted, high school ball is a completely different animal, but I've got to think our guys will have a lot of confidence going in. I don't know, maybe it's just the eternal optimist in me.

Hate to say it this early, but really this is pretty much a must-win game for Maumelle if we want to play in the postseason. A win could give our guys a shot in the arm. Not sure how they'd respond the rest of the way if we lose.

Overdahill

Tell Krebs he better be nice since everyone sits on the same sideline  :D (unless that has changed)

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Overdahill on October 05, 2018, 11:59:58 am
Tell Krebs he better be nice since everyone sits on the same sideline  :D (unless that has changed)
Changed about 3 years ago.

South 45

That situation did make for some...well, lets say interesting football.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on October 04, 2018, 10:36:24 pm
I had high hopes for Maumelle this year.  I thought they would be competitive in the Central.  They started strong but faded in the last couple of weeks.

I know they've had some injuries.  I don't know the current status but I hope they are at full strength.

Can they whip PA?

Are you kidding? Not only can they, I've got money riding on it. I made a 3 bet parlay on it. If Maumelle beats PA, Arkansas beats Alabama and Kavanaugh gets confirmed by a 100-0 vote I win some pretty decent bucks. The way I see it I'm in the money, My Mama didn't raise no dummy.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: JessieP on October 05, 2018, 12:47:24 pm
Are you kidding? Not only can they, I've got money riding on it. I made a 3 bet parlay on it. If Maumelle beats PA, Arkansas beats Alabama and Kavanaugh gets confirmed by a 100-0 vote I win some pretty decent bucks. The way I see it I'm in the money, My Mama didn't raise no dummy.

I mean, the odds of those 3 happening pretty much assure you're betting with house money. What's funny is that you could possibly bet on the last 2 with Vegas. I know Bovada has a line on the Kav confirmation.

Chief_Osceola™

I sure will. He's my next door neighbor! :)

Overdahill

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 05, 2018, 01:20:52 pm
I sure will. He's my next door neighbor! :)

nice! please tell his limo driver "Hi" for me  8)

Maynard G Krebs

My response was concise due to lack of time to properly state my opinion on the outcome of this game, and not intended to seem smug.  I believe that Maumelle has good team but has faltered lately, making them susceptible to PA, who is coming off a strong performance against LRC.

It's a good thing that I won't be sitting next to the home team fans, as I have spent a considerable amount of time in the crawl space of my son's house today repairing a sump pump...not sure if Zest will wash off the musty aroma

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on October 05, 2018, 03:40:23 pm
nice! please tell his limo driver "Hi" for me  8)

Due to the short ride across the river, I've decided not to use the limo tonight.  As you might expect, my driver receives remuneration much greater than union scale.  It's economy night for me😀

Chief_Osceola™

If any of you PA folks are at the game and would like to meet up at halftime feel free to shoot me a PM.

PA Dad

Maumelle leads 14-6 near end of 1st.

Chief_Osceola™

October 05, 2018, 07:36:49 pm #15 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:39:41 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 05, 2018, 04:54:51 pm
Due to the short ride across the river, I've decided not to use the limo tonight.  As you might expect, my driver receives remuneration much greater than union scale.  It's economy night for me😀

Oh wait, I thought he was talking about my next door neighbor, who shares the same surname.

He also happens to have a limo driver. It's kind of a requirement for our neighborhood HOA. I'm sure you can imagine my confusion.

Grond

October 05, 2018, 09:24:50 pm #16 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:29:44 pm by Grond
Did PA win by one touch down? Looks like this game might have been quite entertaining.  :o

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this was a halftime score.

Chief_Osceola™

PA is up 44-27 late in the 3rd. Maumelle just recovered an onside kick.

Chief_Osceola™

44-33 now. Sill in the 3rd.

Overdahill

Never saw so many guys rolling around on the ground over the course of a game in October

woopork

Chief_Osceola™

58-33 PA 4:01 left. We had some momentum then couldn't get a stop on D a couple of times.

Chief_Osceola™

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on October 05, 2018, 09:44:32 pm
Never saw so many guys rolling around on the ground over the course of a game in October

Game lengthened by 40 minutes because of Maumelle players cramping    At least their cheerleaders didn't cramp up

PA Dad

Maumelle has a lot of speed.  Really good running game but the passing game needs work.

They will cause some problems for future opponents.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 05, 2018, 10:13:31 pm
Game lengthened by 40 minutes because of Maumelle players cramping    At least their cheerleaders didn't cramp up

Speaking of, is every girl at PA a cheerleader? Their squad looks to be rolling about 50 deep.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on October 05, 2018, 10:18:39 pm
Maumelle has a lot of speed.  Really good running game but the passing game needs work.

They will cause some problems for future opponents.

Our QB missed the last 2 games, and seemed a little out of sync. A few deep balls were about a yard too long.

PA is really good. That RB is a load and gets downhill well. Passing game was sharp too.

Maynard G Krebs

October 05, 2018, 10:40:56 pm #27 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:53:07 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 05, 2018, 10:20:19 pm
Speaking of, is every girl at PA a cheerleader? Their squad looks to be rolling about 50 deep.

We keep a few in the band😀

Also keep one for a kicker on the football team

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 05, 2018, 10:22:25 pm
Our QB missed the last 2 games, and seemed a little out of sync. A few deep balls were about a yard too long.

PA is really good. That RB is a load and gets downhill well. Passing game was sharp too.

Before tonight the P.A. defense allowed an average of 19 points a game.  I think Maumelle's 39 points shows how good its offense is.

Maynard G Krebs

Maumelle was faster than I expected and also had some size I was unaware of.  I didn't  keep  up with them when they were in the other conference.

Yellowcake

Maumelle has a pretty decent team. I am surprised they lost their first two conference games. Great speed at RB and a good o line.

Chief, wish I had seen this earlier. I would have met up at halftime. Missed opportunity.

Chief_Osceola™

We're now in the unenviable position of needing to win out to maybe get a playoff spot. The loss to WH in the monsoon still stings, but their score tonight was impressive. The Central is tough.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 05, 2018, 11:17:52 pm
We're now in the unenviable position of needing to win out to maybe get a playoff spot. The loss to WH in the monsoon still stings, but their score tonight was impressive. The Central is tough.

I just looked at the schedule and I think you still have a good chance.  White Hall has a tough schedule remaining so you might do it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas