• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden vs Fordyce

Started by Bearden_Bear72, September 16, 2018, 12:45:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearden_Bear72

Bearden I'm guessing would go into this match-up as the under dog.  I think this game is gonna come down to what Bearden team shows up.  Im not giving up on my Bears thou.  Fordyce has a great team but I'm going with the Bears by 6 in a high stakes game being the first conference game for both teams.

HG Hornet

I think the Bears are gonna have to score in the 20s to win this one. 

old.dole

Not enough offense for the bears. 28-14 fordyce

Backwoods Bart

September 16, 2018, 08:27:26 pm #3 Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:29:04 pm by Backwoods Bart
Bears will be ok. They were still adjusting to a another shake up and re-purposing of players from a week ago both on the line & skilled which looked chaotic at times. They said Gurdon had "0" players going both ways.  About 2/3rds of the Bears did. The Bugs roster is thinner than Bearden.  Bearden +7

cuz

🏈BullDawgNation🏈

Lumberjackfan1978

Backwoods Bart

baseball13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 17, 2018, 10:46:29 pm
Ask CHG. How easy!   Lol

Fordyce should have beat HG. So ask HG who the better team is

bear for life

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2018, 07:25:21 am
and we should have beat HG also

bear for life

If Bearden can get the offense rolling we could win but if we let our defense play to long fordyce will pull it off

HG Hornet

Quote from: baseball13 on September 18, 2018, 07:25:21 am
Bearden played very well against us because they were exceptionally fired up to beat their former coach.  They had more of an emotional night than we did, for sure.  The Bears left it all on the field that night.

Against Fordyce, we stalled inside the 5 yard line twice and came away with no points, then our starting QB went out and didn't return for the second half.  The Hornet backup QB found a rhythm and hit some big passes and pulled off a 2 score come-from-behind victory in the last 3 minutes of the game.   

Both Bearden & Fordyce played us a good game, but the Hornets managed to win both contests.  I think the Redbugs have more offensive power, but I would say the Bears' defense is better.

It'll be a hard fought game and I wouldn't expect a blowout.   

🏈BullDawgNation🏈

Hampton will beat both Fordyce and Bearden

baseball13

Hampton may beat both of them but lets worry about them when we get to that game and lets take care of PC this week.

Yogi bear

One thing is for sure with the departure of Hermatige and Woodlawn it should be competitive games every week in the conference.

baseball13

Quote from: Yogi bear on September 18, 2018, 10:54:23 am
One thing is for sure with the departure of Hermatige and Woodlawn it should be competitive games every week in the conference.

I think spots 1-4 are wide open.

highway79

unfortunately the bears have no clue what they want to do offensively which gives the bugs the edge. Bearden will hold their own defensively but eventually the d will wear down later in the ballgame from being on the field a majority of the game. I'll take the bugs 22-6

bleudog

September 19, 2018, 02:28:10 pm #17 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:38:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Yogi bear on September 18, 2018, 10:54:23 am

Hooties sees one competitive game this week.

"FORDYCE (8) at Bearden: Bearden, which committed four turnovers last week, needed a 35-yard double-reverse pass to score its TD in a 10-8 loss to Gurdon. Fordyce, with superior team speed on defense, throttled Class 4A Monticello (41-6) for the second year in a row.

Parkers Chapel at HAMPTON (18): No. 4 Hampton just held Class 4A Star City to less than 200 total yards, led by sophomore Cymeon Mcrae (nine tackles, two TFL), senior DE Desmond Brown (eight tackles, two TFL) and senior corner Ethan Pennington (two INTs). PC gave up 395 rushing yards in a 52-8 loss to Class 3A Mayflower.

JUNCTION CITY (38) at Strong: Junction City went down hard last week at Louisiana small school power Haynesville, 33-0. Strong netted 28 total yards, picked up two first downs (one by penalty) and did not cross the 50-yard line in a 53-0 loss to Class 3A Rison."

But I'm not sure why they list Hampton as their #4 team.  Here's how their list was just above their picks.
  2. Junction City (1-2)
  7. Hampton (1-1)
  8. Fordyce (1-2)
14. Bearden (0-2)
22. Parkers Chapel (1-2)
30. Strong (0-3)

http://www.hootens.com/09-17-2018/class-2a-week-4-rankings-notes--picks/6433.html

old.dole

Chapel Hampton could be competitive. Last years officials didn't officiate the game and was a more competitive than the score showed. Hampton made the big plays when they needed to be made like a 3rd and long pass and a 4th and long pass that both resulted in tds for those drives. New year though. Hampton is healthier than Pc at this point and Pc hasn't looked good so far. Hampton def has the edge in what's been an emotional week for Pc. Pc keeps it close or wins those 1-5 spots could go a lot of different ways. If Hampton wins big you have to look at them as a favorite to win the conference and proves doubters like myself wrong.

baseball13

Quote from: old.dole on September 19, 2018, 03:12:27 pm
Chapel Hampton could be competitive. Last years officials didn’t officiate the game and was a more competitive than the score showed. Hampton made the big plays when they needed to be made like a 3rd and long pass and a 4th and long pass that both resulted in tds for those drives. New year though. Hampton is healthier than Pc at this point and Pc hasn’t looked good so far. Hampton def has the edge in what’s been an emotional week for Pc. Pc keeps it close or wins those 1-5 spots could go a lot of different ways. If Hampton wins big you have to look at them as a favorite to win the conference and proves doubters like myself wrong.

When you say big what do you mean by big?

bleudog

LaLaLand:

Fordyce (AR) 20 
Bearden (AR) 13

Hampton (AR) 35
Parkers Chapel (El Dorado, AR) 0

Junction City (AR) 40
Strong (AR) 17

old.dole

Backwoods Bart

Old Scrapper

baseball13

Quote from: old.dole on September 19, 2018, 05:19:33 pm
28 plus

if I was a betting man I would bet it will be that by halftime

old.dole

I'm not ready to put Hampton on the same playing field with foreman and mayflower just yet. Hampton beat star city by 3 scores. Star city is only picked to beat mont by 1 at home. Fordyce demolished mont. Bearden and Fordyce have both played grove close however Fordyce had the better showing. Had the scrimmage been a real game grove puts it on Hampton pretty good even though I know Hampton had some issues then. Bearden then goes down to a not stellar gurdon team at home. So I know I'm looking way too much into this but I don't see Hampton up 4 scores at half on a little bit healthier Pc squad than they have had all season. This game could tell us a lot or nothing at all. We will find out tomorrow though

bleudog

September 20, 2018, 09:36:44 am #26 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:39:56 am by bleudog
Quote from: old.dole on September 20, 2018, 09:24:36 am
I'm not ready to put Hampton on the same playing field with foreman and mayflower just yet. Hampton beat star city by 3 scores. Star city is only picked to beat mont by 1 at home. Fordyce demolished mont. Bearden and Fordyce have both played grove close however Fordyce had the better showing. Had the scrimmage been a real game grove puts it on Hampton pretty good even though I know Hampton had some issues then. Bearden then goes down to a not stellar gurdon team at home. So I know I'm looking way too much into this but I don't see Hampton up 4 scores at half on a little bit healthier Pc squad than they have had all season. This game could tell us a lot or nothing at all. We will find out tomorrow though

Here's how LaLaLand sees it going into district play.

1   Hampton              0.40
2   Junction City       (2.40)
3   Fordyce              (9.00)
4   Bearden            (21.70)
5   Parkers Chapel  (22.40)
6   Strong              (27.70)

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_league.htm

baseball13

Quote from: bleudog on September 20, 2018, 09:36:44 am
Here's how LaLaLand sees it going into district play.

1   Hampton              0.40
2   Junction City       (2.40)
3   Fordyce              (9.00)
4   Bearden            (21.70)
5   Parkers Chapel  (22.40)
6   Strong              (27.70)

blue I think 1-4 are up for grabs. I have a feeling its going to be a fun year of football in the 8.

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_league.htm

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: baseball13 on September 20, 2018, 08:57:58 am

if I was a betting man I would bet it will be that by halftime

What's the betting line on getting the BullDogs in another
Offical time out  by half time, with a couple choice words to your go getters? Neither ones going to happen! Why you want to hate on the Bears? Take the high road baseball

SOUTHARK99

This is a the game I've been waiting on. I see a lot of guys from Bearden at work and love talking smack. They love their Bears. Its all in fun though. Good Luck Bugs I'll be at this game trolling the Bearden folk.

baseball13

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on September 20, 2018, 03:29:52 pm
What's the betting line on getting the BullDogs in another
Offical time out  by half time, with a couple choice words to your go getters? Neither ones going to happen! Why you want to hate on the Bears? Take the high road baseball

that was in response to old dole on hampton would have to win by 28 or more to get his respect. nothing against the bears. calm down

old.dole

Wound a little tight in Bearden today

baseball13

Yogi bear

SOUTHARK99

Glad I checked the board I'll be that way shortly

Bearden_Bear72

14-8 fordyce.  Stopped due to lighting with around 6 min left in half

Bearden_Bear72

Just heard on radio it is to be continued on Monday.

old.dole

bleudog

Quote from: old.dole on September 21, 2018, 09:54:35 pm
What time Monday?

Page 66 - 2018-2019 AAA Handbook
Rule 7.  GAME-ENDING PROCEDURES FOR CONFERENCE & NON-CONFERENCE FOOTBALL GAMES.
B. Conference Games.
  The following are options for conference game-ending procedures:
1.  Games that are resumed shall be from the point of interruption.  (time, score, down, distance, etc.)
2.  Games may be terminated with the existing score upon agreement of both school's administrative authority.  Conference games may not end in a tie.
3.  All postponed or suspended games will be rescheduled for the immediately following Saturday between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM at a time agreed upon by both school's administration.  If the administration cannot agree on the game time, then the game must start at 7:00 PM on that Saturday.
4.  If a postponed or suspended game cannot be rescheduled for the immediately following Saturday because of inclement weather, the game will be rescheduled for 7:00 PM on the following Monday.

Pigskinfan

6:30 is the announced time for Monday

BlueCrew4U

What's the weather looking like in Bearden tonight?

Pigskinfan

SUGARTOWN

So I hear the Bearden and Cross County will be playing in Stuttgart this Friday as a neutral sight? I hope y'all enjoy the hospitality of the Grand Prairie, welcome to Arkansas county...

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 24, 2018, 02:48:18 pm
So I hear the Bearden and Cross County will be playing in Stuttgart this Friday as a neutral sight? I hope y'all enjoy the hospitality of the Grand Prairie, welcome to Arkansas county...

Definitely looking forward to seeing the Bears on Terf @ Rice Birds field V. CC!

bulldoghistorian

Isn't the radio station 102.3 out of Fordyce?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 24, 2018, 04:03:14 pm
Isn't the radio station 102.3 out of Fordyce?
Bearden is streaming K97 Camden BSN

sickwillie

Can't find the game on the radio or a live stream link. Can someone help me out?

Bearden_Bear72

sickwillie

bulldoghistorian

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas