• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen @ Carlisle

Started by Old Scrapper, September 15, 2018, 06:57:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonofasonofasailor

BisonFan1

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 20, 2018, 12:41:06 pm
Are there any bison faithful with insight on the team this year? Would be nice to hear just a little bit of life for this rivalry game.

I attended the Lonoke game.  Lonoke completely and totally dominated Carlisle; even more so than the 2017 game at Carlisle.  I think we had 50 yards of total offense and that's a generous estimate.  I did not attend the DeWitt game, but from what I heard (and based on the score) Carlisle played MUCH better. 

After the DeWitt game, I thought for sure we would win against Baptist.  I know they are in a larger classification, but they have been absolutely dreadful the last few years.  I was surprised to see that we tied them.  I'm not sure if we regressed from week 2 to week 3 or what.  I did read where we had over 100 yards in penalties, so that didn't help the cause.  With all of that being said...I'm not sure how the rest of the season will play out.  I'm just not sure we have the athletes to compete with most conference opponents, especially in a scheme that relies on having multiple skill players. 

Most people had the Bison finishing 4th in the conference, but I'm not convinced we can beat Clarendon for that spot.  As of now, the only win I would feel comfortable in predicting, would be the Marvell game.  I know Greene has stated that not making the playoffs this year is "unacceptable."  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

hornetfan8

Quote from: cav2012 on September 20, 2018, 06:49:01 pm
Or 04 to break the streak
I'm not old enough to remember that game 🤷🏻‍♂️

MomaLion

Quote from: BisonFan1 on September 20, 2018, 08:41:22 pm
I attended the Lonoke game.  Lonoke completely and totally dominated Carlisle; even more so than the 2017 game at Carlisle.  I think we had 50 yards of total offense and that's a generous estimate.  I did not attend the DeWitt game, but from what I heard (and based on the score) Carlisle played MUCH better. 

After the DeWitt game, I thought for sure we would win against Baptist.  I know they are in a larger classification, but they have been absolutely dreadful the last few years.  I was surprised to see that we tied them.  I'm not sure if we regressed from week 2 to week 3 or what.  I did read where we had over 100 yards in penalties, so that didn't help the cause.  With all of that being said...I'm not sure how the rest of the season will play out.  I'm just not sure we have the athletes to compete with most conference opponents, especially in a scheme that relies on having multiple skill players. 

Most people had the Bison finishing 4th in the conference, but I'm not convinced we can beat Clarendon for that spot.  As of now, the only win I would feel comfortable in predicting, would be the Marvell game.  I know Greene has stated that not making the playoffs this year is "unacceptable."  Guess we'll have to wait and see...
How are y'all on numbers?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: hornetfan8 on September 20, 2018, 10:27:14 pm
I'm not old enough to remember that game 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'm to old I remember when streak started my favorite game and one the better high school games I've ever attended (&I've been to a lot them) was 09 watching the OT s I was so excited it felt like I was back in school   

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 20, 2018, 08:04:16 am

I haven't seen their jr high, so I have no idea on that. I figure the jr game will be better than the sr game though.

Heard Hazen won the jr. game 40 something to 6 so if your prediction is true, tonight will be ugly.

i40traveler

Hazen's coach tweeted out 44-6

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 21, 2018, 08:43:43 am
Heard Hazen won the jr. game 40 something to 6 so if your prediction is true, tonight will be ugly.

yea that's what I heard,

CaptainSwarm25

Looks like the rain will have an effect on the game. Hate that considering the speed of our backs.

RabAlumni

Hazen by 26... Carlisle hasn't been good for years just like their neighbor who typically wins 2-3 games a season and 1 of those being against Carlisle yearly.

Hazen probably hasn't been this good since the Jacob Adams/Greg Thompson days!

CaptainSwarm25

September 21, 2018, 10:37:17 am #60 Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:42:47 am by CaptainSwarm25
Wrong. This team may last a half with the 14' team. But that's not important. Hope the rain holds off for this butt whooping;)

RabAlumni

I forget about 2014.... My Apologies! I know last year they won 9 games as well so they have a good few classes coming through. Congrats to the Hornets, doesn't change the fact about Carlisle though right?  ;D

CaptainSwarm25

It's all good! Doesn't change a thing about it lol. With the Jr. High stomping em 44-6 I hope this trend continues. Maybe Hootens will actually pay attention instead of going off of the overall matchup record.

BisonFan1

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 10:34:12 am
  Hazen by 26... Carlisle hasn't been good for years just like their neighbor who typically wins 2-3 games a season and 1 of those being against Carlisle yearly.

[/quo
Hazen has averaged 8 to 9 over the last 10 years with exception of 2016 and they still managed to  make playoffs that year not sure how closely u follow 2A football also Carlisle had a heck of team in 2013 the played junction city as close as anyone that year so they r not that far removed

RabAlumni

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 21, 2018, 11:27:23 am

[/quo
Hazen has averaged 8 to 9 over the last 10 years with exception of 2016 and they still managed to  make playoffs that year not sure how closely u follow 2A football also Carlisle had a heck of team in 2013 the played junction city as close as anyone that year so they r not that far removed

7 is not averaging 8 to 9... Hazen has had some quality teams. I am overly not that familiar with 2A football as a whole, but I am from that area and know a lot about the surrounding teams.  You are referencing one good season six seasons ago for Carlisle? They are absolutely far removed from anything remotely close to what the Bison Faithful are used too I can promise you that. Judging by from what I have seen so far this year and the classes to come they aren't going to be back by 2020 either!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 12:31:50 pm

7 is not averaging 8 to 9... Hazen has had some quality teams. I am overly not that familiar with 2A football as a whole, but I am from that area and know a lot about the surrounding teams.  You are referencing one good season six seasons ago for Carlisle? They are absolutely far removed from anything remotely close to what the Bison Faithful are used too I can promise you that. Judging by from what I have seen so far this year and the classes to come they aren't going to be back by 2020 either!

I hope Carlisle never wins another game so I'm not arguing for them I'm saying that u said 2-3 games and if it's 7 (I think 8 or more if u take out 2016) u r wrong I don't time to look up each season 3 is less than half of 7 did u graduate from the school in this area and did they have a math department

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 21, 2018, 12:48:11 pm
I hope Carlisle never wins another game so I'm not arguing for them I'm saying that u said 2-3 games and if it's 7 (I think 8 or more if u take out 2016) u r wrong I don't time to look up each season 3 is less than half of 7 did u graduate from the school in this area and did they have a math department
all silly arguments are to report to any Clarendon threads that are active!

RabAlumni

My High School Diploma and my College Degree say I passed Math, but who know's with all the fake news these days!  Back to the relevancy of this post though, you stated Hazen averaged 8-9 wins per season X number of years, i contradicted your statement by stating 7 (the average of what is truly there because we can't omit seasons now can we) is the true average which again I pointed out as Hazen having quality teams. I can remember back in the old days where winning 5-6 at Hazen was an accomplishment and usually that win did not come against Carlisle. I did not graduate from Carlisle, my screen name should be self-sufficient as to where I went to High School. I too could care less if Carlisle won another game personally, but again you mentioned in your post that in 2013 they had one heck of a team. If you prefer not to be contradicted to your inaccuracies perhaps you should leave the posting to other people?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 01:03:35 pm
My High School Diploma and my College Degree say I passed Math, but who know's with all the fake news these days!  Back to the relevancy of this post though, you stated Hazen averaged 8-9 wins per season X number of years, i contradicted your statement by stating 7 (the average of what is truly there because we can't omit seasons now can we) is the true average which again I pointed out as Hazen having quality teams. I can remember back in the old days where winning 5-6 at Hazen was an accomplishment and usually that win did not come against Carlisle. I did not graduate from Carlisle, my screen name should be self-sufficient as to where I went to High School. I too could care less if Carlisle won another game personally, but again you mentioned in your post that in 2013 they had one heck of a team. If you prefer not to be contradicted to your inaccuracies perhaps you should leave the posting to other people?
Not sure which school is Rab and I will post as I please I am open to a math off at anytime I was trying to give Carlisle the respect they've earned over the years and 2-3 is no where near 7 as far as inaccuracies r concerned I earned my right to post on 6AA on the field

Old Scrapper

It's a rivalry now, in the last 8 games between these 2 schools, both have 4 wins apiece.  But from 90's thru the 04' season Hazen was just Carlisle's punching bag. In my opinion you can't be a rivalry unless you win at least once every 3 to 5 years.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 21, 2018, 01:14:38 pm
Not sure which school is Rab and I will post as I please I am open to a math off at anytime I was trying to give Carlisle the respect they've earned over the years and 2-3 is no where near 7 as far as inaccuracies r concerned I earned my right to post on 6AA on the field
my guess Lonoke.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 21, 2018, 01:23:57 pm
my guess Lonoke.
U r probably right I didn't think about jackrabbits

RabAlumni

RabAlumni

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 21, 2018, 01:22:06 pm
It's a rivalry now, in the last 8 games between these 2 schools, both have 4 wins apiece.  But from 90's thru the 04' season Hazen was just Carlisle's punching bag. In my opinion you can't be a rivalry unless you win at least once every 3 to 5 years.

Which my time was '99-'01 so maybe I am just out of the loop over in the prairie now according to Hasbeen!

Hasbeen92

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 01:31:05 pm

Which my time was '99-'01 so maybe I am just out of the loop over in the prairie now according to Hasbeen!
It's always been a rivalry just like lonoke and Carlisle even though y'all have owned the series my intention was to discredit ur statement that hazen has 2-3 wins a year

RabAlumni

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 21, 2018, 01:41:49 pm
It's always been a rivalry just like lonoke and Carlisle even though y'all have owned the series my intention was to discredit ur statement that hazen has 2-3 wins a year

Ah, I see where you mis-read that now. The Neighbor I was actually referring too is Lonoke (2-3 wins a season recently, Carlisle being 1 of those wins per year). 

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 21, 2018, 01:44:50 pm

Ah, I see where you mis-read that now. The Neighbor I was actually referring too is Lonoke (2-3 wins a season recently, Carlisle being 1 of those wins per year). 
No harm no foul I have always respected Lonoke (I used to play basketball with Charles Bryant ,great lononke athlete, on Sunday s at the old gym in gym on Highway 70) the way I read it was hazen was the neighbor

Hasbeen92

Closings in on game time maybe rain will hold off pray for no injuries especially on wet field go hornets hope special at Carol s kitchen is fresh bison burger tomorrow lol

FoxandHound34

Well i see all the pep talking Randy Rainwater and the gang on Drivetime was doing for Carlisle didn't help them any. RR said it may go to overtime or a one score game, please man this was over before it started

Ventman

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 21, 2018, 09:34:40 pm
Well i see all the pep talking Randy Rainwater and the gang on Drivetime was doing for Carlisle didn't help them any. RR said it may go to overtime or a one score game, please man this was over before it started
I totally agree. The talent is just down in Carlisle at this time. I hope they can rebound soon.

CaptainSwarm25

Hootens along with The Buzz are clueless!!! A blind man could tell this was gonna be a blowout. 7 point win? Our Jr. High team could've beat this bison squad by double that. ROLL SWARM

Old Scrapper

Come on now, You know Hazens  Jr team wouldnt beat the Bison  Sr team.

who-knew

Randy and Chuck still not showing Hazen any Love after beating a team by 46 points, saying they have struggled on Offense....Come on Man!!!!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 21, 2018, 09:34:40 pm
Rainwater used to do the AM radio broadcast for Carlisle back when I played at hazen
That may explain his bi-est opinion that was one of his first radio jobs I remember Tommy Smith used to rag him about his broadcast "I've got 2 words for you Carlisle wins again" double RR

RabAlumni

Embarrassing loss for the Bison. One simply doesn't lose to your biggest rival by 46 points and make something of the rest of your season. I really don't understand where it has all gone wrong for them. As for Hazen, I believe they could beat a 4A team that lives close by?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 22, 2018, 02:35:13 am
Embarrassing loss for the Bison. One simply doesn't lose to your biggest rival by 46 points and make something of the rest of your season. I really don't understand where it has all gone wrong for them. As for Hazen, I believe they could beat a 4A team that lives close by?

Just looked at their schedule and they will probably get the same treatment this week at DA.  Might get a forfeit at Marvel and could sneak in a win somewhere among Marianna, Brinkley and Cloudy.  Close with Earle so most likely a 2-3 win season.

Trojanbird

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 22, 2018, 02:35:13 am
West or South?

cav2012

oh you mean a team that didn't even make the playoffs?

FoxandHound34

Have to excuse him cav, he can't help it he graduated from Lonoke

BisonFan1

I was not surprised in the least with the outcome of this game.  Hazen, talent wise, is head and shoulders above Carlisle right now.  But, I must say, I have been somewhat disappointed with the Bison's performance.  While I didn't think they would be world beaters year, I did think they would be a little more competitive.  At this point, they very well may not make the playoffs.  They'll beat Marvell, but that may be it.

RabAlumni

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 22, 2018, 01:25:05 pm
Have to excuse him cav, he can't help it he graduated from Lonoke

Yea, it's a total shame my parents loved me enough to make sure I had an adequate education compared to "most" the school systems around me.   ;D

Hasbeen92

Quote from: RabAlumni on September 24, 2018, 10:52:04 am

Yea, it's a total shame my parents loved me enough to make sure I had an adequate education compared to "most" the school systems around me.   ;D
Lonoke is on par with the rest of the schools of higher learning in the surrounding area

i40traveler

I heard Carlisle may be in the process of switching to a wing t.  Anyone else hearing this? 

RabAlumni

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 26, 2018, 08:27:57 pm
Lonoke is on par with the rest of the schools of higher learning in the surrounding area

Probably today, yes.   However, from 1989-2001.  No!

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: i40traveler on September 27, 2018, 09:01:45 am
I heard Carlisle may be in the process of switching to a wing t.  Anyone else hearing this?

Averaging 8 ppg probably has the coaches looking for a change.  Kids have been running a ground and pound in the past so shouldn't be that big an adjustment.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 27, 2018, 09:54:25 am
Averaging 8 ppg probably has the coaches looking for a change.  Kids have been running a ground and pound in the past so shouldn't be that big an adjustment.
Worked pretty good for Frank at Barton wing T master (power toss & counter with 31 tackle trap)

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 27, 2018, 05:21:51 pm
Worked pretty good for Frank at Barton wing T master (power toss & counter with 31 tackle trap)

It, or some variation, has worked at a lot of places, Carlisle included.  The new coaching staff went spread this year and can't be happy with the results.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 27, 2018, 06:14:11 pm
It, or some variation, has worked at a lot of places, Carlisle included.  The new coaching staff went spread this year and can't be happy with the results.
Barton made it fomous even before they won 63 in row McClellan averaged 10-11 wins a year for 30 something years never to be matched and everyone that ran wing T with perfection  modeled it after him

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas