• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 3

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, September 11, 2018, 03:13:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Last week, we saw a tropical storm roll through and affect quite a few games. A lot went as expected, but don't forget those that didn't.
Pocahontas @ Southside: The Redskins easily defeated Paragould last week without the starting QB playing the whole game. Southside is coming off a bye week after smoking Cave City. The QB questions could actually work to Redskins advantage, as long as Southside doesn't know who to watch for. This is Hootens 4A Game of the Week, and should shape up to expectations.
Redskins- 27 Southside- 24
Osceola @ Rivercrest: Hootens 3A Game of the Week is this Miss. Co. matchup. What used to be a conference game is now across conferences, but still is a great series. The Colts have won 8 in a row in the series, but I think Osceola can bring it and come out on top.
Seminoles- 30 Colts- 23
Paragould @ Trumann: Both teams are in search for the elusive first win. Paragould's special teams has been the majority of their team this year. Trumann competed against Shiloh Christian for about a quarter and a half last week before being shut down in the 2nd half.
Rams- 34 Wildcats- 22
Melbourne @ Cave City: I feel sorry for Cave City at this point... Melbourne rolls.
Bearkatz- 48 Cavemen- 10

bigchief72455

Pocahontas 35.  Batesville SS 21
Rivercrest 28  Osceola 14
Paragould  28  Trumann 7
Melbourne 43  Cave City 0

Coltfan2005

Maybe you Pokey guy should get together, so you won't both be posting on the same topic. Seems like I heard Pokey's starting QB got hit last week or was sick. Now it's said he never played a down?

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 11, 2018, 06:50:15 pm
Maybe you Pokey guy should get together, so you won't both be posting on the same topic. Seems like I heard Pokey's starting QB got hit last week or was sick. Now it's said he never played a down?
I think he was stating that he didn't play the full game

Coltfan2005

oh, I get it now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pokey too confident after beating a bad Ram team...Batesville SS
Rivercrest plays defense, something Osceola hasn't seen this year...Rivercrest
The rest are too boring

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 11, 2018, 09:20:43 pm

The rest are too boring
Pokey can win just have to get the run game going and get #3 the ball in open space

bigchief72455

Paragould was not that great for sure. I mean 87 total yards of offense. Geez

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 11, 2018, 09:20:43 pm

The rest are too boring
That's funny rivercrest plays defense? I 1-9 team from last year scored 25 points and one guy by himself had almost 300 rushing yards and you call that defense? Lol that's funny. Crest havnr seen a balanced attack yet but will Friday lol

Ghs21

Osceola wins by two touchdowns. Yawl have to much confidence after beating paragould

501Arkansas

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 12, 2018, 06:25:04 am
Osceola wins by two touchdowns. Yawl have to much confidence after beating paragould
Right PARAGOULD

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 12, 2018, 12:38:48 am
That's funny rivercrest plays defense? I 1-9 team from last year scored 25 points and one guy by himself had almost 300 rushing yards and you call that defense? Lol that's funny. Crest havnr seen a balanced attack yet but will Friday lol
Since you bringing up last season that same 1-9 team beat Blytheville who beat Osceola but lost to Crest big (Paragould). In turn that same no defense team called RiverCrest according to 501 Ark shut Osc  #1 player down holding him to 35 total yards and ZERO touchdowns and beat the Noles who lost to JC who put up 44pts on them them.  Jc turns around and only score 14 points to the no defense 2017 3A state champions RivverCrest. Not bad for a defenseless team. lol  ;D ;D So the above comments about Crest were made by fans of two teams who are waiting to exhale lol Crest has beaten Osc 8 straight years and have defeated Gosnell the last two years, so guess it's ok to feel that way since Crest is the only team in this county that isn't that good but some how have been to two state title games in the last 3 years. Maybe this year will be Gosnell or Osceola year who knows...lol  ;D ;D ;D 8) Oh 501 good luck with that qb scrambling, stop and jump balls patterns balance attack offense..lol You guys or hilarious and envy  Crest. To beat them this season will make yall feel like you've won the superbowl. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ISU7

Quote from: Redskin2015 on September 11, 2018, 09:28:27 pm
Pokey can win just have to get the run game going and get #3 the ball in open space
Yes sir Adams need too touch the ball occasionally 8)

Ghs21

There in 4A now now 3A . They won't be winning any titles there. If gosnell was in the 3 A any in the past 5 years I bet they'd have a few titles

OB11

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 12, 2018, 08:08:57 am
There in 4A now now 3A . They won't be winning any titles there. If gosnell was in the 3 A any in the past 5 years I bet they'd have a few titles

Gosnell started 0-3 against teams from the 3-3A last year...they would have finished no better than 4th in that conference. Thinking they would have a "few" titles if they were in 3A is crazy.

Ghs21

Quote from: OB11 on September 12, 2018, 08:56:24 am
Gosnell started 0-3 against teams from the 3-3A last year...they would have finished no better than 4th in that conference. Thinking they would have a "few" titles if they were in 3A is crazy.
ywah when your missing 90 percent of your offense that's gonna happen.... if gosnell would have played them later in the year they would have won. Your crazy if you think they'd be a 4th seed.. in that conference. They played head to head with what I believe is the 2nd best team in the state in 4A last year on the road in Robinson

Ghs21

In 2015 rivercrest made it to state and gosnell killed them that year in rivercrest

OB11

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 12, 2018, 10:03:15 am
ywah when your missing 90 percent of your offense that's gonna happen.... if gosnell would have played them later in the year they would have won. Your crazy if you think they'd be a 4th seed.. in that conference. They played head to head with what I believe is the 2nd best team in the state in 4A last year on the road in Robinson

I have a very healthy respect for Gosnell, but just going off of record...they would have been the 4 seed in that conference last year. And I completely understand that those games were early and there might have been guys missing. But the games were played on the field and 3 teams from a supposedly weak 3A won.

No doubt they played Robinson tough. Gosnell seems to get stronger as the year goes on, which will make the matchups with Pokey and Rivercrest fun to watch! Should be some great games. Gosnell and Rivercrest had some battles back in the day. Shouldn't be any different now that they are conference foes once again. Gosnell has proven year in and year out that they can compete with the best of them in the 4A.

Ghs21

Quote from: OB11 on September 12, 2018, 10:08:40 am
I have a very healthy respect for Gosnell, but just going off of record...they would have been the 4 seed in that conference last year. And I completely understand that those games were early and there might have been guys missing. But the games were played on the field and 3 teams from a supposedly weak 3A won.

No doubt they played Robinson tough. Gosnell seems to get stronger as the year goes on, which will make the matchups with Pokey and Rivercrest fun to watch! Should be some great games. Gosnell and Rivercrest had some battles back in the day. Shouldn't be any different now that they are conference foes once again. Gosnell has proven year in and year out that they can compete with the best of them in the 4A.
yes I'm excited to watch gosnell and crest play this year

The Ref

Pocahontas 13  Batesville SS 28
Rivercrest 27  Osceola 16
Paragould  21  Trumann 15
Melbourne 40  Cave City 6

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on September 12, 2018, 07:40:02 am
Since you bringing up last season that same 1-9 team beat Blytheville who beat Osceola but lost to Crest big (Paragould). In turn that same no defense team called RiverCrest according to 501 Ark shut Osc  #1 player down holding him to 35 total yards and ZERO touchdowns and beat the Noles who lost to JC who put up 44pts on them them.  Jc turns around and only score 14 points to the no defense 2017 3A state champions RivverCrest. Not bad for a defenseless team. lol  ;D ;D So the above comments about Crest were made by fans of two teams who are waiting to exhale lol Crest has beaten Osc 8 straight years and have defeated Gosnell the last two years, so guess it's ok to feel that way since Crest is the only team in this county that isn't that good but some how have been to two state title games in the last 3 years. Maybe this year will be Gosnell or Osceola year who knows...lol  ;D ;D ;D 8) Oh 501 good luck with that qb scrambling, stop and jump balls patterns balance attack offense..lol You guys or hilarious and envy  Crest. To beat them this season will make yall feel like you've won the superbowl. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lol I never said rivercrest wasnt good I know they are. That defense isn't nothing like last year is what I'm saying. When you have one guy almost have 300 rushing yards that's not called defense. I'm just saying. And don't put it like osceola wasn't blowing out rivercrest for 6 years straight. It's just yall turn now lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 12, 2018, 12:38:48 am

That's funny! You really want to compare first games of this season? I believe the Colts "W" speaks for itself. What is Gosnell this year? 1-2? Lost to another 3A team? Again? At least they didn't play three this year...don't have to start 0-3 again!
The Rivercrest defense improved greatly between 2 weeks a go and last week. Same can't be said for Gosnell...who even gave up points to Kennett, MO. Kennett, Mo!!
But it's OK, I understand the jealousy. Has Gosnell ever played for a state championship? In all the years they have been around, what's their playoff record? How many conf titles? If we won't to bring up the past let us compare the two football programs...Gosnell's claim to fame is they have beaten Rivercrest. Actually, not to bad of a claim...if only the program could get to the next level.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 12, 2018, 12:42:56 pm
That's funny! You really want to compare first games of this season? I believe the Colts "W" speaks for itself. What is Gosnell this year? 1-2? Lost to another 3A team? Again? At least they didn't play three this year...don't have to start 0-3 again!
The Rivercrest defense improved greatly between 2 weeks a go and last week. Same can't be said for Gosnell...who even gave up points to Kennett, MO. Kennett, Mo!!
But it's OK, I understand the jealousy. Has Gosnell ever played for a state championship? In all the years they have been around, what's their playoff record? How many conf titles? If we won't to bring up the past let us compare the two football programs...Gosnell's claim to fame is they have beaten Rivercrest. Actually, not to bad of a claim...if only the program could get to the next level.
Idc about gosnell I'm not a gosnell fan, calm down bubby. And it's funny because it's true huh? Lol

Coltfan2005

I thought I would be nice, since osceola is too easy of a target. Hopefully, the legal problems will be out of the way by game time.

Coltfan2005

501arkansas...now I remember your knobby little head. You were the one last season spreading all the garbage rumors about people from Rivercrest making death threats to an Osceola player.

Coltfan2005

And there was the one after Rivercrest thumped osceola were you said the "state" was investigating Winda and his eligibility...

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 12, 2018, 06:41:10 pm
And there was the one after Rivercrest thumped osceola were you said the "state" was investigating Winda and his eligibility...
I never said anything about winda you just did. I didnt know anything about winda until they played osceola. And the death threats was true it was all over Facebook. Why would I make that up? You sound kinda dumb

Coltfan2005

"Its a rumor in mississippi county that the running back for rivercrest #4 JD Winda was Ineligible and state is looking into it. Hope this isnt true the good can ball."

gee, a direct quote from you...during the 2017 playoffs. Is your nose growing?

Oh, you got your FACTS from facebook on a death threat...dumb, you say?

Redskin2015

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2018, 09:13:23 am
"Its a rumor in mississippi county that the running back for rivercrest #4 JD Winda was Ineligible and state is looking into it. Hope this isnt true the good can ball."

The plot thickens

bigchief72455

Man. I knew getting another Miss. Co. team in conference would spark some heat but you guys have surpassed all expectations. All we need now is the next cycle to drop Blytheville down and we might go nuclear. lol

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 13, 2018, 09:42:37 am
Man. I knew getting another Miss. Co. team in conference would spark some heat but you guys have surpassed all expectations. All we need now is the next cycle to drop Blytheville down and we might go nuclear. lol
Mayday mayday Olympus has fallen I repeat Olympus has fallen

Coltfan2005

I'm sure he will answer me as soon as he gets off work at Wal-mart and can figure out how to cover up another one of his bogus posts.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2018, 12:29:10 pm
I'm sure he will answer me as soon as he gets off work at Wal-mart and can figure out how to cover up another one of his bogus posts.
This is gonna be a fun season.

Coltfan2005

Apparently the greeters at Wal-Mart are working extra hours today.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2018, 02:11:35 pm
Apparently the greeters at Wal-Mart are working extra hours today.
Even Wal-Matt has its standards! You know he is either off his meds or rides the short bus to Green Forrest!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2018, 09:13:23 am

Now he comes to osceola and cant play? Hmmm how he get ineligible all of a sudden? He missed 40 days of school and played football and basketball now he transferred to another school and can't play lol Missing 40 days at the Crest wasnt a problem while playing ball at the Crest soon as he leave the Crest he can't play. Do you have any Information about this? Since we talking about J.D

Coach79

Anyone that knows the eligibility rules and the "actual facts" of this situation would see how that is possible.  It is obvious that very few people on here understand one or the other, and even less know both.  Many rumors and innuendos have been thrown around by both sides and very few if any of them are totally true.

It is easy....play by the rules and life goes on without all of this.  This is a game after all, and all games have rules that you play by.  I pray for a good football game played by kids that will all be friends next week.  Now for the adults that is a totally different matter and that is a shame.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 13, 2018, 03:02:13 pm
Now he comes to osceola and cant play? Hmmm how he get ineligible all of a sudden? He missed 40 days of school and played football and basketball now he transferred to another school and can't play lol Missing 40 days at the Crest wasnt a problem while playing ball at the Crest soon as he leave the Crest he can't play. Do you have any Information about this? Since we talking about J.D

I thought you never questioned his eligibility?

Coltfan2005

"You are the imbecile, the death threat was the TRUTH just like the state board investigation. Dont call anyone stupid when you dont know what are you talking about"

Gotta love those geniuses from Osceola! A "state board" investigation!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 13, 2018, 05:06:54 pm
I thought you never questioned his eligibility?
You cant answer my question I see? But it's okay I understand lol I'm done talking about it

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 12, 2018, 11:21:22 am
Lol I never said rivercrest wasnt good I know they are. That defense isn't nothing like last year is what I'm saying. When you have one guy almost have 300 rushing yards that's not called defense. I'm just saying. And don't put it like osceola wasn't blowing out rivercrest for 6 years straight. It's just yall turn now lol
The thing is did the team with the gut that rush for almost 300yds win NO will the Noles follow in the Colts tracks and win 3A this season NO. you said Colts didn't have any defense all last season well we know how that turn out. Lol. Good luck to the Noles this season I like coach Hooks he basically family other than that well no comment.  :-X

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 13, 2018, 03:02:13 pm
I wonder why he supposedly left Crest for Osceola with only two weeks left in the school year. Maybe Osceola should've invite some of JC players to come play for them too. Lol. Let's see i win a state championship ring then decides to go to the team that on paper was the state champs. NO WAY i leave. .😂😂😂😂
#can't beat em have em join you. Lol hilarious
#the saga contuues

bigchief72455

My question is.....who cares. The Crest and Noles game decides nothing anymore. Just a non conf rivalry that will determine nothing as far as both teams conference standing and future playoff seeding. I know its you guys first year apart and there are still sour grapes but ultimately this game is just about bragging rights. Next week neither team will really care much about what happened because they will have their own conference championships to go after. I say have fun and enjoy it because everybody is going to be hunting starting next week. Still going with RC. 3-4A family now. Go Colts.

luxora4life

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 14, 2018, 07:26:52 am
My question is.....who cares. The Crest and Noles game decides nothing anymore. Just a non conf rivalry that will determine nothing as far as both teams conference standing and future playoff seeding. I know its you guys first year apart and there are still sour grapes but ultimately this game is just about bragging rights. Next week neither team will really care much about what happened because they will have their own conference championships to go after. I say have fun and enjoy it because everybody is going to be hunting starting next week. Still going with RC. 3-4A family now. Go Colts.

Obviously you don't have a clue about this rivalry that just intensified due to a defector

Missco

Lol. I promise these teams care more about this game than a conference game against Corning or Cave City. They should.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Missco on September 14, 2018, 12:02:11 pm
Lol. I promise these teams care more about this game than a conference game against Corning or Cave City. They should.
LOL. Thats true.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: 501Arkansas on September 13, 2018, 10:28:26 pm
You cant answer my question I see? But it's okay I understand lol I'm done talking about it

Gee, that one was so easy i thought you were just running your mouth as usual. Look up bona-fide move on the AAA web site. That'll answer your question. And then go on ignoring your lies about your questioning his eligibility when he was playing for Rivercrest.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 14, 2018, 07:26:52 am

Must be sad to be a fan of a school that has no rivalry. If they did then you would have a small 
understanding of the Osceola/Rivercrest game. Conf has nothing to do with it. It's a pity that Pokey fans can't have the same feeling of expectation that fans from South Mississippi county do each year.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Highland used to be our biggest rivalry game but since there's been one good game in the last 10 years it's really gone down to just another "oh I guess they're a rival" game. I wish we did have one that would almost like divide the county or something like that. Unless Maynard gets a team then I doubt it'll ever happen

Coltfan2005

Just pick up the town and move closer to someone. 12 miles apart has a way of making a rivalry.

Redskin2015

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 14, 2018, 03:50:48 pm
Highland used to be our biggest rivalry game but since there's been one good game in the last 10 years it's really gone down to just another "oh I guess they're a rival" game. I wish we did have one that would almost like divide the county or something like that. Unless Maynard gets a team then I doubt it'll ever happen
Highland used to be good rivalry before that I'd say it was valley view and if we wanna go way back there's walnut ridge and the battle for the bell

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas