• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Bearden Week 3

Started by G-HIGH, September 08, 2018, 08:10:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G-HIGH

Have always enjoyed this game. Gurdon coming off a shutout at the hands of 4A Haskell. Bearden coming off a weather shortened game at Hazen. Will be interested to see if Gurdon can turn around some offensive miscues and how they stack up vs Bearden. Judging solely by their play against CHG, the Bears seem to be on track for a very good season. For some reason I see this being a dog fight. Should be a good game.

Redzone

September 09, 2018, 02:51:58 pm #1 Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:45:50 pm by Redzone
Bearden by 10

HG Hornet

G-HIGH

How many players did the Bears end up dressing this year?

Yogi bear

Yogi bear

Another 2a game of the week. If we can win a few probably alot more ahead on the schedule.

SOUTHARK99

I'll be at this game. I think the Bears are better than I thought they would be.

Yogi bear

September 13, 2018, 07:21:20 pm #7 Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:38:43 pm by Yogi bear
Where did all the Gurdon fans go? Just asking for Ranger Smith.

cuz

I'll go with the Bears on this one.....

G-HIGH

If Gurdon can curb the turnovers then this will be a close close game. HHG was given quite a few gifts last Friday. Gurdon was moving the ball quite well on a stout defense all night, but fumbles did what fumbles do ... made for an ugly score. We still might have come up short, but take away fumbles inside the 10 twice and we would have been in it. I don't doubt Bearden at all. They seem to be tough year in and year out, but I don't think either of these teams quite know who they are yet.
Fatigue shouldn't play a role for either team with the numbers on both sidelines.

Eslim03

Bigpoppie

Bigpoppie

Bearden_Bear72

Good game Gurdon.  Deserve every bit of that win.  If Bearden doesn't improve on offense and learn some fundamentals then it won't be a good season.  Good clean game from both teams from what I saw.  Good luck rest of season Go-Devils

dawgpound

Bearden_Bear72

I have a list of things that Bearden did that just plan out terrible.  Gurdon D stopped inside run for the game immediately.  Bearden qb and receivers did not look comfortable with the ball or running routes.  Bearden defense was decent but things such as going for the "big hit" instead of wrapping up ether lead to a td run for Gurdon or one of the Bearden players hurting themselves trying to get the hit.  I doubt Bearden had a 100 yards in total offense tonight.  Sad night for bears

G-HIGH

I would like to say what a great game defensively by BOTH teams. Also ... the outstanding sportsmanship by Bearden boys after the handshake line seeking out Gurdon players and talking to them one on one needs to be highlighted!
Great job by Bearden coaches and parents raising some very very respectful young men. Bearden ... much luck the rest of the year .. Outlaw will get yall going for sure. Gurdon still showing some ball handling problems, but improves tonight over the last few week's performances. BE GREAT!

Yogi bear

Great job Gurdon. The Bears defense played well enough to win the game, but our offense needs Alot of work.

HG Hornet

I was there last night pulling for the Bears.  The field goal that beat you guys was only good by about a foot.  Y'all were that close to taking over with the ball and running out the final two minutes of the game.  The Bears played hard, but from what I saw, they weren't nearly as fired up and emotional as they were at CHG two weeks ago.  Early turnovers and penalties gotcha last night more that Gurdon did, but they did have two scores called back so I guess they could have had it in hand at the end.  Overall, it was a pretty evenly matched game with good sportsmanship all around. 

I hope Bears #5 is OK.  Good luck the rest of the way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas