• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren lumberjacks vs PB Dollarway

Started by AirWarren, September 07, 2018, 11:12:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Mother Nature spared the birds this week as the game was called with Warren up 9-0. Warren will sweep Arkansas county later in the season as Dewitt can claim to be king of the delta for at least one year.

PB Dollarway is struggling. Warren should cruise.

Thoughts?

cuckoobird

Claiming cancelled games as a win is like hanging runner up banners. Oh yeah, warren does hang runner up banners...

AirWarren

September 07, 2018, 11:16:35 pm #2 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:23:27 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 07, 2018, 11:14:41 pm
Claiming cancelled games as a win is like hanging runner up banners. Oh yeah, warren does hang runner up banners...

1-10 to the runner up banner.
Lost to Dewitt.

Start working on next week my man.

cuckoobird

There's that fuzzy math again. Does a series record start over when there's a coaching change?

Trojanbird

Maybe If there is a handshake involved!

CoachDupuyFan!

DeWitt May have finally found a team. 3-0 for the first time since 2002. Defense is playing pretty well considering a couple of injuries. They're not champ material just yet, but they're developing nicely so far.

zebrafan

STUNNA

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 08, 2018, 12:03:09 am
There's that fuzzy math again. Does a series record start over when there's a coaching change?

5 different coaches. Same 1-10 record.

Not sure if that's a testament to the town of Stuttgart, the booster club, program, or all of the above.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on September 08, 2018, 05:27:47 am
Sit Burks.

I figure he will get some reps. I think he needs them in some spots. But this shouldn't be a contest.

cuckoobird

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

jimbojack

I expect Reep, Calhoun, Smith, Marshall, and York to carry the offensive load this week.

Romeo

September 08, 2018, 09:55:36 am #13 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:57:47 am by Romeo
Dollarway is no longer the powerhouse it used to be, but no other program has given Warren more fits over the years. The first meeting between the two schools was in 1960 (Warren won 63-0). Warren dominated the series in the early 60's and early 70's. Then, around 1976, the advantage shifted to Dollarway. We lost 20 out of 21 games to Dollarway from 1976-1995. Dollarway has beaten us five times in the Bo Hembree era, although two of those wins were later forfeited.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on September 08, 2018, 07:53:25 am
5 different coaches. Same 1-10 record.

Not sure if that's a testament to the town of Stuttgart, the booster club, program, or all of the above.

Actually, its 1-11. We beat them twice in 2016.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 08, 2018, 10:03:03 am
Actually, its 1-11. We beat them twice in 2016.

There is my fuzzy math again. Lol.

Romeo

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 08, 2018, 08:45:24 am
15-10 is the record

Other than 2 years in the 90s, Stuttgart was beating Warren at a time before World War II even began. Old man football is fine, but I don't think any team can boast about wins that happened about 80 years ago.

bulldoghistorian

KASH dba The Lumberjack

How many players does DW have out this year?

cuckoobird

Like I said, you guys only like to count bo era, well stuttgart has had several coaches so where do you start? Best to just go overall

AirWarren

September 08, 2018, 01:42:07 pm #20 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:45:03 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Romeo on September 08, 2018, 10:16:40 am
Other than 2 years in the 90s, Stuttgart was beating Warren at a time before World War II even began. Old man football is fine, but I don't think any team can boast about wins that happened about 80 years ago.

We flipped the script of the historical blitz bombings of World War 2 to the tune of 15-10 and 1-11 on Stuttgart.

Then Dewitt beating them was like Hitler bunkering himself in a hole and putting a bullet to his head.

Fitting....the town is named after Stuttgart, Germany.

zebrafan

ROULETTE

I've heard PB $way is playing lots of freshman and sophomores.  Warren by however many they want to.

Is Burks playing QB-- or just the wildcat duties?

AirWarren

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 08, 2018, 05:49:00 pm
I've heard PB $way is playing lots of freshman and sophomores.  Warren by however many they want to.

Is Burks playing QB-- or just the wildcat duties?

He has been in some at QB. He has had the "dropsies" some but he will get that figured out. He has mostly played LB. There was a couple of series where he wasn't even in on offense.

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

DW have any players to be on the watch for? Normally have 2-3 next level kids. I haven't heard anything about them this year. Was surprised to see them on our schedule actually.

zebrafan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 10, 2018, 11:33:53 am
DW have any players to be on the watch for? Normally have 2-3 next level kids. I haven't heard anything about them this year. Was surprised to see them on our schedule actually.
There is some 9th grade lineman they have supposedly is 6'5 🧐

KASH dba The Lumberjack

This has to rank up there as one of the least interesting Warren vs thread ever. This was once a great rivalry

Superjack45

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 11, 2018, 08:39:15 pm
This has to rank up there as one of the least interesting Warren vs thread ever. This was once a great rivalry
yea no interest at all in this game anymore

AirWarren

Just win baby.

Fairly low interest in general on FF.

gameoflife

What is Warren doing playing Dollarway?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: gameoflife on September 11, 2018, 10:21:24 pm
What is Warren doing playing Dollarway?
I don't think they could get anyone else

AirWarren

September 12, 2018, 08:10:45 am #33 Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:15:46 am by AirWarren
Is this at Dollarway or another location in PB?

I know the area had some flooding issues and I didn't know how good of shape their field was in.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2018, 08:10:45 am
Is this at Dollarway or another location in PB?

I know the area had some flooding issues and I didn't know how good of shape their field was in.

At Dollarway.

HeberFan

My how the Cardinals have fallen.  Only five years ago this game would have been a toss-up.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: HeberFan on September 12, 2018, 12:31:15 pm
My how the Cardinals have fallen.  Only five years ago this game would have been a toss-up.
I remember when Josh Liddell was at $way!  He put on quite the show, of course back then most everybody did against us! Lol

moneyminers

Very off topic indeed but i'm trying to start a topic and I cannot find how to do so, any help?

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on September 12, 2018, 01:07:31 pm
I remember when Josh Liddell was at $way!  He put on quite the show, of course back then most everybody did against us! Lol

My son played against Josh Liddell, or, chased him around the field. Nobody caught Josh from behind!

AirWarren

Jesse Grandy, Joshua Liddell, Eddie Ringo. Those are some big time names to come out of Dollarway.

There was some early 2000 teams that were something else.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: AirWarren on September 12, 2018, 01:38:01 pm
Jesse Grandy, Joshua Liddell, Eddie Ringo. Those are some big time names to come out of Dollarway.

There was some early 2000 teams that were something else.
Kind of like Warren

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on September 12, 2018, 01:42:37 pm
Kind of like Warren

Eddie Ringo.... was his dad Johnny Ringo?

"I'm your huckleberry...."

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2018, 08:01:50 am
Go jacks!

Now here is my popular opinion, Warren will lose this game by 3 this game due to some over confidence and purely on the grit to win. Dollarway will bring everything they have and barely take this one. When warren loses this game by 3 there will be riots in the streets. Coach will be put on the hot seat and possibly fired due to lack of production. Treylon burkes will have a let down of a season this year. His scholarship will be revoked due to lack of production. This will be a let down season for burkes and the lumber jacks.

-A green forest fan

HeberFan

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 14, 2018, 09:47:25 am
Now here is my popular opinion, Warren will lose this game by 3 this game due to some over confidence and purely on the grit to win. Dollarway will bring everything they have and barely take this one. When warren loses this game by 3 there will be riots in the streets. Coach will be put on the hot seat and possibly fired due to lack of production. Treylon burkes will have a let down of a season this year. His scholarship will be revoked due to lack of production. This will be a let down season for burkes and the lumber jacks.

-A green forest fan

Not even close. Do your research.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on September 14, 2018, 09:53:23 am
He does. Have you never heard of Mad magazine.

AirWarren

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 14, 2018, 09:54:23 am
He does. Have you never heard of Mad magazine.

Lower than that.

Pop up pictures and coloring areas.

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: HeberFan on September 14, 2018, 09:53:23 am

I have been researching this all week I know all about arkansas football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas