• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 3A Top Ten--Week 2

Started by Mike Bonds, September 06, 2018, 09:34:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

September 06, 2018, 09:34:31 am Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:39:21 am by Mike Bonds
1.   Booneville
2.   Prescott
3.   Mayflower
4.   Clinton
5.   Rison
6.   Camden Harmony Grove
7.   Glen Rose
8.   Smackover
9.   Atkins
10.   McGehee

Red Devil Dad

Love seeing my Devils in your top 10, don't know if they have earned a top 10 ranking yet but nice to see it.  Don't see Charleston in there though?  They can probably beat over half the teams listed.

snoopy22

I'm pretty sure Charleston cannot beat at least 6 of those teams.  I could be wrong though.

Smackover Fan

I know prior performance doesn't guarantee future success, but Camden Harmony Grove lost to Junction. For now, I would probably switch Smackover and CHG, and Charleston would still be in my top 10, just struggling with where.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 06, 2018, 11:37:47 am
I know prior performance doesn't guarantee future success, but Camden Harmony Grove lost to Junction. For now, I would probably switch Smackover and CHG, and Charleston would still be in my top 10, just struggling with where.
Smackover Fan, you guys did have a very impressive win over the Junction City Dragons and please don't think I'm making light of it, BUT I can promise you that if #10 had played at RB for them, they would have had more power on offense.  Might not have changed the outcome, but would have definitely made a difference.  He was a very impressive runner before he was injured and did not return. 

If we could go back and play them again this week, I think we would beat them by two scores.   

Red Devil Dad

Charleston lost by 1 point to a top 10 4A team. They will get their chance on 10/19 At #1. I've learned even in down years that the Tigers are pretty good, and I'm not convinced they are down this year. We will see as the year moves on.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 06, 2018, 12:11:06 pm
Smackover Fan, you guys did have a very impressive win over the Junction City Dragons and please don't think I'm making light of it, BUT I can promise you that if #10 had played at RB for them, they would have had more power on offense.  Might not have changed the outcome, but would have definitely made a difference.  He was a very impressive runner before he was injured and did not return. 

If we could go back and play them again this week, I think we would beat them by two scores.

I'm not doubting that in the slightest, but I don't think it would have made up 26 points. Remember, our best back was also not playing. I definitely have respect for CHG, just can't put them above Smackover. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think my decision is unfair. Smackover, Prescott, and CHG can make arguments for the conference title and can all make runs toward Little Rock. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you want to look at it, we won't know until week 10 or 11.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 06, 2018, 12:42:40 pm
I'm not doubting that in the slightest, but I don't think it would have made up 26 points. Remember, our best back was also not playing. I definitely have respect for CHG, just can't put them above Smackover. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think my decision is unfair. Smackover, Prescott, and CHG can make arguments for the conference title and can all make runs toward Little Rock. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you want to look at it, we won't know until week 10 or 11.
Let's face it we are all a little biased toward our team. There ain't nothing wrong with loving our team. Smackover has sure turned some eyes in the state and they deserve to be up there with all the top teams.CHG has sure done the same with a close loss to a very good JC team when healthy and it was at Junction, and a good win over a Bearden team that looked very good minus some penalties that should get cleaned up and I believe will make a good push for a conference title and possibly a goof playoff push. I can't wait to see HG and Smackover match up, but we still got a long season ahead.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Smackover Fan on September 06, 2018, 12:42:40 pm
I agree. 

Fourthdown

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 06, 2018, 09:34:31 am
1.   Booneville
2.   Prescott
3.   Mayflower
4.   Clinton
5.   Rison
6.   Camden Harmony Grove
7.   Glen Rose
8.   Smackover
9.   Atkins
10.   McGehee

Fourthdown

Should be some interesting games in 5 3A

HG Hornet

Quote from: Fourthdown on September 06, 2018, 04:53:08 pm
Should be some interesting games in 5 3A
Oh yes, Fourthdown.  Prescott, Smackover, and CHG are all talented.....we'll see how it all turns out at the end.  We end our regular season with Prescott & Smackover back to back.  That's gonna be a tall task just to beat one of them, much less both of them, but our Hornets will give it their best.

WHITEchicken

I think smack and Prescott play in like a month

Smackover Fan

Smackover Prescott is on October 5th.

WHITEchicken

That might be the first test of the season for the bucks

Smackover Fan

1. Prescott (Pains me, but they've done nothing to show otherwise)
2. Booneville
3. Smackover (Biased, but also not too far from where the "wonderful" Hootens has us.)
4. Clinton
5. CHG (The loss to Junction hurt them in my eyes, but I'm not all the way blind either, they are looking good)
6. Mayflower
7. Charleston (I'm not near ready to drop them out of the top 10, they ARE Charleston
8. Rison (Rison is unique, and honestly one of my favorite teams to watch pretty much every year)
9. Osceola
10. Newport

I think that's probably how I would do it. Could probably call Smackover, CHG, and Clinton an 3 way tie for 3rd unless one of them dethrones Prescott or Booneville. (or if one of them flops later on, although that's probably the less likely scenerio)

HG Hornet

Unfortunately, one of us (Prescott, Smackover, and CHG) will end regular season as a 3rd place team.  I wonder if that seeding would actually benefit that team more than being the #1 or #2?  I know that we made it to the semis in 2016 as a #3 seed behind Hampton and Rison. 

Grayte88

Mayflower beat Smackover in the playoffs last year and returns the same team including 15 seniors. #3 sounds right!

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 13, 2018, 06:29:27 am
Mayflower beat Smackover in the playoffs last year and returns the same team including 15 seniors. #3 sounds right!

AS I said, I'm biased. Also, Mayflower returns the same team, but Smackover absolutely is NOT the same team and it's different for the better.

Grayte88

I should've said the same players. Mayflower has a new coach and his style is different.  It would be a good game again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas