• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport vs Green county Tech

Started by 870ARK, September 05, 2018, 10:19:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

870ARK

bigchief72455

GCT has benefited from being able to outscore teams with little to no defense. Newport will have an aggressive defense. Also I have seen a lot of holes in GCT's line. That will create a problem.

Gray lizard

Any word on the young man with the leg injury from Newport.  It did not look good from where i was sitting.  It appeared to be a compound fracture to the lower leg.  Newport is a solid team.

870ARK

He's doing better he had surgery this weekend and a couple things done. I haven't heard much other than that.

DogCatcher

Dislocated ankle, broken tibia. Steel plate and 7 screws. Other kid had a slight concussion.

Leo Marvin

I think the difference will be if Newport's passing game is clicking this week.

Da Truff

Quote from: DogCatcher on September 05, 2018, 10:54:51 am
Dislocated ankle, broken tibia. Steel plate and 7 screws. Other kid had a slight concussion.

Thats tough, I hope he is able to have a full recovery.

870ARK

hogwild_82

spread.. but they are mainly running power stuff with qb and rb

Their line is bigger than most 4a schools and their qb is a load. So the power run out of the spread is tough to stop.

GuvHog

September 05, 2018, 01:29:01 pm #9 Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 01:31:06 pm by GuvHog
If this game was being played in Newport, I might give the Greyhounds a slight edge but it's being played at Greene County Tech so I'll predict that the Eagles win a close one.

Got to pull for the ole Alma Mater (GCT class of '75)!!

hogwild_82

Quote from: GuvHog on September 05, 2018, 01:29:01 pm
If this game was being played in Newport, I might give the Greyhounds a slight edge but it's being played at Greene County Tech so I'll predict that the Eagles win a close one.

Got to pull for the ole Alma Mater (GCT class of '75)!!

just IMO ... If Newport isn't big upfront, then they will struggle to stop that power run. Those lineman from GCT uncharacteristically are tough, quick, and strong.  Best GCT team in a while...

Leo Marvin

Quote from: hogwild_82 on September 05, 2018, 02:39:56 pm
just IMO ... If Newport isn't big upfront, then they will struggle to stop that power run. Those lineman from GCT uncharacteristically are tough, quick, and strong.  Best GCT team in a while...

That has been the kind of team that has given Newport problems.  They have had more speed than size. It will be a good test.

sprained ankle

I think the Tides rolls all over the ASU!!!

Lions84

870ARK

Pretty sure the hounds take it but I was wrong last week...

bigchief72455

Leo Marvin

Great job, Hounds!!  They put the Pottsville game in the rear view mirror and played their game against GCT.  Nice to see the passing game loosening up the defense.  If this team continues to improve, it could be a very exciting year. 

870ARK

Offense and defense played almost lights out. The special team really has work to do. 3 touchdowns from kickoff. And 4 if you count the one that was called back. Kick off return has a lot of work to do.

sprained ankle

Quote from: Leo Marvin on September 05, 2018, 04:32:45 pm
That has been the kind of team that has given Newport problems.  They have had more speed than size. It will be a good test.
The GTC linemen must not have showed up.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas