• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs PW

Started by Lions84, August 27, 2018, 10:49:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this weeks matchup

Lions
7 (26.9%)
Pats
12 (46.2%)
Skeeters
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: September 01, 2018, 10:49:13 am

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 05, 2018, 10:04:02 am

this may qualify you as the most dumbest comment ever award. not sure any school in our area would be considered "a rich kids school".

And you are the biggest idiot ever.  I didn't say anyone was a rich kids school...I said that we are not.  Our kids have to work.  Heck, I had to work summers, nights and weekends when I was in high school to buy my school clothes, supplies etc.  It's not like they are all laying around just not wanting to lift...sure some probably are but for the majority, they have other responsibilities.

MomaLion

Quote from: Old Scrapper on September 05, 2018, 06:30:11 am
The Hazen Coach sets up workouts around what fits the kids schedule if they work, and most do work in the summer here because we are not the rich kid school either.

My point is that there are other factors in play here.  I'm sure something was set up in Clarendon as well, there's just only so many hrs in the day lol...those working on farms would have a hard time consistently fitting it in.

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 12:02:16 am
Oh, so y'all are all working class huh.  Then how in the world do you pay for a 30 million dollar school without raising taxes?  Or afford 2 tour buses? That's a whole heck of a lot of private donations.
I know several kids that literally can't play because they have to work to pay for their school clothes etc...some have to contribute to their family finances.  Throw that bs somewhere else.
Ok math lesson , more kids equals more money,  more money means you can build a school without raising taxes when the state pays 60% of it. Besides that when we raised the millage to build the new grade school there was a little extra asked for so this project could become a reality.  That's called planning for the future. And remember a large part of our kids dont even live in district. But the people of this town realize that if the school dies the town dies,and we dont want either to happen. That's called town and school pride. As for the tour busses those were both good deals that our superintendent run across , the busses had a out 200,000 miles on 1 million mile Cummins motors and you couldn't buy a yellow bus without air conditioning for what we paid for 2 with air conditioning , and having them wrapped which by the way is totally sweet. Know private donations were given to either one of these afore mentioned topics , you are starting to sound like A Forrest city person now. Dont hate on us because we are the district that absolutely opened up the school choice law to what it is today , yall could benefit to if anyone wanted to come to school there. We turn down more kids than you have every year. It's not our fault we sit in a geographically perfect location with Forrest city and Marianna to our east and south and our superintendent had enough sense to use that to our advantage . So just because we are the where people want their kids district we automatically become a rich kid school. If there's any BS in this thread it's your way of thinking

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 12:11:39 am
And you are the biggest idiot ever.  I didn't say anyone was a rich kids school...I said that we are not.  Our kids have to work.  Heck, I had to work summers, nights and weekends when I was in high school to buy my school clothes, supplies etc.  It's not like they are all laying around just not wanting to lift...sure some probably are but for the majority, they have other responsibilities.

Saying your kids have to work and other schools don't, is implying simply that. So yes you did. Isn't Clarendon the poor school, building some elaborate gym? When your football field is a dump. Maybe should have cut back on the gym expenses and split it with the football field. Then maybe you could get more players on the football field. As for the kids of Clarendon not lifting, it's not because they are working, cause there are plenty of hours in the day to do both. Oh, I see you are a name caller, better be glad I'm in a good mood this morning or i would have to call you what you actually are a @#$  &*^%$. Solve that puzzle.

big E

Pick I guess me and you won't be getting any Christmas cards from her.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on September 06, 2018, 09:38:12 am
Pick I guess me and you won't be getting any Christmas cards from her.

man, you know that will destroy my feeling.  ::)

Lions84

Bottom Line we got thumped and better get to playing better.

It Coach Meeks 4th year.

Ctucker

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 06, 2018, 07:14:03 am
Saying your kids have to work and other schools don't, is implying simply that. So yes you did. Isn't Clarendon the poor school, building some elaborate gym? When your football field is a dump. Maybe should have cut back on the gym expenses and split it with the football field. Then maybe you could get more players on the football field. As for the kids of Clarendon not lifting, it's not because they are working, cause there are plenty of hours in the day to do both. Oh, I see you are a name caller, better be glad I'm in a good mood this morning or i would have to call you what you actually are a @#$  &*^%$. Solve that puzzle.
most kids in rural Arkansas have to work in summers no school is exempt from that!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on September 06, 2018, 03:24:39 pm
most kids in rural Arkansas have to work in summers no school is exempt from that!

exactly

who-knew

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 12:11:39 am

There's no reason why a kid should have to work during the summer to pay for his/her school supplies and help with there parents finances....That falls back onto the parents being lazy and not doing what needs to be done to pay the bills....As far as the kids not lifting that's just being lazy... If they work pretty sure that they can tell there boss they have to go lift for football and they would let them go or maybe they shouldn't play basketball on the court outside for 3 hours a day and get in the weight room for at least 1 of those 3 hours.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on September 06, 2018, 06:34:32 pm
There's no reason why a kid should have to work during the summer to pay for his/her school supplies and help with there parents finances....That falls back onto the parents being lazy and not doing what needs to be done to pay the bills....As far as the kids not lifting that's just being lazy... If they work pretty sure that they can tell there boss they have to go lift for football and they would let them go or maybe they shouldn't play basketball on the court outside for 3 hours a day and get in the weight room for at least 1 of those 3 hours.....

Oooh, you gonna get it now. Lol

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 06, 2018, 07:14:03 am

Oh, I struck a never didn't I?  And who is in their feelings??? lol you are so easy to get riled up.  And as a matter of fact, our football facilities are getting a facelift with the new build.  Yes, y'all have a nice field but y'alls gym is crap...far too tiny for any of our crowds..but then again, lots of our folks don't even bother coming out when we play y'all in basketball because there is never a contest.  Our basketball program puts butts in the seats therefore that's where the money goes just like y'alls football program.  So I guess by comparison, we could say that y'all don't practice basketball every day year round so that's why y'all are slacking in that area.

MomaLion

Quote from: who-knew on September 06, 2018, 06:34:32 pm

That's just a reality in this area.  I know for myself, I worked so that I could afford what I wanted instead of what my parents could afford.  That was during the summer, after school and nights/weekends.
As far as them playing basketball...where do you think they have the best shot at a scholarship? Basketball.  Maybe some of y'all that are jumping on our program about not lifting, should have y'alls kids practicing basketball year round.  It's the same thing.  The area that gets the most practice will be the most successful.

big E

The sad reality about this area is we have way to many people sitting at home collecting government assistance.  Get your butt off of the couch and go get you a job. Having babies should not be a way to make money. I'm gonna give you a perfect example,  A textile mill was going to open in the old sanyo building in Forrest city , they couldn't find a viable workforce,  in a town as big as Forrest City they couldn't find a viable workforce.  That's the sad truth about the delta. My good friend Terry Farmer got absolutely bashed for a article that Hootens wrote back in 05 I think it was . Because he told the truth.  He said when all the kids see is momma and daddy sitting at home all day long,  do you think they are motivated to do any better. It's the Culture that has to change , kids are a product of the culture. Life and football are very similar you get out what you put in.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 11:48:01 pm
Oh, I struck a never didn't I?  And who is in their feelings??? lol you are so easy to get riled up.  And as a matter of fact, our football facilities are getting a facelift with the new build.  Yes, y'all have a nice field but y'alls gym is crap...far too tiny for any of our crowds..but then again, lots of our folks don't even bother coming out when we play y'all in basketball because there is never a contest.  Our basketball program puts butts in the seats therefore that's where the money goes just like y'alls football program.  So I guess by comparison, we could say that y'all don't practice basketball every day year round so that's why y'all are slacking in that area.

No, you can't strike any nerve of mine. Yes our basketball program has been lacking the last few seasons, and yes our gym is absolutely horrible (no argument from me on any of that). But, Des Arc (a football school) has made the final 8 in state basketball, way more recently than Clarendon has in football. We did get a new coach this year and our basketball team did practice all summer long, so maybe we will be improving in that area. And our girls will mercy rule your girls. But here is the difference our playersplay both sports, lift weights AND WORK. Like big E said work ethics start at home.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 07, 2018, 05:49:13 am
The sad reality about this area is we have way to many people sitting at home collecting government assistance.  Get your butt off of the couch and go get you a job. Having babies should not be a way to make money. I'm gonna give you a perfect example,  A textile mill was going to open in the old sanyo building in Forrest city , they couldn't find a viable workforce,  in a town as big as Forrest City they couldn't find a viable workforce.  That's the sad truth about the delta. My good friend Terry Farmer got absolutely bashed for a article that Hootens wrote back in 05 I think it was . Because he told the truth.  He said when all the kids see is momma and daddy sitting at home all day long,  do you think they are motivated to do any better. It's the Culture that has to change , kids are a product of the culture. Life and football are very similar you get out what you put in.
I can totally agree with you there. My parents both worked but money was tight. I worked 2 jobs so that I could buy the things I wanted instead of what they could provide. I saw how hard they worked and I felt I should do the same. Today's society just wants a handout.

who-knew

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 11:54:35 pm
That's just a reality in this area.  I know for myself, I worked so that I could afford what I wanted instead of what my parents could afford.  That was during the summer, after school and nights/weekends.
As far as them playing basketball...where do you think they have the best shot at a scholarship? Basketball.  Maybe some of y'all that are jumping on our program about not lifting, should have y'alls kids practicing basketball year round.  It's the same thing.  The area that gets the most practice will be the most successful.

You just made everyone's point.... If the kids would put forth the effort in football as they do in basketball your team would be pretty good bc there have been some great athletes come out of Clarendon. Cedric Houston and Tank Williams are two and I'm pretty sure they both played 3 sports and worked for it!!

justafan13

Quote from: MomaLion on September 06, 2018, 11:54:35 pm

I don't want this to sound like I'm saying Clarendon isn't good at basketball and won't have any chance to play in college because that is not the point but there is no argument about percentages and where students are more likely to receive a scholarship. D1 schools offer 85 scholarships in football. Smaller D1s offer 63 football scholarships. D2 does equivalency so if there are any grants or others a full roster of d2 can be on scholarship. In basketball D1 can offer 13. D2 9 NAIA 11 and Juco 15. There are many more football scholarships to go around.

Also if you are a great athlete at 6'4 or 6'5 someone would love to have you on the football field for the redzone. If you are 6'4 or 6'5 in basketball and can't handle it or shoot the lights out it's nothing special in college. Most high school basketball players 6'4 or 6'5 play in the paint so that eliminates some of them right off the bat

MomaLion

I understand your point but for these kids basketball is life. We've had many play multiple sports but their heart is in basketball.

Lions84

Quote from: MomaLion on September 07, 2018, 07:55:36 pm
I understand your point but for these kids basketball is life. We've had many play multiple sports but their heart is in basketball.

Then we need to go down to 8 man football .

MomaLion

Why, when we are dressing out plenty for 11 man? We may not be great but there's still enough interest to stay as is.  Once the inevitable happens and we annex with Brinkley, it'll all be a moot point anyway.  Plus the travel involved in 8 man is ridiculous right now.

Trojanbird

Well, then just stop playing football and focus on basketball since your kids are so soft!

MomaLion

Lol, i'd dare you to call one of them soft to their faces.  But oh wait, you're a keyboard warrior, you must be tough as nails. 
Have a blessed day my friend.

big E

Quote from: MomaLion on September 13, 2018, 01:27:07 am
Why, when we are dressing out plenty for 11 man? We may not be great but there's still enough interest to stay as is.  Once the inevitable happens and we annex with Brinkley, it'll all be a moot point anyway.  Plus the travel involved in 8 man is ridiculous right now.
You'll get some of the kids but I would bet PW gets most of them.

da greatest bigbaby

Big e don't yaw play Brinkley tomorrow what's up with that lol an their is no way any 1 choose's Palestine/Wheatley over Clarendon most of Brinkley students would wanna play on that helluva JV squad that would come with this no.1  hoop' squad we already got lol  an besides noo 1 would wanna play for 0-10 4a Palestine kno'n a whip'd from 4a Stuttgart , Riverview/Searcy , lonoke,  Batesville ss is coming lol

jbtiger73

Who the heck says that we're closing? Some of y'all need to get over yourself.

jbtiger73

Also bigbaby, you're asking big e why are they playing us, like it's gonna be a walk in the park like it was against y'all. Just know this, Marvell competed with them better than y'all did. So what does that say about y'all? Maybe they beat us the same way. Who knows? But at least im not delusional about it. And always ending the conversation with basketball. Whip this and whip that. Yall need to live by the motto thats at my job, it's called 0/100. Zero excuses, 100% of the time. No one wants to hear about your basketball boys that could've or should've been playing. They made a decision, move on. Just win or lose, and move on. If we lose Friday, then so be it. If we lose next week, then so be it. But I know you're not going to do that anyway. So I guess im just wasting my time here.

da greatest bigbaby

September 13, 2018, 12:49:06 pm #77 Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:58:18 pm by da greatest bigbaby
 Jbtiger you guys always lingering around Clarendon post yaw dont even have a Palestine Wheatley vs Brinkley thread up geez lol come on yaw give us a break big e were not gonna be running to Brinkley trying 2 get them  kids 2 play for us were good top 3 in hoop's again an the jr lion's are undefeated in football   were prolly gonna win the district I will noo tonite got Des arc  an  I would be surprised if we dont  win the 2a hoop state championship this year an jbtiger yaw guys would be JV if yaw came 2 Clarendon today we got a helluva backcourt 6'6 Malik 6'4 rod-the QB  6'0 Bonner 75-25 lol an prolly gonna rotate @ the 2 in the other 2 spots whoevers HoTT 3's lol
An as far as Marvell plzz don't hype them up now they might beat yaw again lol but I promise they want beat Clarendon we gonna whip them soo bad I don't think they ever beat us tradition an pride factors in  lol an  i told yaw already our other star players didn't show up for football it was a mental error vs Palestine were over it now an jb what you think is gonna happen when yaw come to Clarendon next week you got a good idea lol an it want be noo 42 pts Brinkley  I do noo that lol an I didn't say yaw were gonna lose to Palestine you said that personally I think yaw can upset em prolly want tho yaw got our river water running thru yaw cold veins an got that major dunk contest Nov 13 opening nite vs yaw hoops jbtiger an I think yaw in the mountain home tourney again around Xmas  I noo yaw can't get enough of us Malik is prolly gonna have a major nite  30 pts half off dunks lol were gonna drum yaw again both sports

big E

You should change your name to the biggest idiot ever conceived.

jbtiger73

Its basketball as usual with you. How many state titles do y'all have again? If I had some 6'6 guys on my team, I would expect to win as well. The way you're talking, if y'all don't win it in basketball this year, y'alls coach needs to be fired. And from a couple friends of mine in Clarendon, he's really not that good of a coach anyway. Given the talent that they've had there. And it's obvious that they don't have great grammar instructors there as well, given the way that you write. Your messages look like a bowl of alphabet cereal. Words just jumbled in there. Your messages look like a scrabble board.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 13, 2018, 03:05:56 pm
Its basketball as usual with you. How many state titles do y'all have again? If I had some 6'6 guys on my team, I would expect to win as well. The way you're talking, if y'all don't win it in basketball this year, y'alls coach needs to be fired. And from a couple friends of mine in Clarendon, he's really not that good of a coach anyway. Given the talent that they've had there. And it's obvious that they don't have great grammar instructors there as well, given the way that you write. Your messages look like a bowl of alphabet cereal. Words just jumbled in there. Your messages look like a scrabble board.

the coach choked at the state tournament last season.

da greatest bigbaby

September 13, 2018, 03:50:18 pm #81 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:52:10 am by da greatest bigbaby
Jbtiger an big e ect we don't have a Cedric Houston this year in football lol but we do have a LeBron lol soo we will work with what we have on campus lol I'm not sure what you guys are asking from us but don't yaw expect a 2a football state championship OK lol jbtiger yaw brought up hoops yaw always do I think it has something to do with state championships that's us hoops hazen may have a slim chance in football but prolly junction city mt Ida or foreman  an pick once again noo jr lion's vs jr eagles its prolly for the  2a-6 championship keep us posted we're salty lol an yeah our hoops coach Hudson slid a little late prolly because of the early lite schedule but it's not his fault that's triple a doing Lisa academy , abundant life , Des arc  ect but this season pick we will see if he can coach got east Poinsett co. Earle, marked tree ,bay an Marianna tourney 5a  ja fair, HWH ect  mountain home tourney in place of yaw lol  theirs really not much 2 say 75-25  30-3 ect yaw get better

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 13, 2018, 05:28:46 am
You'll get some of the kids but I would bet PW gets most of them.
PW only gets the ones they allow. They've already got most of the white kids. I'd bet the majority will come to Clarendon.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 13, 2018, 11:03:43 am
Who the heck says that we're closing? Some of y'all need to get over yourself.
You know it's inevitable.

MomaLion

Big Baby,  I'll be reporting in from Des Arc tonight.

da greatest bigbaby

September 13, 2018, 06:15:14 pm #85 Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:39:07 pm by da greatest bigbaby
Thx moma we should whip em go jr lion's   anything that has 2 do with a championship them guys come lerking this way basically I told em the football Cubs an pee wee teams are awesome cubs 2-0 an the 5th an 6th grade whip'd hazen badly the other nite now wether they stay an play for  sr high football idk but I'm sure they will say theirs a better chance for a hoop championship ring lol most of em want a hoop roster spot also lol an moma big e kno the ratio soo idk why he is act'n like this Brinkley Clarendon merger will affect them they will get what they want lol  an we will get the athletes lol an jbtiger their  working with the young guys in football the QB scored 4 td's vs hazen on the option keeper very fast soo bare with us lol pretty much what yaw were expecting an most of em transfer also jb  2 Stuttgart an pine bluff Stuttgart top 2  leading rushers are from Clarendon  Walker an amos Cedric Houston cousin soo pick that's on coach Meeks you guys take this whip'd tonite tho lol yaw don't be act'n shame you an big e were gonna win @ least 2 or 3 conference championships a year yaw catch up lol

jbtiger73

How long have you been saying that momma? No one has mentioned it especially in Brinkley. If you knew how these types of things work, you would understand. But I'm going to let you continue to stroke the delusional Clarendon ego.

da greatest bigbaby

The jr lion's whip'd the jr des arc eagles 26-14 Were  3-0  go jr lion's up nxt Brinkley

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 13, 2018, 07:17:54 pm
How long have you been saying that momma? No one has mentioned it especially in Brinkley. If you knew how these types of things work, you would understand. But I'm going to let you continue to stroke the delusional Clarendon ego.
What ego? Lol I'd rather Brinkley keep their school... or have you forgotten the many conversations about school choice. Unfortunately these smaller schools are going away. We'd be at risk if we hadn't merged with Holly Grove. Y'all had that option also and declined so now y'all are at risk. I know very well how these things work. Get your head outta the sand and you'll know as well.

Trojanbird

Must be another bad hair day there in Clarendon!

jbtiger73

You're the one here talking like its a done deal tomorrow or something. Like it's happening next year or something. Just revisit your conversations with big e.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 14, 2018, 08:59:25 am
You're the one here talking like its a done deal tomorrow or something. Like it's happening next year or something. Just revisit your conversations with big e.

You're a bit touchy on the subject lol. Nobody said anything about it happening right away. Wheels turn slowly. However,  you're really delusional if you can't see it coming.

big E

I haven't heard any talk about Brinkley closing,  Brinkleys school is a lot bigger campus wise my guess is if they have to make 1 district it will probably be in Brinkley. But I dont have a dog in this fight so yall just hash this out between yourselves. 

da greatest bigbaby

You sure don't big e  I guess you haven't been on our campus lately we have expand'd  an its ground break'n time for new multi mill state of the arc gym with classrooms  Brinkley facilities are not up to code everything is old an out dated you just see the front part lol an besides our school district isn't on academic probation

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on September 14, 2018, 12:33:16 pm
I haven't heard any talk about Brinkley closing,  Brinkleys school is a lot bigger campus wise my guess is if they have to make 1 district it will probably be in Brinkley. But I dont have a dog in this fight so yall just hash this out between yourselves.
Not unless they magically fixed all the buildings including the main building that has been destroyed by termites. That's one reason the vote failed to build a new school,  folks were saying that it'd be stupid considering they were only a few years from consolidation.
Also,  Clarendon is the county seat as well as being central to all 3 schools.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

nothing to do with yalls debate, but Des Arc passed a nice milage increase Tuesday for school and gym improvements.

MomaLion

da greatest bigbaby

Well it's good pick you an big e school district are making structure improvements lol but if our star jr lion player wouldn't have got hurt last nite it wouldve been 40-14 let's debate  lol  go lion's an jr lion's were soo primed

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: da greatest bigbaby on September 14, 2018, 05:23:50 pm
Well it's good pick you an big e school district are making structure improvements lol but if our star jr lion player wouldn't have got hurt last nite it wouldve been 40-14 let's debate  lol  go lion's an jr lion's were soo primed

no, it would not have been. clarendon scored all the points they were going to last night, regardless of you saying someone got hurt. if you want to play the what if game, if des arcs player doesn't have a brain fart on the 2nd have kick off, des arc wins. but im not playing the what if game. if you want to see a great jr team, go watch McCrory, they are legit. they would mercy rule yall too.

Ctucker

How many schools in 2a have not consolidated in the last 60 years?WCC and who else just wondering!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas