• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison VS. Fordyce

Started by Zebras98, August 23, 2018, 06:09:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebras98

Who y'all got? Rison seems to have a lot of talent this year so I'm going with the wildcats!

WonderWartHawg

First time in the long history of this rivalry that Rison is in a higher classification than Fordyce.
Rison has some skill players, a little bit better speed this year, and better depth (42 on the roster, last I heard.)
Fordyce will have some athletes that took some lumps as youngsters last year, but should be better for it.
Game is at Rison, and although you never know with this series, I'll go:

Rison 35  Fordyce 21

MR#1

If you are looking for a game to attend on Friday evening, this is the one and it's in Rison. It may be the best small town football rivalry in the state.

Bold prediction: Rison 34, Fordyce 26

Go Cats!!!

HG Hornet

blackandoldgold

FROM MR CHG HORNET:

it's in Rison
Fordyce is already down 14-0.

WELL MR CHG HORNET, LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO WHINE AND COMPLAIN, PLEASE LEAVE! ALSO PLEASE DON'T EVER COME TO RISON FOR A GAME IF YOU THINK IT'S SO UNFAIR. NOBODY CARES!

TO A TEE ALMOST EVERYONE THAT LOSES CAN'T TAKE IT LIKE A MAN. THEY ONLY WHINE THAT THE REFS MET WITH THE WINNING COACH AND DECIDED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME EVEN BEFORE KICKOFF. GET REAL! THERE ARE BAD OR BLOW CALLS FOR ALL TEAMS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

As for a prediction, I'll go with Rison 28 Fordyce 14.

NOW MR CHG HORNET, I'M SURE YOU'LL RESPOND WITH SOMETHING ADULT LIKE.

And by the way, I've always pulled for your team except of course when they play mine.

HG Hornet

I wasn't whining and complaining, I have no need to......seeing my son's Hornets take victory formation at your 3 yard line in last year's 42-30 Homecoming Game win in CHG cured me of all aches and pains from the year before.  Sour grapes do make the best wine. 

I was just chiming in, which I have a right to do.  Go back and read my comments leading up to and after last year's game between Rison & CHG.....I know how to be respectful and fair.  The last time we visited your place in 2016 your coaches, the head referee, and some of your fans were not.

With that being said, Rison by 14, and thanks for your support. 

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: blackandoldgold on August 30, 2018, 11:47:39 pm
FROM MR CHG HORNET:

it's in Rison

WELL MR CHG HORNET, LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO WHINE AND COMPLAIN, PLEASE LEAVE! ALSO PLEASE DON'T EVER COME TO RISON FOR A GAME IF YOU THINK IT'S SO UNFAIR. NOBODY CARES!

TO A TEE ALMOST EVERYONE THAT LOSES CAN'T TAKE IT LIKE A MAN. THEY ONLY WHINE THAT THE REFS MET WITH THE WINNING COACH AND DECIDED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME EVEN BEFORE KICKOFF. GET REAL! THERE ARE BAD OR BLOW CALLS FOR ALL TEAMS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. IT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

And by the way, I've always pulled for your team except of course when they play mine.
If you think there isn't home cooking in Rison then you are part of the problem...

HG Hornet

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on August 31, 2018, 08:45:14 am
If you think there isn't home cooking in Rison then you are part of the problem...
Better watch out Beast, this guy will pop a CAP on you, and quick too.  :)

In all seriousness, Rison should prosper in 3A and they'll either win their conference or place second behind the McGehee Owls.  That would be a good game to watch.  Maybe the Hornets & Wildcats will meet again in the playoffs; I think that would be a good game to watch.   

KOJACK

Quote from: blackandoldgold on August 30, 2018, 11:47:39 pm
FROM MR CHG HORNET:

it's in Rison

So two teams evenly matched if you take away the home cooking?  ;D

HG Hornet

Quote from: KOJACK on August 31, 2018, 10:59:21 am
+1

baseball13

Quote from: KOJACK on August 31, 2018, 10:59:21 am

I think Rison is most likely 14 points better before the home cooking. now with that being said, with the rivalry you never know what will happen.

my prediction is
Rison 35
Fordyce 14

owl84

WonderWartHawg

Lumberjackfan1978

Big win for Rison I thought they would win but not that convincing

MR#1

September 02, 2018, 03:55:55 pm #14 Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:35:36 pm by MR#1
This 'home cooking' that was referred to has me wondering. For those that are claiming an advantage when Rison plays at home (i.e., 'home cooking'), what is Rison's all-time record against your team when Rison has played at your place? (Just curious.)

Otherwise, nice win Wildcats and good luck to Fordyce for the remainder of the year.

big E

Rison expects to beat you that bad at home and on the road.  And more times than not they do. It's the culture of the town , they expect those kids to perform. If you are a Male in that school then by God your playing football and you will work your butt off for the Wildcats. I got all that from a man that stood beside me at a playoff game a few years ago at Rison I was standing by the scoreboard because there was not anywhere else to stand and being the talker I am just started having a conversation with a fan and he filled me in on it all. Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Lions84

I was shocked at the score.

MR#1

Quote from: Lions84 on September 06, 2018, 09:19:11 am
I was shocked at the score.

I agree. Since 1970, that score may be the greatest difference between the two teams as the game is always hard-fought and close. The best year was probably 1991. Both teams had won state championships the season before. They played to a tie in 1991 (first game of the season). Then, both went lossless repeating as state champions, an amazing accomplishment for both teams.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MR#1 on September 08, 2018, 04:51:51 pm
I agree. Since 1970, that score may be the greatest difference between the two teams as the game is always hard-fought and close. The best year was probably 1991. Both teams had won state championships the season before. They played to a tie in 1991 (first game of the season). Then, both went lossless repeating as state champions, an amazing accomplishment for both teams.
Lossless?

Dr. Defense

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 08, 2018, 09:44:04 pm
A new and interesting spin on undefeated?
Pretty sure he meant loostless.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on September 08, 2018, 09:51:25 pm
Pretty sure he meant loostless.

What's the opposite of that? That's what the razorbacks will be

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 08, 2018, 09:57:31 pm
What's the opposite of that? That's what the razorbacks will be
Hogs need 2 years of great recruiting. We have a severe lack of speed and talent.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: Oldman on September 08, 2018, 10:03:03 pm
Hogs need 2 years of great recruiting. We have a severe lack of speed and talent.

Severe! GOD bless Chad Morris he has a tough job ahead

HG Hornet

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 08, 2018, 10:15:31 pm
Severe! GOD bless Chad Morris he has a tough job ahead
He does for sure, but last night's big mistake was not going for the 4th & <1 at midfield......while we still held a 10 point lead.  Run game was working; even the announcers knew it was a mistake.  Disappointed in the Hog coaches more than the players last night.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CHG Hornet on September 09, 2018, 09:41:29 am
He does for sure, but last night's big mistake was not going for the 4th & <1 at midfield......while we still held a 10 point lead.  Run game was working; even the announcers knew it was a mistake.  Disappointed in the Hog coaches more than the players last night.
And what happens if we make the first down?

HG Hornet

I would guess we could keep running it and at least run some more clock.  Arkansas is not very good, but the Hogs should have won last night's game. 

MR#1

Quote from: Dr. Defense on September 08, 2018, 09:44:04 pm
A new and interesting spin on undefeated?

I was going to use the word 'undefeated,' but 'lossless' seemed to be better at the time. I probably overthought it; however, I think everybody understands. It was an amazing couple of years for the two towns.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: MR#1 on September 10, 2018, 02:48:44 pm
I was going to use the word 'undefeated,' but 'lossless' seemed to be better at the time. I probably overthought it; however, I think everybody understands. It was an amazing couple of years for the two towns.
yes it was.

Dr. Defense

Yes it was. I was a kid in Fordyce then. Ended up coaching for Rison for several years also

blackandoldgold

That 91 game was really special. Played at Rison. Felt like a win for Rison fans as they were the smaller classification school & held Fordyce on the Rison goal line as time expired. If Fordyce had another minute at the least, I feel sure they would have punched it in and won.

Saw both teams crowned state champs in 90 & 91. Yes, a great couple of years for both towns / schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas