• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas' Best vs. Other States' Best

Started by friscokid, July 29, 2018, 08:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

friscokid

We see the online recruit rankings all the time that show Arkansas low. But that doesn't explain the whole picture of coaching, teamwork and state pride. How would Arkansas' best rank against the best from other states?

Obviously Bentonville would be the underdog against Allen (Texas), whose enrollment more than triples it. But in lower classifications I would love to see some great interstate matchups. Nashville vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (TX) comes to mind. Short and easy trip. (Admittedly I am Lone Star focused.) Anyone think of some other tasty ones?

AHS06

Quote from: friscokid on July 29, 2018, 08:10:52 pm
We see the online recruit rankings all the time that show Arkansas low. But that doesn't explain the whole picture of coaching, teamwork and state pride. How would Arkansas' best rank against the best from other states?

Obviously Bentonville would be the underdog against Allen (Texas), whose enrollment more than triples it. But in lower classifications I would love to see some great interstate matchups. Nashville vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (TX) comes to mind. Short and easy trip. (Admittedly I am Lone Star focused.) Anyone think of some other tasty ones?
Before the Bentonville split, although they still would be underdog, I believe they would hold their own.  Pleasant Grove could not hang with Nashville on a yearly basis.  Ashdown and Pleasant Grove would be a better comparison.  A much better traditional match-up by comparison would be Gilmer vs Nashville.   

Hawgpilot

I'm interested in Lone Star athletics as well.  It appears we are moving to the Dallas area(Argyle, I believe) in 2019 and I know nothing about any of the high schools there.

friscokid

August 01, 2018, 10:54:24 pm #3 Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:41:18 am by friscokid
I need to do a deeper dive into the numbers since every state classifies differently and Texas counts enrollment 9-12 while Arkansas does it 10-12. But 4A in both states are fairly close and Argyle is right among the elite every year along with Gilmer and Carthage. You'll enjoy seeing Argyle play. Them against Warren in Texarkana or against Nashville at Mt. Pleasant would be fantastic.

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas