• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton Basketball (reposted from 1A board)

Started by Rida4Life, May 09, 2018, 09:04:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

ak58

😂😂 Hampton Folks, will y'all please put in a bid for 2A state tournaments again. By far the best state tournament I've been to. Great hospitality and atmosphere!

Dapper Dan

When the Hampton boys get lined out and get 100% in basketball mode they are going to be tough to deal with.

baseball13

Quote from: Dapper Dan on December 03, 2018, 09:18:13 pm
When the Hampton boys get lined out and get 100% in basketball mode they are going to be tough to deal with.

we did last year just didn't get it

sickwillie

I like their chances this year. They seem to be excited to play under Coach Young.

sickwillie

sickwillie

Hampton bruised Lafayette today. Hampton beat them by 7 times more than 3. Number #2 was out for Lafayette for this game today.

hogman1886

Quote from: sickwillie on December 08, 2018, 06:32:26 pm
Hampton bruised Lafayette today. Hampton beat them by 7 times more than 3. Number #2 was out for Lafayette for this game today.

Why was #2 out?

sickwillie

December 10, 2018, 08:31:13 pm #58 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:51:31 pm by sickwillie
Hampton thrashes White Hall 79-56 tonight. This group is very talented.

Dapper Dan

Them hardwood dawgs are nasty.  Good players + Seasoned coach=success.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sickwillie on December 10, 2018, 08:31:13 pm
Hampton thrashes White Hall 79-56 tonight. This group is very talented.

Heard they had a kid drop 42 pts tonight...

sickwillie

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 10, 2018, 09:59:58 pm
Heard they had a kid drop 42 pts tonight...

I believe it was 40, maybe 42. None the less; He's a stud. And he's only a junior!

sickwillie

Quote from: Dapper Dan on December 10, 2018, 09:02:24 pm
Them hardwood dawgs are nasty.  Good players + Seasoned coach=success.

You're right, Dan. And they're solid across the bench. Atleast 12 guys can go in and score at any given time.

Dapper Dan

December 10, 2018, 10:51:49 pm #63 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:49:03 am by Dapper Dan
I agree...

sickwillie

They play the reigning Louisiana champions from the class C, Summerfield, Thursday in the Dual State Tournament semi finals. 

sickwillie

Hampton fell short last night to Summerfield

riccoar

December 14, 2018, 10:27:22 am #67 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:29:08 am by riccoar
Quote from: baseball13 on December 14, 2018, 10:01:56 am
What was the score?

Final
Summerfield       60
Hampton            40

thabeast428

Jc has to play summerfield tomorrow in the finals

old.dole

sickwillie

Quote from: old.dole on December 14, 2018, 11:47:25 am
Summerfield that good or Hampton off?

I'd say a little bit of both, but it mainly comes down to Summerfield's excellent defense. I heard Coach Young say that they had a small lead mid way through the 3rd quarter, and then they just couldn't score. They missed a ton of freethrows, but the rebels just slowly pulled away.

YOUKNOWWHO

Quote from: old.dole on December 14, 2018, 11:47:25 am
Summerfield that good or Hampton off?

Hampton aint as good as da scores have been reflecting. day have played a lot of subpar teams.

sickwillie

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The lady Bulldogs are getting destroyed by marmaduke at pangburn

ak58

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 15, 2018, 03:52:35 pm
The lady Bulldogs are getting destroyed by marmaduke at pangburn
what's the score? SH girls were up on on them 31-7 at half on a cold shooting night and called off the dogs early 3rdQ. I'm sure Mduke girls are as salty once again.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: ak58 on December 15, 2018, 05:29:14 pm
what's the score? SH girls were up on on them 31-7 at half on a cold shooting night and called off the dogs early 3rdQ. I'm sure Mduke girls are as salty once again.

Mercy rule. Not sure of final.

Yes m-duke looked good.

sickwillie

old.dole

Just looked at max preps and Hampton has a big 2 days ahead of them. How do you think they hold up on bac to back big games

sickwillie

Quote from: old.dole on December 16, 2018, 04:58:57 pm
Just looked at max preps and Hampton has a big 2 days ahead of them. How do you think they hold up on bac to back big games

PC and Bearden should pose significant challenges so it will be interesting to see how they respond. They have played a bunch of games in 2 weeks so I think conditioning won't be a factor. Had 3 straight last thurs- sat. Summerfield showed their strength with 10 point win over JC so Hampton schedule has been ok. I think dogs looking forward to being at home for 2 straight. Should be fun with PC coming to town for obvious reasons

AA Insider

RedWolf275

Quote from: ak58 on December 15, 2018, 05:29:14 pm

Marmaduke girls will probably finish #3 in the 2A-3 girls behind Melbourne and Riverside. Riverside already has a 30 point win over them.

sickwillie

PC shot lights out last night in 1st half and my Dogs couldnt ever get going on offense . Trojans 58-53.  need to wake up before tonight as Bearden comes to town

old.dole

Watched on yalls livestream. Y'all got a couple that can flat out play

Yogi bear

I've seen a few of the teams in the conference play already. Woodlawn definitely has some shooters.  If we only take four teams to regionals gonna be a couple of good teams left out.

old.dole

Dapper Dan

I think the dawgs look to bounce back from last nights lost to PC. I think they beat Bearden by 10+

old.dole

Dapper Dan

Glad to see the real dawgs stand up.. we had no business losing to PC. But it is what it is.. dawgs beat Bearden big tonight

Yogi bear

Dogs looked good last night. Bears didn't play their best game maybe we can give y'all a better game at our house.

Splash199

Going to be a fun night tomorrow night at Woodlawn in our renovated gym!  Should be two great Sr girls and boys games. My prediction, many 3's will be shot!

Dapper Dan

Quote from: Splash199 on December 19, 2018, 11:23:10 pm
Going to be a fun night tomorrow night at Woodlawn in our renovated gym!  Should be two great Sr girls and boys games. My prediction, many 3's will be shot!

I agree with that...should be a high scoring game

sickwillie

Hampton beats woodlawn90-72. Big win for dogs on road as they have struggled over there in the past. I think Hampton is 9-3 now and 3-1 in conference. Also heard Lafayette beat junction last night

Dragon I

Just not a good time in JC right now.  I don't think basketball is the main focus.  Some things in life are bigger than sports.

sickwillie

Quote from: Dragon I on December 21, 2018, 07:35:21 pm
Just not a good time in JC right now.  I don't think basketball is the main focus.  Some things in life are bigger than sports.
Very meaningless upside of tragedy that has happened. Hopefully the family and community can soon use basketball as a way to heal. Prayers from Bulldog country

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas