• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Haskell Harmony Grove Head Football Coach-Mike Guthrie

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 16, 2018, 01:27:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Does anyone have any info on Mike Guthrie? Experience? Record of where he has coached before? Style of Offensive/Defense? General Attitude? If anyone knows anything. Please share.

tmycjy

yes I do he was a  coach in Wynne ,AR and learn everything he know from the master Coach Don Campbell

here coach Wynne 7th Grade football team for 4 or 5 years then went from coaching the 7th grade to head coach of are 9th grade team after about 4 or 5 years of coaching then he left Wynne to be a asst. high school coach with head coach mark Uhiron at Lonoke for about 4 year after Guthrie left and Head Coach Uhiron left Guthrie left and became head coach at Lincoln for about 4 year then after that he went to Cederville for about 3 or 4 year after that he left there to be ast. coach at Van Buren where his wife was work and he coach for like 3 years after that they left for the little rock area and he went to North Pulaski to coach for about 2 or 3 years after that as far as I know he was at Bauxite the rest of the time at one point he was interim head coach at Bauxite if he was anywhere else I don't know then but I had his class when he was coaching in Wynne, AR and had his wife class also when she was teaching in Wynne  now every place he was head coach at he ran  Dimmond T offense that was Don Campbell offense for defense side I don't know what he was running I think he left it up to the defense Coach that coach with him   

Rabhog

I wish he was still at Lonoke as head coach his wife was asst. principal

Mulerider4Life

The diamond T? How much difference is this compared to the Wing T or the Dead T? I know Patton ran the Dead T with success at Bauxite this past year?

Made

Mulerider4Life

I know Coach Jimmy Red Parker ran the wishbone and had decent success. We just didn't have the O-Line or Defense to support it.

whippersnapper

Coach Campbell's diamond t is based off of 2 main plays...the trap and power sweep. It isn't the pistol diamond formation you see so many colleges running now. If you wanna see more of this offense the only school I know of running it now is Piggott. Shouldnt be hard to find a highlight video of them on hudl.

tmycjy

you want to see diamond T in action then go to www.youtube.com and type in Piggott, AR High School Football and see what come up this is not a plug for You tube just tell people where they might see this offense in actions

Eagle20

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 19, 2018, 12:33:03 pm
I know Coach Jimmy Red Parker ran the wishbone and had decent success. We just didn't have the O-Line or Defense to support it.
Did you play for Coach Parker?

Mulerider4Life

I did my Senior year. Played just a few games. I should have joined the team earlier. Got to hear some of the best stories from him.

Moneymike

I think it's a great hire!! guy will make those kids tough! met him a few times when he was at Bauxite and is a solid individual! HG may take some lumps a few games, but don't be surprised if they don't have but one down year!! Good Luck to Coach Guthrie. Don't sleep on the Cardinals

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Moneymike on March 31, 2018, 04:23:15 pm
I think it's a great hire!! guy will make those kids tough! met him a few times when he was at Bauxite and is a solid individual! HG may take some lumps a few games, but don't be surprised if they don't have but one down year!! Good Luck to Coach Guthrie. Don't sleep on the Cardinals

What kind of attitude/philosophy did he have?

beaverfan007

Mulerider4Life

Wow, Harmony Grove has some tough games ahead of them!

beach bum

The guy took Cedarville to the 3A quarterfinals back near 2008 or 2009. One of those years if I remember right.... Those are the only playoff wins for Cedarville in its history I believe. If you can win some games there you obviously are doing something right and a decent coach.

Mulerider4Life

Mr. Mercer

Quote from: Moneymike on March 31, 2018, 04:23:15 pm

Always thought Guthrie did a good job at Bauxite his one year, but he also had a stud who he made sure touched the ball quite a bit. Think he does a good job of getting kids to play hard. My question is who in the 7-4A are they beating consistently? 

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on April 18, 2018, 09:36:18 am
Always thought Guthrie did a good job at Bauxite his one year, but he also had a stud who he made sure touched the ball quite a bit. Think he does a good job of getting kids to play hard. My question is who in the 7-4A are they beating consistently?

It will take a few years, but I think fountain lake should be competitive. As well as Malvern. 

BisonFan1

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 19, 2018, 05:24:12 pm
Coach Campbell's diamond t is based off of 2 main plays...the trap and power sweep. It isn't the pistol diamond formation you see so many colleges running now. If you wanna see more of this offense the only school I know of running it now is Piggott. Shouldnt be hard to find a highlight video of them on hudl.

Coach Uhiren, another Don Campbell disciple, also runs the Diamond T at Carlisle. 

BM22

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on April 18, 2018, 09:36:18 am
Yeah, Guthrie did at solid job as the interim HC for Bauxite back in 2014, finishing 4-6. Bauxite is the only team HG can prolly beat on a consistent basis. I figure most years, the loser of the HG/Bauxite game will finish last in the 7-4A. The Miners have a losing series record vs all 7 members of their conference, which includes an 0-2 record against HG. Bauxite is 5-45-1 against current 7-4A members. This conference is so brutal on a week to week basis for teams such as the Miners and Cardinals.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas