• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-3 District Tournament at Carlisle

Started by NEark tigers, February 06, 2018, 01:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Any information on the conference tournament....post here,  Thanks!!

NEark tigers

Not sure of the final regular standings, but I presume the top seeds for the North and South Divisions

Boys: 1N  Earle
         1S  Clarendon

Girls:  1N  Earle
          1S  Carlisle

Bildo

You are correct with the top seeds. There are some games Friday that have to be played yet but the boys for the south are
2) Brinkley
3) Carlisle
4) PW
5) Hazen

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on February 06, 2018, 02:52:15 pm
You are correct with the top seeds. There are some games Friday that have to be played yet but the boys for the south are
2) Brinkley
3) Carlisle
4) PW
5) Hazen

Drops way off after Claredon

Bildo

A lot of conferences would drop way off after Clarendon... they are very good. But yes... the north is WAY better than the south as a whole.

HoopKing

Bildo

1) Carlisle
2) Brinkley
3) Hazen
4) Clarendon
5) PW

Ctucker

Quote from: Bildo on February 06, 2018, 05:46:32 pm
A lot of conferences would drop way off after Clarendon... they are very good. But yes... the north is WAY better than the south as a whole.
if Brinkley is 2 then no conference would drop that bad off!

MomaLion

It's the same way in girls after Carlisle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

HoopKing

Des arc girls are in the north division which isn't completely done. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HoopKing on February 07, 2018, 06:27:21 am
Des arc girls are in the north division which isn't completely done.

You are right, I forgot, divisions and conferences and splits and yatta yatta. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc girls play someone at 4:00 Monday. Have not seen anything on the boys.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc boys play Brinkley Monday at 830

Bildo

Monday
Girls DA vs PW at 4
Boys Augusta vs Hazen at 5:30
Girls Brinkley vs Cross County at 7
Boys Brinkley vs DA at 8:30

Tuesday
Girls Hazen vs Augusta at 4
Boys Carlisle vs Cross County at 5:30
Girls McCrory vs Clarendon at 7
Boys McCrory vs PW at 8:30

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I guess this district thread isn't important enough to get stickied to the top of the page.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on February 10, 2018, 12:05:03 pm
Monday
Girls DA vs PW at 4

Tuesday
Thanks for the info 😊

Ctucker

WCC and England are top 2 seeds and our District and we have to play first round can the districts just do the tourney how ever they want too?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 03:47:00 pm
WCC and England are top 2 seeds and our District and we have to play first round can the districts just do the tourney how ever they want too?

I guess, cause clarendon and Earle got byes to the 3rd round.

Ctucker

Wow that's kind of crazy so they are automatically in regions. I seen we're Marktree is playing in first round too!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 03:56:43 pm
Wow that's kind of crazy so they are automatically in regions. I seen we're Marktree is playing in first round too!

Yea, I like the reward for winning conference.

Ctucker

Me too! But it seems they would make all conferences do the same thing!

Bildo

Each conference agree on a "constitution" that determines seedlings, how they will be ranked etc. With the blended conferences, everyone had different challenges. Our conference is like a regional... Carlisle has only played one team from the "north" and it was Des Arc because we needed to fill an open date.

Ctucker

Every conference has teams that has t played each other they should have done it the same in ever tourney! But really doesn't matter it goes back to normal next year!

NEark tigers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2018, 03:59:29 pm
Yea, I like the reward for winning conference.
Yeah, that is something ole Des Arc will never experience in basketball....just sayin

#EarleBoys9XSC

#EarleGirls1XSC

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 10, 2018, 05:27:24 pm
Yeah, that is something ole Des Arc will never experience in basketball....just sayin

#EarleBoys9XSC

#EarleGirls1XSC

Awww poor little fellar is still hims little feelings.

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 05:01:29 pm
Every conference has teams that has t played each other they should have done it the same in ever tourney! But really doesn't matter it goes back to normal next year!
Why? What difference does it make to you how another conference determines their representatives? They all voted on it and agreed to it. Same as everyone else in that respect.

Ctucker

Bildo I guess I don't care we are all governed by Aaa I just figured they would do them all the same! My bad for wandering why it was different! I do know one thing I don't like you!

Ice Water

It's not feasible to do them uniformly when some leagues have 10 teams and others have 6.

Ctucker

Quote from: Ice Water on February 10, 2018, 09:53:37 pm
It's not feasible to do them uniformly when some leagues have 10 teams and others have 6.
I can understand that! I don't have a problem with it just figured they would all be the same!Before they did this blended stuff our district gave byes and I liked it. I think that's the way it should be!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 10, 2018, 01:37:15 pm
I guess this district thread isn't important enough to get stickied to the top of the page.

Its Just a bunch of football schools in this district... ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 10, 2018, 10:22:18 pm

Its Just a bunch of football schools in this district... ;)

Now now, you are gonna hurt the 900x world champion Earle posters feelings saying that.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 03:56:43 pm
Hey,  we would rather play. It's not good to get cold this time of year. But it would more than likely end the same either way.

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 09:38:56 pm
Bildo I guess I don't care we are all governed by Aaa I just figured they would do them all the same! My bad for wandering why it was different! I do know one thing I don't like you!
Lol. You don't like me because I don't agree with you and see it your way. Why didn't your conference do it like us? Did you ever stop to think that doing it the way we do, gives the teams at the bottom a chance to make regionals? They can play into the 3rd or 4th place spot instead of getting steamrolled in their first game against the 1 or the 2 seed.

Crap... there I go talking sense again.

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on February 10, 2018, 09:31:00 pm
Why? What difference does it make to you how another conference determines their representatives? They all voted on it and agreed to it. Same as everyone else in that respect.
Agreed... concentrate on your own path to state,  not ours.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ice Water on February 10, 2018, 09:53:37 pm
+1

MomaLion

Quote from: Bildo on February 11, 2018, 08:53:56 am
Lol. You don't like me because I don't agree with you and see it your way. Why didn't your conference do it like us? Did you ever stop to think that doing it the way we do, gives the teams at the bottom a chance to make regionals? They can play into the 3rd or 4th place spot instead of getting steamrolled in their first game against the 1 or the 2 seed.

Crap... there I go talking sense again.
Lol that darn common sense 😀😀😀

Ctucker

Dude all I was saying is I figured it would be the same in all conferences did not realize conferences could do it how they wanted! If u would read my post I said I like that way better! And I don't like u beaches you are a well can't say it on here!i never said it wasn't a good ideal I think it's great ideal and if you read everything I wrote u would have seen it! But u just won't to run your mouth!

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2018, 09:00:18 am
Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2018, 09:00:18 am
Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 09:56:51 pm
I can understand that! I don't have a problem with it just figured they would all be the same!Before they did this blended stuff our district gave byes and I liked it. I think that's the way it should be!

Ctucker

Ctucker

There is to many teams in postseason now as it is a 4th place team in district should not make region a 4th place team in region should not make state top 2 only is my opionion and it will be my opionion even if our boys get beat in semi finals of district!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2018, 09:42:04 am
There is to many teams in postseason now as it is a 4th place team in district should not make region a 4th place team in region should not make state top 2 only is my opionion and it will be my opionion even if our boys get beat in semi finals of district!

::)

Ctucker

Of course with only 3 regions you almost have to in 2a! That post really didn't have any thing to do with others! I just fill like when it goes back to 4 regions 2 out of each region is plenty!

Mr. Trill

Ctucker

We would not have made State last year if it was like that, but that's how I feel! Since they went  to 4 out of district and region how many times has a 3 or 4th seed won state! I don't even know when they changed it it use to be just 2

HorseFeathers

Without doing research I can name 1 runner-up and a state champ that wouldn't have made it with that system

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bildo on February 10, 2018, 12:05:03 pm
Monday
Girls DA vs PW at 4

Tuesday

Got the rest...and maybe some complete seedings? THanks

Bildo

HorseFeathers

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 11, 2018, 11:10:29 am
Without doing research I can name 1 runner-up and a state champ that wouldn't have made it with that system
who was it not doubting you just wondering and I'm sure it come out of the old northeast conference!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas