• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a Region & State Tournament Hosts(Brackets)

Started by BannerChaser95, January 11, 2018, 03:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Armorel....if you make it to the Mississippi River you've done a touch to far...

mv_fan

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 18, 2018, 09:00:51 am
Also if they use WV refs, advantage WV.

Maybe so, but no one beats the Refs at Sacred Heart. They've handed them several of their wins.

mv_fan

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 17, 2018, 12:01:50 am
Mmm... are you the boys coach? Girls coach? Maybe a principal or teacher? Could be a player.
You must be from Nemo with the amount of class that you lack. 😳

riccoar

Quote from: mv_fan on January 21, 2018, 02:51:29 pm

Maybe so, but no one beats the Refs at Sacred Heart. They've handed them several of their wins.
You've never played a game at Concord I take it.  When you are watching two teams play, that are not Concord, and the visiting coach is complaining about the officiating and point blank tells one of the refs, "I'd expect this if we were playing at Concord, but not here."  You know the reputation is legit.

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 12:00:26 pm
You've never played a game at Concord I take it.  When you are watching two teams play, that are not Concord, and the visiting coach is complaining about the officiating and point blank tells one of the refs, "I'd expect this if we were playing at Concord, but not here."  You know the reputation is legit.
Did they stick him?? I would have

Moonshiner

SackAttack

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on January 22, 2018, 04:07:34 pm
Did they stick him?? I would have
For the truth?  You have to let coaches have a little banter.  Now, if they start cussing and showing their butt, that's a different story.  This coach has more experience at the 1A level and knows what he speaks.

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on January 23, 2018, 07:47:55 am
For the truth?  You have to let coaches have a little banter.  Now, if they start cussing and showing their butt, that's a different story.  This coach has more experience at the 1A level and knows what he speaks.
No doubt!  Sometimes you can get calls by talking to the refs!  I was at this game now that I think about it! 

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: riccoar on January 22, 2018, 12:00:26 pm
Here we go again with officiating. It just so happens that there are times that teams are good enough they don't need "home cooking" to win. If they are good, they will even go on the road and win there as well. From my sophomore to senior year, we went 114-14 (36-4 sophomore year, 38-8 junior year, 40-2 senior year) and only two of those losses came at home, both to a really good Cedar Ridge team. During that stretch, I honestly thought that we just played well enough without the refs help. And if you haven't realized yet, I'm from Concord.

Backboard Shattered

I was backing up the Boss as he sat on the bench one night.  Ref missed a couple of calls I heard him say You know who I am? To the ref.  After about 8 calls going they're way we had 3 go our way.  Boss wasn't even coaching he was just sitting doing Boss stuff.  So I totally understand that all you gotta do is say something and all the calls go your way.  Another time Boss wasn't coaching but he called time out and walked out onto the court and said either get your stuff together or get out.  They left and I reffed the game with fellow 83 Crew members!  This a few years back.  And we called it fare

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: mv_fan on January 21, 2018, 02:56:29 pm
You must be from Nemo with the amount of class that you lack. 😳
Is this coming from a mount vernon fan? lol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: rebelfan on February 10, 2018, 01:21:47 am
The schools with bad gyms need to build new ones, but I guess they don't have the money. All of the 1A schools in this area have built new gyms in the last few years, so I don't see how they can and the others can't.
i could care less what the gyms look like as long as it has two goals and comfortable seats I'm in

Bomberman

Quote from: rebelfan on February 10, 2018, 01:21:47 am
The schools with bad gyms need to build new ones, but I guess they don't have the money. All of the 1A schools in this area have built new gyms in the last few years, so I don't see how they can and the others can't.
How many years is  the last few years? What 1a schools are you considering your area? 

BARNEY FIFE

NativeTexan

RedWolf275

BannerChaser95

I didn't know we were throwing around passed millages I have a list of schools in the south whenever you send money my way! Until then, you may have to sweat it out at the barn in Umpire.

riccoar

So, fan's getting tossed?  What gets a fan tossed by an official?  Surely not just banter.  I could see if they threaten or curse.  Anybody?

3 Dollar

Quote from: riccoar on February 14, 2018, 07:41:45 am
So, fan's getting tossed?  What gets a fan tossed by an official?  Surely not just banter.  I could see if they threaten or curse.  Anybody?

Threatening (gestures or comments)
Cursing
Making a mockery of the game
Insighting a riot
Personal comments
Gestures
Or just plain looking at an official or player wrongly.

A sports official has the utmost authority while on the field or court!  However, with that being said, the official should use common sense and not abuse that authority!

BannerMountainMan

Idk about y'all but somebody's gonna have to do something about calling charges when they flop and barely touch the guy

Fleaflicker

Considering region 3 finished up last night at 930 they had it in fairly reasonable.

dunkman

Region 2 Regional is very weak should be auto bye for ICC. Region 5 regional not much either.  1,3,4 has several strong teams these regional's should be interesting

1Lurker

Quote from: dunkman on February 18, 2018, 07:30:26 pm
Region 2 Regional is very weak should be auto bye for ICC. Region 5 regional not much either.  1,3,4 has several strong teams these regional's should be interesting

Region 1 is very weak minus Omaha and Region 3 is way overrated. Region 2 teams have beat up on each other but any team that comes out of this region can compete.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 19, 2018, 09:19:51 am
Region 1 is very weak minus Omaha and Region 3 is way overrated. Region 2 teams have beat up on each other but any team that comes out of this region can compete.
Region 1 has Omaha, Deer, Western grove who could be a tough out for any team. Region 3 is down in retrospect to past years. But still a couple good teams.

Moonshiner

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 19, 2018, 09:19:51 am

Just curious, how many of their teams have you actually watched play?

Moonshiner

Kingston boys will be a tough out for any team. 

1Lurker

Quote from: Moonshiner on February 19, 2018, 03:47:28 pm
Just curious, how many of their teams have you actually watched play?

Several. They've matched up with a few teams in my area. Region 4 is the only region I have not watched, but in my opinion, on paper it looks the strongest.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 19, 2018, 04:26:22 pm
Several. They've matched up with a few teams in my area. Region 4 is the only region I have not watched, but in my opinion, on paper it looks the strongest.
I'm a heavy Region 4 follower. Top to bottom it's decent. I think there are 3 teams who can play with anyone in 1A given the right night. However 1 will be eliminated, as Dierks and County Line are 2 of the 3. Bad draw for County Line if you ask me. Dierks has lost 1 home game in the last 2 years by 3 points (Kirby/ February 2nd)

Neckred

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 19, 2018, 06:07:00 pm
I'm a heavy Region 4 follower. Top to bottom it's decent. I think there are 3 teams who can play with anyone in 1A given the right night. However 1 will be eliminated, as Dierks and County Line are 2 of the 3. Bad draw for County Line if you ask me. Dierks has lost 1 home game in the last 2 years by 3 points (Kirby/ February 2nd)
Dierks is not that good.  County Line easy.  Dierks can't hire their own refs for this one.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Neckred on February 20, 2018, 01:25:29 pm
Dierks is not that good.  County Line easy.  Dierks can't hire their own refs for this one.
They may not be, they shouldn't have lost to acorn, period. However coming from the game I saw them play, they could play with anyone out here at home. Obviously just my 2 cents, so what it's worth to you obviously may be different to me. I just Know we hear year in and year out how CL makes the semis or the quarterfinals after not being mention on here. Then their posters come from the wood works demanding repect with the guy Perkins and the bays. So I'm curious to know what it'll be if they lose to "not that good" team. I'm just mentioning it so if it happens people won't be surprised. If CL comes in and wins by 30 then I look forward to a possible Kirby/County Line matchup pending Kirby handles WYC of course.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on February 20, 2018, 03:53:32 pm
They may not be, they shouldn't have lost to acorn, period. However coming from the game I saw them play, they could play with anyone out here at home. Obviously just my 2 cents, so what it's worth to you obviously may be different to me. I just Know we hear year in and year out how CL makes the semis or the quarterfinals after not being mention on here. Then their posters come from the wood works demanding repect with the guy Perkins and the bays. So I'm curious to know what it'll be if they lose to "not that good" team. I'm just mentioning it so if it happens people won't be surprised. If CL comes in and wins by 30 then I look forward to a possible Kirby/County Line matchup pending Kirby handles WYC of course.

County Line has posters?....I mean actual posters and not trolls like those guys that are supposed to be from West side?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 20, 2018, 03:56:46 pm
County Line has posters?....I mean actual posters and not trolls like those guys that are supposed to be from West side?
Linemans on here somewhere reading this as we speak

HorseFeathers

BannerMountainMan

doctor in the house

Quote from: 1Lurker on February 19, 2018, 04:26:22 pm

I am curious as to who you saw them play in your area?
Omaha and Deer are pretty dang good! I think that Kingston and Western Grove can beat anyone in class A on a given night...
Omaha probably has the best player in A and Deer, Kingston and WG each have a guard that can score 30..
This boys region is going to be fun to watch, if Kingston and Deer are not careful their season could be over tmrw night..

dunkman

I agree with Region 1 being good. I went and watched region 2 finals last Saturday night and they will have problems with any team 1 through 4 out of region 1 and ICC will be only one that will have a chance and after watching them and their not very deep after couple of boys. Region 4 no chance Omaha proved that when they played Bay and Concord. I do believe region 3 has good teams also. Not sure about region 5.

1Lurker

Quote from: dunkman on February 21, 2018, 11:13:12 am
I agree with Region 1 being good. I went and watched region 2 finals last Saturday night and they will have problems with any team 1 through 4 out of region 1 and ICC will be only one that will have a chance and after watching them and their not very deep after couple of boys. Region 4 no chance Omaha proved that when they played Bay and Concord. I do believe region 3 has good teams also. Not sure about region 5.

State Tournament will answer all this. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...

BannerChaser95

Quote from: dunkman on February 21, 2018, 11:13:12 am
Id be willing to bet otherwise. Omaha, Deer, Kingston and Western grove haven't played any of Region 4's top teams. You're assuming a lot in this post. I hope it ages well for you.

dunkman

I stand corrected sir. Region 3 has no chance Region 4 is good. My bad on typing.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: dunkman on February 21, 2018, 12:01:20 pm
I stand corrected sir. Region 3 has no chance Region 4 is good. My bad on typing.
I was about to say, Deer 30-3 beat 7-20 Western Yell County by 6 January 30th. Western yell plays 31-3 Kirby tonight, hope the game isn't that close for them...

doctor in the house

Quote from: dunkman on February 21, 2018, 12:01:20 pm

If Hutchcraft has a team in the tournament then region 3 has a chance...
I like that this years boy's tournament does not have a clear cut favorite.. Someone is going to have to play well at the right time and probably pick up a break or two...

riccoar

Will the State Finals be in Hot Springs again?

thebigman3

Moonshiner

South 45

All of us fans here locally are really looking forward to the tournament and sharing our new facility with the state. Plenty of plans and preparations are being made by our staff to make the event as enjoyable as possible. I'll be the first to admit its very hard to beat the energy created by a good game in a small gym but considering the amount of passion I've experienced from 1A fans in the past a little extra breathing room may prove to be a good thing to have ;D...LoL!!! Come one, come all...were all hoping for a great event.

bhartgen

playhard

Wonderview & Bay girls are set for a rematch of last years state finals in the quarterfinals this year if they both take care of business in their first round games. Then the winner of that should get a shot at Norfork for a trip to Hot Springs.
Probably the tougher side of the bracket. Guessing Kirby probably has the best chance on the other side of the bracket.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas