• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUNCTION CITY vs RIVERCREST @ WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM DEC 8 2017

Started by ISU7, December 01, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got for the 2017 3A title

JC
73 (60.3%)
RC
48 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

GrindTime

Somebody call Junction tell them I said order the rings  :-\ ..

Rida4Life

Dragons take this one.  They know how to win when they get to War Memorial....period.  No disrespect to Rivercrest, I just think JC comes out on top. 

thabeast428

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1072039052926399&id=182032701927043

Davis called it after the Haynesville game. Wasn't being cocky just wanted it and now they're playing for a chance to get it Friday night

bleudog

Quote from: GrindTime on December 04, 2017, 09:08:15 am
Somebody call Junction tell them I said order the rings  :-\ ..

No Bearden signs for JC.  Their WMS run thru sign was: Next stop - Jewelry shop.

Mt. Ida changed their travel plans with a last second field goal.

dawg_days

870ARK

fireman57

I guess we need to just stay home. JC has already won the game and order there rings. Go Colts

thabeast428

Yea go ahead and stay home glad u can save urself some money... Since u wanna say dumb Sh*t I'll give u a dumb reply

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Dragon I on December 01, 2017, 11:04:29 pm
Um.....they've made it 50% of the time since the move to 3A....anyone else got numbers like that? I think all of you mighty "3A" rejects are just upset because a school that shouldn't even be in 3A is ruining everything!  I laugh every time I think of all of those JC can't compete threads!  You guys are so full of yourselves.
What JC can't compete threads? What I remember are lots of "Nobody can compete with JC" threads.

THA TRUTH

U obviously haven't paid that much attention to post around here breezy

cuz

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 04, 2017, 11:14:32 am
What JC can't compete threads? What I remember are lots of "Nobody can compete with JC" threads.
And the Truth will set you free....😁

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bleudog on December 03, 2017, 10:06:37 pm
If it's like it has been, JC won't stream it live.  Not sure what it is now, but there has been a significant fee to get live video rights.  They have in the past recorded the game for broadcast a few days later.

Fox 16 (in conjunction with FF) has shown the games but it's broadcast area is fairly limited to central Arkansas.  Here's what they did last weekend:  http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/5a-6a-7a-state-championship-games-set/863540771

Here's a subscription link endorsed by AAA:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/57f31abdf0

Free radio should be available here:  http://1037thebuzz.com/listenlive/
In previous years, stations in other parts of the state have picked it up and broadcast as well.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 03, 2017, 06:15:31 pm
If we can get past Union County...
I have a hard time seeing Rivercrest winning this one. Team is so banged up, freshmen filling slots. #1 running back out, Linebackers decimated, and the list goes on. If the Colts had ALL their linebackers playing, I see a different game. I do believe the starters could partially stop that powerful JC run game. If the Dragons continue the penalties and turnovers, the Colt offense must take advantage of each and every one. Neutral field helps both teams and hurts both teams. The Colt linebackers will be the difference one way or the other.

However, it's a state championship game and I am a homer. I pick the Colts.

This has been a long and crazy year for this team.   I drove down to Wilson this summer during volunteer workouts and saw this team and said to myself, this is a state championship team.  I mentioned that statement to a few people who looked at me like  ???.  Fast forward to week 2 of the playoffs and I'm thinking, it going to be tough to win tonight.  We not only lost #1 and #7, but now #25 and #73 quitting looms big over this team.  Add in the fact that #4 was playing on one leg, most teams made up of kids, 15-18 year old would have folded the tent and headed to the basketball ball court.  Fast forward to last Friday night.  One of the guys that a I told this team was a state championship team said to me after the game," You said this before the season started, but I just didn't see it.  I replied, I didn't see this team doing it either.  I know there is one more game, but "this" team has the Hearts of a Champion  #finishdamission - Go Colts!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 04, 2017, 11:15:46 am
U obviously haven't paid that much attention to post around here breezy
There have been many times more "JC is the greatest thing since sliced bread posts" than anti-JC posts. Anyone not a JC loyalist would be well aware of that.

bleudog

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 04, 2017, 11:33:46 am
In previous years, stations in other parts of the state have picked it up and broadcast as well.

Agreed, but I wasn't sure what CW affiliated served MS County.

The CW affiliate that serves Union County is located in Monroe, LA and they have never shown interest in paying the fee to pickup the games.

dragondad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 04, 2017, 11:37:31 am
There have been many times more "JC is the greatest thing since sliced bread posts" than anti-JC posts. Anyone not a JC loyalist would be well aware of that.

And perhaps you only remeber posts that stepped on your toes.  Most posts like that didn't even come from JC people.  I know one thread that got a ton of action was started by a Bearden fan.

Danold Dump

The Dump is going with Junction City in this one..Much respect to Rivercrest though...dump out

dragondad

Quote from: Danold Dump on December 04, 2017, 12:54:23 pm
The Dump is going with Junction City in this one..Much respect to Rivercrest though...dump out

Well,  now we've got a strike against us already.  Thanks for the jinx, Dump.

THA TRUTH

dragondad

THA TRUTH

My prediction is a mercy rule win for Jc which will just show the 3a powder puffs the luck they have had the last 10 years not having to play the JC dynasties...

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 04, 2017, 02:31:35 pm
My prediction is a mercy rule win for Jc which will just show the 3a powder puffs the luck they have had the last 10 years not having to play the JC dynasties...

You skipped third and fourth gear and went straight to overdrive.

THA TRUTH

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on December 04, 2017, 02:37:12 pm
You skipped third and fourth gear and went straight to overdrive.

wouldn't last year be one of those ten years?

Coltfan2005

Just in case anyone missed 501, JC has provided their own version.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 04, 2017, 11:02:00 am
Yea go ahead and stay home glad u can save urself some money... Since u wanna say dumb Sh*t I'll give u a dumb reply

Another example of JC posters?

THA TRUTH

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 04, 2017, 02:44:44 pm

Tough coming from a guy who doesn't really even have faith in his own team beating JC

dragondad

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 04, 2017, 02:48:55 pm

The level of team?? Not even close...

I think they could've been if it weren't for 2/3 of the season dealing with prima donna drama.

cuz

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 04, 2017, 02:45:29 pm
Another example of JC posters?
While that isn't a post to be proud of at least he's from JC, where are you
from.😉

thabeast428

Quote from: fireman57 on December 04, 2017, 10:40:15 am
I guess we need to just stay home. JC has already won the game and order there rings. Go Colts

This is what I was replying to so don't get all worked up

Coltfan2005

Quote from: cuz on December 04, 2017, 05:14:11 pm
While that isn't a post to be proud of at least he's from JC, where are you
from.😉

From a little town called Heidelberg.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 04, 2017, 02:49:49 pm

Tough coming from a guy who doesn't really even have faith in his own team beating JC

And this makes so much sense. I know, we'll call him mini501! 501.2? 601? Jr?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 04, 2017, 02:48:55 pm

The level of team?? Not even close...

But it was one of the teams in the last 10 years. I remember you now! You were the one smashing the kids playing abilities when they lost some games. How you doing mini501?

501Arkansas

Oh no its only one 501 no jr. Give him his own name lol

cuz

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 04, 2017, 06:53:53 pm
From a little town called Heidelberg.
For some reason you sounded like you were from Piggott. Well anyway not a Colt....

amehr36

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 04, 2017, 06:57:56 pm
But it was one of the teams in the last 10 years. I remember you now! You were the one smashing the kids playing abilities when they lost some games. How you doing mini501?

I remember u as the guy who had to order a wife.... she leave u yet??

Dragon I

Hootie has JC by 2.......They got burned last week picking against JC, but it didn't take them long to learn.

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon I on December 04, 2017, 10:42:32 pm
Hootie has JC by 2.......They got burned last week picking against JC, but it didn't take them long to learn.

Everyone had JC picked to lose last week.  I actually prefer that JC be picked to lose,  puts that extra fire in the Dragons.

CalPreps:  JC 30 - RC 28
USA Today:  JC 32 - RC 34

Nomad1324

I've seen a lot of Rivercrest playoff football in the last few years.

Their biggest issues are when their offense gives the ball to the other team. The defense this year has played on a different level, sort of like 2010. I'd say that we could see a tight defensive battle, come down to who makes the last mistake.

bleudog

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragon I on December 04, 2017, 10:42:32 pm

They pick a team by 2 when they don't know who wins.

Skip Baymore

December 05, 2017, 12:17:33 am #143 Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:19:34 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 04, 2017, 02:44:44 pm

Is he a JC fan, or is he trolling and being sarcastic about some other JC fans in the past?  I'm honestly not sure here?

ISU7

Wasn't JC in 3A last season. 😎

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on December 04, 2017, 10:53:26 pm
Everyone had JC picked to lose last week.  I actually prefer that JC be picked to lose,  puts that extra fire in the Dragons.

CalPreps:  JC 30 - RC 28
USA Today:  JC 32 - RC 34
Not everyone.  The 2017 FF pick ems champion picked JC .He also picked all 7 games correctly. 😷😎

dragondad

Quote from: ISU7 on December 05, 2017, 03:37:02 am
Not everyone.  The 2017 FF pick ems champion picked JC .He also picked all 7 games correctly. 😷😎

Who's he picking this Friday?

AMHER63

Ok ppl this is a public forum so ppl come on here to talk trash not to brag or boast.  Everyone in J.C. knows that Rivercrest is a great football team and is going to be a tough win.  If they don't know that they are ignorant to the game of football, especially high school football.  Im from J.C. and I know some of these guys are just trying to get a good argument going because that's what they like.  So yall get after it.  Furthermore, I do think J.C. will win but I do not see a blow out by any means.  J.C. is a very talented team but they cant seem to put a full football game together.  They get up and coast and then play comeback.  They have a don't quit mentality, very physical, and very very talented.  With that said, they are very inconsistent at times and have a strong tenancy to make stupid penalties.  Just like last week, if J.C. can keep the penalties to 70-80 yards and play good special teams and not give Rivercrest a short field I say J.C. will win 34-28.  Good luck to all you trash talkers hope yall have fun and get the argument that floats your boat.  Hope everyone is safe and I look forward to a great game and being back at the Rock in December. 

GrindTime

dragondad

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas