• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville SS vs Arkadelphia

Started by SWAT524, November 14, 2017, 01:31:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAT524

Anyone got prediction on this game. I know Southside has some good receivers and QB.

cuckoobird

Goose0

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 14, 2017, 02:08:41 pm
SS 21
Arkie 14

Arkadelphia has not been held to 14 points all season.  17 was there lowest scoring game and that was against Robinson whose D is far better than Batesville SS.  Badgers win by at least 21 IMO, the question that will be answered on Friday night is can Batesville SS catch the Badgers backfield?

richboy

beach bum

Quote from: richboy on November 14, 2017, 03:18:19 pm
dang cuckoo you been for arky all year, what changed? Lol

The 2-4A got lucky in round 1 so he is feeling confident.... That will all change when his Birds and 2-4A counterparts go 0-3 in round 2

RyanLR

beach bum

cuckoobird

Only reason the 1-4a will have a team left after Friday is because peeridge may have the easiest playoff road I've ever seen in the first few rounds. The 1-4a went from 1st to worst in conference rankings over this year and last

Rugman15

Arky by 35 or more and if not then I will be surprised...

mharris31696

Hopefully Arkadelphia having a week of game prep won't hurt them like a normal bye week might. I think the Badgers take it but it may be closer than most think.

SouthernerPride

Southside is the real deal. Cuckoo knows.. come Friday everyone else will too.

Oldbadger

Badgers 45 Southerners 35.  Badgers know how to defend against this offense; Southerners run it well. 

richboy

November 14, 2017, 07:50:02 pm #12 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:20:01 pm by richboy
Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 14, 2017, 07:02:51 pm
nobodys scared of a team who barely beat bald knob, riverview, lonoke, and lost to heber springs. SS wont stop zion or cannon especially if you play players both ways. Arky will tire you down with thier tempo and the defense will be hard to drive on, they play excellent in short field situations averaging almost 4 forced turnovers a game. Arky hasnt lost focused in the playoffs since 2012 the basically bye week wont affect them. Arky by 21 or 28 . Ss defense doesn't compare to teams arky played.

snap crackle

richboy

Oldbadger

I guess this makes Arkadelphia, "unreal".lol.  Those "unreal" teams are the ones to worry about!lol

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 15, 2017, 07:00:25 pm
I guess this makes Arkadelphia, "unreal".lol.  Those "unreal" teams are the ones to worry about!lol
we'll surely see in two days! I'll be listening to every second thru my headphones at work.

JessieP

Arkadelphia wins this one going away. SS has been playing better then they are all year, this week they face an actually good team for the first time. SS has had a great year but the parade of cupcakes ends Friday. Even Hootens, who traditionally never post big spreads, picks Arkadelphia by 2 TD's.

RyanLR

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 14, 2017, 07:11:04 pm
Badgers 45 Southerners 35.  Badgers know how to defend against this offense; Southerners run it well.
I don't think their offense is nearly good enough to score 35 on yall.

bigchief72455

Arkadelphia will be the best team SS has seen all season. The same can not be said for SS.

The Ref

SouthernerPride

This will be a very low scoring game. I don't think anyone scores over 28. These are two of the best defenses in the state.

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 16, 2017, 01:42:55 pm
This will be a very low scoring game. I don't think anyone scores over 28. These are two of the best defenses in the state.

You can't compare the 2 teams. Look at Arkadelphia's SOS, it's power ranked twice as high as SS. Arkadelphia has beaten 5 and 6A teams. Like a previous poster said, SS hasn't faced anything close to Arkadelphia this year. SS has feasted on teams with losing records, Stuttgart is their best win and Stuttgart is having a very down year. SS has made massive improvements, no question, but they are still miles behind the 4A elite.

Goose0

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2017, 03:09:19 pm
You can't compare the 2 teams. Look at Arkadelphia's SOS, it's power ranked twice as high as SS. Arkadelphia has beaten 5 and 6A teams. Like a previous poster said, SS hasn't faced anything close to Arkadelphia this year. SS has feasted on teams with losing records, Stuttgart is their best win and Stuttgart is having a very down year. SS has made massive improvements, no question, but they are still miles behind the 4A elite.

To go off what you just said, Stuttgart would more than likely beat Batesville Southside right now. They started the season off very slow and have gradually gotten better as the year has progressed.

bigchief72455

And there is also the question of consistency. Will this be the beginning of several seasons of dominance or is a flash in the pan. Sometimes you just have a good group come along and that is it.

phdefense

Your post was on point until the red part where you seemed to try to exaggerate to drive your point home. Stuttgart is having an average year for Stuttgart which generally consists of competing for a conference title and being a team nobody looks forward to drawing in the playoffs. A very down year for Stuttgart would be 2014 where they severely underperformed and ended a 20-year playoff streak. Neither team can cite playing Stuttgart as a projection at this point. Stuttgart scrapped their offensive approach after the Southside game, where they had been trying to be a speed/finesse team with and empahsis on executing high risk/reward play. Since then they have changed to a blunt force trauma offense that has speed when it needs it. Stuttgart also changed what they were doing with their defensive front putting more speed in that area.

This matchup between Southside and Arkadelphia is interesting due to the contrast in styles. The badgers strongest attribute is their size while the Southerners strength is in their tenacity. Southside comes out on top of most of the "hustle/effort" plays in games. Which is I think some underrate them because intangibles are hard to rate and measure and that is why it seems that Southside gets "lucky" a lot. They are good at forcing mistakes and execute well. Their sums seems to be greater than their parts which is a testament to good coaching and good effort by the players. Arkadelphia on the others hand just keeps up the physical pressure until they find a crack and then they exploit it. I think Coach Eldridge along with Coach Hembree of Warren are two of the best examples in the 4A of "adjustment coaches". As a game goes on Arkadelphia seems to plug their holes and make their oppnents bigger. I think Arkadelphia is definitely the favorite in this matchup, however, a Badger victory is not a foregone conclusion and Southside has more than a chance at an upset.

cuckoobird

SOS is yet to be determined per 4a and playing sheriden and hot springs and acting like they are tough in any classification is ludicrous. There are 2aschools who could curbstomp them

hogfan10

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 16, 2017, 04:45:42 pm
SOS is yet to be determined per 4a and playing sheriden and hot springs and acting like they are tough in any classification is ludicrous. There are 2aschools who could curbstomp them

Agree, but although hot springs/Sheridan are not good football teams, they would still beat 99% of 2a teams based on #s,size, & athleticism. Either or both would beat a fair amount of 4a teams that made the playoffs. We shutout & beat them both handily, of course we did that to Stuttgart as well. ;D

mharris31696

Weather should be just about perfect. Weather channel app showing 67 degrees throuout the whole game. I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for some football.

Rugman15

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 16, 2017, 01:42:55 pm

Correction...only one of these teams has one of the better defenses in the state, and it's not Southside...

nomorewhining

Arkadelphia 31
SS                7

bigchief72455

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 17, 2017, 12:02:36 pm
Correction...only one of these teams has one of the better defenses in the state, and it's not Southside...
This is a true statement.

Da Truff

Best season in school history ends tonight, Arky is just to much for SS.

richboy

About that time for some badger football 😈

SouthernerPride

November 17, 2017, 03:02:12 pm #34 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:04:38 pm by SouthernerPride
Quote from: Rugman15 on November 17, 2017, 12:02:36 pm
you might want to check the stats before you make such an asinine statement. Southside is 1st in 4A with 20 INTs(which also leads the state regardless of classification), 8th in Sacks, and 6th in tackles.

bigchief72455

Quote from: SouthernerPride on November 17, 2017, 03:02:12 pm
you might want to check the stats before you make such an asinine statement. Southside is 1st in 4A with 20 INTs, 8th in Sacks, and 6th in tackles.
"Golf clap"

Nacho

They may be referring to the fact that less than 100 points have been scored on the Badgers and that's the main thing they're looking at. You don't win your conference if you're a bad team. I bet it's a close game just hope the Badgers win.

bigchief72455

I like SS. Just like giving them a hard time. They do have a good team.

SouthernerPride

Arkadelphia wins the toss and will receive the ball to begin the game.

SouthernerPride

Southside comes out strong on defense on Arky's opening drive and holds the Badgers to 3.
Arky 3 SS 0

Nacho

SouthernerPride

Southerners Caden Husky intercepts Turner. Southerners have the ball on the Badger 16.

MynameisJeff

Half the plays have came with penalties on both teams. Geeeeeeeeeezzzis

richboy

MynameisJeff

A one point it was 16-8 arky, southside had the ball driving after sacking arky qb causing a fumble and at midfield. Could have scored and once again flags on the field putting them 2nd & long, 3 & long. Every drive including the scoring drive they had at least one 3 & 15+ down.

Rugman15

Very impressive southside defensive effort today!

JessieP

Ouch! Well, we did get to see one of the better defenses in the 4A. SS had a great year, they have improved a lot over the past 2 years but they still are nowhere near elite. They looked totally outgunned tonight.

bigchief72455

richboy

RyanLR

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas