• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TECH Volleyball, Perfect Season 35-0

Started by Valleysports, November 12, 2017, 07:21:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

November 12, 2017, 07:21:09 am Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:19:51 pm by Valleysports
Congratulations to the Golden Suns for an Historical Season!

Longfellow

Quote from: Valleysports on November 12, 2017, 07:21:09 am
Congratulations to the Golden Suns for an Historical Season!

If you weren't in attendance for that match on Thursday, you missed one of the most exciting athletic contests ever

beach bum

That is quite an accomplishment.... How many teams make the NCAA tourney in DII volleyball? And how are they stacking up nationally? Obviously, if you're 32-0 I don't think it matters how loaded or not loaded your conference is 32-0 speaks for itself.

AllStarSportsFan

Quote from: beach bum on November 12, 2017, 12:04:09 pm
That is quite an accomplishment.... How many teams make the NCAA tourney in DII volleyball? And how are they stacking up nationally? Obviously, if you're 32-0 I don't think it matters how loaded or not loaded your conference is 32-0 speaks for itself.

64 teams make the NCAA DII tourney.  It's different from DI in that there are 8 regions with 8 teams per region.  Historically the GAC has only gotten 1 team in the tourney.  The GAC tourney starts Thursday in Hot Springs.  The winner gets the automatic bid.

beach bum

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on November 12, 2017, 12:26:40 pm
64 teams make the NCAA DII tourney.  It's different from DI in that there are 8 regions with 8 teams per region.  Historically the GAC has only gotten 1 team in the tourney.  The GAC tourney starts Thursday in Hot Springs.  The winner gets the automatic bid.

Ok thank you so much. I thought it was like the basketball tourney in DII.... It'd be something if they could get out of regionals and get to the final 8 teams left!

Longfellow

I believe they finished as the only undefeated team in the nation

Grond

AllStarSportsFan

Tech ranked 8 nationally now.  The regional rankings aren't updated yet.

Valleysports

Well they've been battling some injuries.  This is a ramp up for next year, losing 1 starter and excited about new recruits.  Expecting crowd attendance to be about the same as Razorback Football.  ;D

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on November 14, 2017, 02:22:24 pm
Well they've been battling some injuries.  This is a ramp up for next year, losing 1 starter and excited about new recruits.  Expecting crowd attendance to be about the same as Razorback Football;D

Lol

AllStarSportsFan

Tech ranked 8 nationally but 10 in the Central Region.  Figure that one out.   ???

freethrow

ATU - #1 seed vs HU - #2 seed

For the tournament championship

Tomorrow (Sat) at 2:00

Valleysports

Longfellow

AllStarSportsFan

Will likely play the #1 or #4 team in the country based on a game in Minnesota tomorrow in the first regional round.

freethrow

Monday    11/20/2017    7:30 PM    Division II Women's Volleyball Selection Announcement (64 teams)

https://web1.ncaa.org/NCAATV/exec/query

Valleysports

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on November 18, 2017, 11:13:53 pm
Will likely play the #1 or #4 team in the country based on a game in Minnesota tomorrow in the first regional round.

It'll be good experience heading into next year.     

AllStarSportsFan

Tech lost to SW Minnesota 3-0.  The scores were 25-9, 25-20 and 25-21.

AllStarSportsFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas