• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountainburg @ Conway Christian

Started by beach bum, November 11, 2017, 10:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Kind of surprised that no one has started this topic.... Glad guys like Dragonsvoice, prouddragondad, and some other Burg posters came out on the right side of what sounded like a great game to watch against England. I think that Conway Christian has to be the favorite in this game. However, I certainly believe this is a game that Mountainburg can spoil Conway Christian's season. I am a little worried about Conway Christian's ability to stretch a field with the passing game that Mountainburg does not really see that level of play in the 4-2A regular season usually. I'm going to lean Mountainburg going down in a narrow margin and I hope they prove me wrong though. If Conway Christian has an off night Mountainburg can certainly take this thing. I believe Mountainburg shouldn't be taken lightly and won't by Conway Christian cause I think Mountainburg is better than 5 or 6 of the teams remaining in the 2A second round including a couple teams that will even win their 2nd round game.

beach bum

I am looking for the 5-2A posters who got to see Conway Christian play give us an outline of exactly what their offense has at QB, skill positions, and line play?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on November 11, 2017, 11:04:31 am
I am looking for the 5-2A posters who got to see Conway Christian play give us an outline of exactly what their offense has at QB, skill positions, and line play?

Jacob Wood is the best QB I seen this year....kid reminds me of what tanner Gaines did at Hector for 4 years.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 11, 2017, 11:27:54 am
Jacob Wood is the best QB I seen this year....kid reminds me of what tanner Gaines did at Hector for 4 years.

Thanks for the input HF. That could be bad news for Burg then. In 2A, If you got a QB that is the real deal that is so hard for defenses to stop no matter how good the defense is. Mountainburg's going to certainly have to win the little battles like field position, penalties, turnovers, and converting 3rd and shorts to have a good shot at this.

mrk1027

Jacob Wood is an absolute difference maker, play maker, x-factor, whatever you want to call him and he sits behind a large and physical offensive line. However, he also has a very talented group of skill players around him. Difficult offense to slow down, haven't seen anyone stop them really.

Watch out for their defense. Their strength is up on the front and in their defensive coordinator. One of the absolute brightest minds for defense. Hard to rely on game film because their arsenal runs deep regarding how they can attack you on either side of the ball.

Also unlike many teams, CCS has a reliable kicker where they can grab 3 where most teams can't. He also doesn't allow many returns, puts it in the end zone most of the time.

Dragon_Slayer97

Idk about that mrk. Let's just say DC at CCS is losing more games for us than he's winning. The strength of this defense is the size/ physicality of the D-Line and #11 despite the scheme and defensive playcalling. When you are waiting for the offensive set to call your defense you are putting the boys in a tough spot to communicate and be ready for the play. Kudos to him for having the defense ready to play the last few games but to call him "bright" is simply not true.

Chief Sitting Dragon

I just want to return the compliment to England team and fans on the sportsmanship shown during the game and after it last night from England players and fans. I saw nothing but kind words and respect from England players after such a tough loss. It was one of those games you hated to see anybody lose. Both teams played as hard as they could and as fans we got to reap the benefits of that by getting to see the best game of the night in the playoffs. This game was what high school football is about. Kudos to both teams and fans. I know the burg respects the England program. I would like to see a foot race between #5 of burg and #2 of England. I might pay to see it!

mrk1027

Quote from: Dragon_Slayer97 on November 11, 2017, 02:13:19 pm
Idk about that mrk. Let's just say DC at CCS is losing more games for us than he's winning. The strength of this defense is the size/ physicality of the D-Line and #11 despite the scheme and defensive playcalling. When you are waiting for the offensive set to call your defense you are putting the boys in a tough spot to communicate and be ready for the play. Kudos to him for having the defense ready to play the last few games but to call him "bright" is simply not true.

Lol you know... this just kinda sounds personal. Maybe not the place to broadcast your grievance? Let's keep it about the game.

Unfamiliar with Mountainburg, other than I'm a big fan of the mascot choice.

Rolling with my Eagles in this one, anticipating a great game.

To Mountainburg fans, bring chairs! We are proud of our facilities at CCS and I believe that the visitor side is next on the list... How well do your fans travel?

beach bum

November 11, 2017, 04:57:29 pm #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:24:46 pm by beach bum
I am starting to think Conway Christian by 2 scores... Could swing to a tight game if Mountainburg is playing at a very high level or CCS starts misfiring in the passing game. Really hoping to see a close game here with a Mountainburg win.

raven

Quote from: mrk1027 on November 11, 2017, 04:44:25 pm
Lol you know... this just kinda sounds personal. Maybe not the place to broadcast your grievance? Let's keep it about the game.

Unfamiliar with Mountainburg, other than I'm a big fan of the mascot choice.

Rolling with my Eagles in this one, anticipating a great game.

To Mountainburg fans, bring chairs! We are proud of our facilities at CCS and I believe that the visitor side is next on the list... How well do your fans travel?

We usually have a pretty decent crowd at away games.

bearfan

Should be a great game but i have my eagles by 14

bigworm

I have seen both teams. CC defense is better than burg considering how they played us as a common opponent. But honestly burg O gave us way more trouble. I respect both teams but from an objective perspective i think CC wins by 10.

Good luck to both teams.

Hornet4ever

Would really like to see Burg win this one and continue on in the playoffs... Going to be a tall order though against a good Conway Christian team. Good luck!

DnA Prostaff

Good Luck Dragons! Pulling for you in this one!

ExemplaryChimp

CC quarterback turns busted plays into TD's, but that is only because the majority of defenses CC has played can't tackle. If burg can contain the QB, it's over. Burg's offense may give CC trouble too from the likes of CC has never seen an offense ran like they do before. Should be a good game, the team that executes the most will come out on top

bearfan

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on November 13, 2017, 11:57:56 am
CC quarterback turns busted plays into TD's, but that is only because the majority of defenses CC has played can't tackle. If burg can contain the QB, it's over. Burg's offense may give CC trouble too from the likes of CC has never seen an offense ran like they do before. Should be a good game, the team that executes the most will come out on top
i've heard you were pretty easy to tackle in high school

Eaglefan70

This should be a great game and there was a lot of hype about this game for a good matchup come second round.  Conway Christian spreads out the Mountainburg defense and has the ability to throw where most teams they play haven't.  Burg's offense is strange and something i've never seen before but is effective on sweeps with a fast #5 and a good quarterback #3.  This week CC just executes game plan and exposes the weakness of Burg with the passing game.  CC by 14. 

hawgball3

Quote from: bearfan on November 13, 2017, 12:32:42 pm
is that really nesessary

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: bearfan on November 13, 2017, 12:32:42 pm
I'm sure I either started over you or beat you in high school

Dragonsvoice

Well on this one I will not be able to go does anyone have a live stream feed to watch or suggestions?

As for the game I think maybe both offenses will give both teams fits!

I think it will come down to who has the least mistakes the only comparison you have besides the Danville game is the England game that keep it close but I know you cant go by that, so not sure.

but I think the burg will have a fighting chance to win if the play solid on offense and defense, but we havent faced many spread teams in 4-2a.

that being said go big blue!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on November 14, 2017, 06:36:02 pm
Well on this one I will not be able to go does anyone have a live stream feed to watch or suggestions?

As for the game I think maybe both offenses will give both teams fits!

I think it will come down to who has the least mistakes the only comparison you have besides the Danville game is the England game that keep it close but I know you cant go by that, so not sure.

but I think the burg will have a fighting chance to win if the play solid on offense and defense, but we havent faced many spread teams in 4-2a.

that being said go big blue!!!!

I think Conway Christian does a Livestream....

Dragonsvoice

Does anyone know what that link would be?

thevoice

www.conwaychristiansports.com

Listen live at the top of the screen.  The guys do a great job.

Dragonsvoice

Eaglefan70

thevoice

I actually think it should be video as well but I'm not certain

Dragonsvoice

well did we ever establish if the game is live stream or not but  we did come up with radio link right

Dragonsvoice

well its time, hope the burg has safe travels to Conway.
Good luck to both teams, but more luck to the Burg!!

Go Dragons Play like its your last game and leave it on the field ;D ;D ;D

mrk1027

7-6 end of the first Conway Christian leading

14-6 CCS first play of 2nd quarter

mrk1027

28-12 Conway Christian lead halftime

mrk1027

Prouddragondad

Worse refs I seen in s long time CC got some home cooking going on

mrk1027

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 17, 2017, 09:17:12 pm

Would you like to expand on that or just leave it as a general whine?

mrk1027

Hawgpilot

I beg to differ.  The CC defense just made stops when needed.

Prouddragondad

Seriously I've seen some bad refs and that was bad. CC is a good team and it's hard to beat a good team when you got to beat the refs to heck just watch our coach reaction should tell anyone how bad it was cause our coach get mad unless it's bad

Prouddragondad

Anyways congrats CC and good luck next week

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 17, 2017, 09:17:12 pm
Get outta your feelings

Dragonsvoice

Well congrats to CC for the win from what I heard on the radio sounded like a good game and team.
I wasn't there so don't know about the refs but prouddragon usually doesn't let his emotions get the best of him so there was probably some bad calls. probably on both sides of the field.

earlier  I said it would come down to who made the least mistakes and sounded like the Burg Made a lot of them especially in the first and fourth qtr.

congrats to the Burg for a great game and a great season we gave them a run for the money in that game.

good luck CC the rest of season you have a big test in front of you with Mt. Ida but anyone can win any Friday! ;D

mrk1027

If we are talking about the face mask penalty that was only marked for 5 yards, I had a great view of it from the home side and was sent a still shot from the play. The officials made the correct call assuming that touching the face mask isn't a personal foul or 15 yard/1st down penalty. The defender (Jevin Callaway) was going for the ball and his hand went across the face mask is all. The white hat called it as so because the mask was never grabbed ahold of.

I digress, Mountainburg played better than I thought they would, CCS could've won bigger if not for defensive mistakes. That is not an insult to Mountainburg players,

mrk1027

Coaches, fans, or anyone else. That was a good team I saw face CCS last night. Lots of talented kids on that roster. Congrats on a good season, a second round game doesn't happen for just everyone, it's earned.

On to Mt. Ida for the Eagles

mrk1027

Regarding the still shot from that face mask talk: I'll see if I can figure out how to upload... using mobile and it's a little buggy

thevoice

Penalties were Mountainburg 4 and CCS 2. Well played game on both sides.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: thevoice on November 18, 2017, 01:19:11 pm
Penalties were Mountainburg 4 and CCS 2. Well played game on both sides.
Burg actually had 6 penalites. 2 pass interference calls 2 personal foul calls and 2 offsides calls. The pass interference and personal foul calls hurt

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas