• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Danville

Started by PurpleGold1, November 10, 2017, 10:38:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danville or Rison

Rison
48 (70.6%)
Danville
20 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: November 17, 2017, 10:38:10 pm

PurpleGold1

bigworm

wildcat_x-mgr

Haven't seen Danville play, but I'm guessing they're pretty good if they're a top seed, and I know that's also a program with a ton of great history and tradition, not unlike us. Should be a good one! I have to go with my Wildcats, of course, but I'm sure it won't be as easy as it was tonight.

By the way, I love the fact that Danville made the legend of Petit Jean their program's identity! Super cool!

Bearden_Bear72

Gonna be a great game.  I can't make a prediction just yet

jsw6f0

I'm going with our neighbors from the north by 6.

The Beast Of 08

This one not being played AT Rison is the key...Danville takes a close one.
35-29

Goose0

Even if the game is at Danville, Rison starts off fast and finishes quick.  Wildcats win by 24

GreenMachine

Danville not playing in 3 weeks slowed them down just a little last night, but the Little Johns got the kinks worked out. They will be ready for Rison come next Friday night! Most likely going to be a very back in forth, low scoring game!

Risonwildcat212

November 12, 2017, 12:14:34 am #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:56:46 am by Risonwildcat212
Since I don't know much about Danville this season, the only gauge I have is a single common opponent the 2 teams have, Magazine. Danville earlier this season beat Magazine 47-12. Rison beat them 41-0 last friday. In last fridays game at no point was Magazine in a position to score any points. After the Wildcats scored enough for the mercy clock sometime during the 2nd quarter, Coach Totty put in most of our second string and they still couldn't score. In the middle of the 3rd he put in an entire team of 9th graders except for 2 positions, and they still couldn't move the football. Magazine scored 12 on Danville. I believe the Cats defence will stop Danville and the offense will do what it does, ground and pound.

Risonwildcat212

This was the first of the 2 game threads, so I'll bump it to the top.

BO_KNOWS

It's at Danville enough said! Rison couldn't travel to CHG and get it done so  Danville gets the win .

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 12, 2017, 12:14:34 am
Since I don't know much about Danville this season, the only gauge I have is a single common opponent the 2 teams have, Magazine. Danville earlier this season beat Magazine 47-12. Rison beat them 41-0 last friday. In last fridays game at no point was Magazine in a position to score any points. After the Wildcats scored enough for the mercy clock sometime during the 2nd quarter, Coach Totty put in most of our second string and they still couldn't score. In the middle of the 3rd he put in an entire team of 9th graders except for 2 positions, and they still couldn't move the football. Magazine scored 12 on Danville. I believe the Cats defence will stop Danville and the offense will do what it does, ground and pound.

I'm confident that the 12 points scored by Magazine were probably late in the game against the 3rd or 4th string of Danville...  I don't think there is much to compare here by looking at Magazine.  They have been a bottom feeder in the conference for quite some time.  Danville is big and physical, qb can sling it around pretty good.  They have a speedy back and a good line.  Lots of weapons.  I wouldn't count them out.

PurpleGold1

I wouldn't count them 'Cats out just yet, either 😉

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 13, 2017, 08:08:51 am
I'm confident that the 12 points scored by Magazine were probably late in the game against the 3rd or 4th string of Danville...  I don't think there is much to compare here by looking at Magazine.  They have been a bottom feeder in the conference for quite some time.  Danville is big and physical, qb can sling it around pretty good.  They have a speedy back and a good line.  Lots of weapons.  I wouldn't count them out.
I'm sure it was against the backups. My point was that even when Rison put in their 9th grade team (the whole team except 2 players) Magazine couldn't even score on them, they could barely move the football. Rison and Magazine could have played 2 more quarters and I don't think they would have scored. Magazine barely crossed the 50.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 13, 2017, 08:08:51 am
3rd or 4th string? How many kids do they have on the team?

HG Hornet

#2 for Rison carries the team to victory.  He's a hard man to get hands on. 

Ventman

I gotta go with the wildcats in this one.

PurpleGold1

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 13, 2017, 02:02:31 pm
#2 for Rison carries the team to victory.  He's a hard man to get hands on.
He does the most, undoubtedly. But he isn't the only one that Rison has.

DanvilleFan

Been a long time since Rison and Danville played, maybe even as far back as at Rison in the flood against Bracey and company!

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Oldman on November 13, 2017, 01:58:46 pm
3rd or 4th string? How many kids do they have on the team?

Idk, but they are moving back to 3A next year.  Roster says 44 with the freshmen moved up. 

DnA Prostaff

Like most of us 2a schools, pretty deep at certain positions and very thin at others! lol

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: DanvilleFan on November 14, 2017, 11:17:46 am
Been a long time since Rison and Danville played, maybe even as far back as at Rison in the flood against Bracey and company!
I was at that game. Danville was a really good team, but that Rison team was unstoppable at the end of the season.

DanvilleFan

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 14, 2017, 02:00:48 pm
I was at that game. Danville was a really good team, but that Rison team was unstoppable at the end of the season.
Rison was very good all over the field, Bracey wasn't the only stud out there. 

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: PurpleGold1 on November 10, 2017, 10:38:10 pm
Predictions?

I don't know enough about Danville to care to make an educated guess of the final score.  I know they have had some pretty good teams at times.
Rison has looked pretty good this season, in the three games that I saw.
Hard running team, as usual. Three RB's to pound you with, plus QB will tuck it now and then as well.
Was surprised that their first two TD's against Magazine came through the air.

One thing I know is that you never take an opponent lightly in the playoffs.
If Rison doesn't inexplicably have another 6 turnover game (that probably cost them a undefeated regular season,) I believe the Cats will come away with a hard fought win.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: DanvilleFan on November 14, 2017, 04:07:07 pm
Rison was very good all over the field, Bracey wasn't the only stud out there.
The other stud rb for the Cats was named Rodric Smith. It was a lot like having Dmac & Felix (I'm not saying they were as good). Bracey was power downhill kind of runner with tons of speed and Smith was an around the edges scatback that was hard to tackle in the open field. Also future NFL safety and All-State rb Tyrell Johnson was a sophomore on that team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas