• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC WEST BOOM

Started by InYoGrill, November 10, 2017, 09:32:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Well, well, the South got smoked this 1st RD. Nice showing tonight by the 4-0 West teams.

;D

InYoGrill

November 10, 2017, 09:36:14 pm #1 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:42:48 pm by InYoGrill
Postal, Deuce
Voice, Percussion
Panther Blue, Bobcat
Trackster, Paw, and ya'lls tail sniffin Posse

Please add your joyful comments and colorful graphics here on a job well done tonight by ALL WEST teams. Congrats on the 1st Leg of the playoffs!

PercussionMan

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 09:36:14 pm
Postal, Deuce
Voice, Percussion
Panther Blue, Bobcat
Trackster, Paw, and the your Dale Posse

Please add your joyful comments and colorful graphics here on a job well done tonight by ALL WEST teams. Congrats on the 1st Leg of the playoffs!

You beat me to it....I was going to post, "West Sweep, West Sweep, West Sweep!!!!"

InYoGrill

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 10, 2017, 09:41:02 pm
You beat me to it....I was going to post, "West Sweep, West Sweep, West Sweep!!!!"

LOL! All good Dawg! I am waiting for our neighbor animators to add some broom sweeping on this thread soon.  :D

Overdahill

Postal, Deuce
Voice, Percussion
Panther Blue, Bobcat

It's looking like a reverse sweep next week oops, cancelled due to not being joyful  ;D

InYoGrill

I got to figure out how to use something other than Photobucket. It sux these days.

South 45

So much for the "mediocre" explanation to the 4 way west tie. I have W.C way too much credit. Looking forward to a better game next week. GO DOGS!!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Go Postal

November 10, 2017, 10:03:46 pm #10 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:10:50 pm by Go Postal

The West Sweeps!

P.F.G.

Postal, Deuce
Voice, Percussion
Panther Blue, Bobcat

Man can't even get an acknowledgement

Go Postal

^^Grill use the image button and put your gif url in the center of the ][

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2017, 10:03:46 pm
Goblins pulled their typical Airedale move and came back from a 21-0 deficit to win 56-36.
Senior QB Dimanson went 12 of 16 for 150 passing yds.
He had 153 rushing yds.  He had a interception on the Rams while playing defense.

M. Martin had a interception on the Rams playing defense.

Sophomore RB Huskey had 185 rushing yds.

Dimanson, Caleb Huskey, Gabe Huskey, M. Martin all had TDs.

Goblins had 4 players with a total of 386 rushing yds.

GOBS rack up 536 total offensive yds!

The West Sweeps!

InYoGrill

November 10, 2017, 10:14:10 pm #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:31:06 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: P.F.G. on November 10, 2017, 10:05:41 pm

Hey buddy, there are like 3 dozen mutten posters. You were in my top dozen I was thinking of.  ;D

Half of the posters in the west are either from an Oklahoma zip code or go to THE U OF GREENWOOD and not one of you has started an ALMA gonna win the state championship thread for RD 2 yet?????? Come on man!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2017, 10:06:34 pm
^^Grill use the image button and put your gif url in the center of the ][

Love you man! Grill gotz some rust on me Skillz.

Go Postal

Grill, I'll do it for you buddy...

The West Sweeps

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2017, 10:20:55 pm
Grill, I'll do it for you buddy...

The West Sweeps

You da man! Thanks Migo and again nice to see the great comeback win by your Goblins!

pantherblue

Glad the West is down this year or these games could have gotten ugly lol lol lol

BillyJack™

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 10, 2017, 10:05:41 pm
Heck, I might even have to sneak in on this one.

InYoGrill

Quote from: BillyJack™ on November 10, 2017, 11:07:59 pm
Heck, I might even have to sneak in on this one.

Glad something woke u up from your coma away from the board BJ. Btw appreciate your service from one vet to the other.  :)

Paw-Paw

I'm away from my computer but I have the perfect image in mind. I'll work on it Sunday afternoon when I get back Grill.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 10, 2017, 11:56:00 pm
I'm away from my computer but I have the perfect image in mind. I'll work on it Sunday afternoon when I get back Grill.

Be looking forward to it Paw. Something over the top to show our West love and dominance.  ;D

PercussionMan

Quote from: pantherblue on November 10, 2017, 10:41:22 pm
Glad the West is down this year or these games could have gotten ugly lol lol lol

You ain't kiddin'!!  But, you know....seriously, the South is way down this year, and that's the only reason the West went 4-0, right??  Otherwise, the West is pretty average, right?? 

gameoflife

You guys in the West had a big night.  I didn't expect a sweep but I knew it would be tougher than some in the South thought...I don't think you will not hear from a couple of those guys for a while.  Congratulations, good luck and hopefully South gives you a better go next year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 08:49:02 am
You ain't kiddin'!!  But, you know....seriously, the South is way down this year, and that's the only reason the West went 4-0, right??  Otherwise, the West is pretty average, right??

Oh you west fans. Beat up on the south and act like y'all aren't just average. C'mon man!

PercussionMan

November 11, 2017, 10:04:42 am #26 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:06:58 am by PercussionMan
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 10:02:13 am
Oh you west fans. Beat up on the south and act like y'all aren't just average. C'mon man!

And, you think the East is so big and mighty (as usual)??  Your #2 seed just lost at home....and your #1 seed only won by 2.  The only legit team left out of the East is Wynne....you better hope they win Friday night, or the East is done.  Sure, Nettleton MIGHT beat Greenbrier since they have homefield, but they'll lose in the semis....mark it down. 

I'm not saying that the "West is the Best" and all of that, but they definitely have some teams that may surprise you.  They were called a "bunch of average teams" (by you, if I remember correctly), yet they all won Friday night.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 10:04:42 am
And, you think the East is so big and mighty (as usual)??  Your #2 seed just lost at home....and your #1 seed only won by 2.  The only legit team left out of the East is Wynne....you better hope they win Friday night, or the East is done.  Sure, Nettleton MIGHT beat Greenbrier since they have homefield, but they'll lose in the semis....mark it down. 

I'm not saying that the "West is the Best" and all of that, but they definitely have some teams that may surprise you.  They were called a "bunch of average teams" (by you, if I remember correctly), yet they all won Friday night.

The west is still very average. The east is way down this year compared to previous years, so.im surprised they even won 2 last night.

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 11:40:48 am
The west is still very average. The east is way down this year compared to previous years, so.im surprised they even won 2 last night.
Laughable! Not surprised to see this quote. I agree that since GW bumped up and other than Motown in 13, the west has been average with top 4 each year. BUT, to say the East is WAY down this year is a COP out. You have outstanding seasons from VV and Nton, yet you discredit them with your WAY down comment. Maybe LRMac is that much better this season with their win at Batesville and Wynne is dominant as usual. Even more crow for you to eat IF Motown beats Wynne.  ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 11, 2017, 11:50:01 am
Laughable! Not surprised to see this quote. I agree that since GW bumped up and other than Motown in 13, the west has been average with top 4 each year. BUT, to say the East is WAY down this year is a COP out. You have outstanding seasons from VV and Nton, yet you discredit them with your WAY down comment. Maybe LRMac is that much better this season with their win at Batesville and Wynne is dominant as usual. Even more crow for you to eat IF Motown beats Wynne.  ;D

Oh I've been saying it all year. I've watched a lot of football over the years, especially in the east. The east is absolutely down this season. Outstanding seasons from VV and Nettleton might actually be a hint of the east strength this season. You don't have to believe me, but it's just a fact.

InYoGrill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 11:59:11 am
Oh I've been saying it all year. I've watched a lot of football over the years, especially in the east. The east is absolutely down this season. Outstanding seasons from VV and Nettleton might actually be a hint of the east strength this season. You don't have to believe me, but it's just a fact.

Having BB in the East so many years, you guys miss them? Was it VV that bumped up to fill their spot?

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 11:40:48 am

**Yawn**  You're starting to bore me.

MDXPHD

Well,  you will be more bored after next Friday night lol.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 02:04:41 pm
**Yawn**  You're starting to bore me.

And do you really think I haven't said the east is down all year? Just because the west is average doesn't mean I don't think the east is average too.

Man, you west fans are so sensitive. Y'all don't lose very well either. I remember last year all the talk about the Wynne game and then all the crying after it. Take greenwood out, and y'all have had one team in the finals in 10+ years. I guess y'all every a reason to be defensive, but maybe try to make it to the finals and then tell us all how good your conference is.

JessieP

How can anyone argue the East is down? We were a very average Conference this year. As average as the East is the West is just as average. They went 4-0, good night. MDX made an outstanding point, take Greenwood out and over the past decade the West is JV.

the voice

Quote from: JessieP on November 11, 2017, 02:31:59 pm
How can anyone argue the East is down? We were a very average Conference this year. As average as the East is the West is just as average. They went 4-0, good night. MDX made an outstanding point, take Greenwood out and over the past decade the West is JV.
2013 state champs and beat pa on the way. And batesville in the championship. Your season is over. No need to hate. Again all the naysayers blah about the West. I say again when was the last time the east won state or even beat P.A. ???
Blah blah talk and brag about this and that and have great seasons only to fall short. The devil dogs being jv ended batesville 40 plus home game streak in 05 I think also. All of which I would not bring up but tired of hearing it. We play Wynne on Friday and they may win. But we are gonna show up
And play !!

PercussionMan

November 11, 2017, 02:40:54 pm #36 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:51:24 am by PercussionMan
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 02:24:15 pm
And do you really think I haven't said the east is down all year? Just because the west is average doesn't mean I don't think the east is average too.

Man, you west fans are so sensitive. Y'all don't lose very well either. I remember last year all the talk about the Wynne game and then all the crying after it. Take greenwood out, and y'all have had one team in the finals in 10+ years. I guess y'all every a reason to be defensive, but maybe try to make it to the finals and then tell us all how good your conference is.

Not being sensitive about anything....you just like to brag so much on your mighty East.  How many state titles do they have in the last 10 years??  That's right....ZERO!!  It has been what....13 years??  And, the only East teams that have been to the Finals in the last 15-20 years have been Batesville and Wynne, correct??  And, both have plenty of losses on the championship stage, I might add.  You say, "Take Greenwood out"....yeah, I don't like them either, but they were a part of the 5A West and will be again, most likely, and, they got there and won many, many times.

Since you were speaking historically ("10+ years"), in the last 20 years, you have 10 champions from the West and how many from the East??  3??  Wow!!

MDXPHD

For whatever reason, keep thinking your 3 loss morrilton team is top notch instead of being realistic. Pretend that a team like maumelle didn't almost make the playoffs and knock Alma (your one seed) out of it.. Brag about beating PA in 13 lol, I don't care. Hopefully, the west can do something other than lose and cry about it this year. I would much rather y'all do something than PA win it again.

the voice

November 11, 2017, 02:58:36 pm #38 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:32:39 pm by the voice
Oh I'm realistic in that they are beatable no doubt in that. All I've stated is they are one of the final 8 left this year. It's a fact can't take it away. Win or lose Friday they made it this far. We beat Alma. You keep throwing their loss to Maumelle in like it changes the seeding. It didn't. In the playoffs you play who you draw. We are better than the south. May not be much to brag on but we will take it.  I believe the games are won on the field not in discussion. Yeah I was upset last year over the Wynne loss. There was plenty of reasons I won't go into here. I hope morrilton pulls off the upset Friday.

Chief_Osceola™

Somebody's pretty salty today. The West won all its first round games.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 11, 2017, 03:30:52 pm
Somebody's pretty salty today. The West won all its first round games.

I'm happy for the west. It seems like they don't win much and don't know how to handle it when they advance in the playoffs.

the voice

l guess we should kick rocks cause we won. Be upset over the draws we had. 😂😂😂

InYoGrill

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 02:40:54 pm
Not being sensitive about anything....you just like to brag so much on your mighty East.  How many state titles do they have in the last 10 years??  That's right....ZERO!!  It has been what....13 years??  And, the only East teams that have been to the Finals in the last 15-20 years have been Batesville and Wynne, correct??  And, both have plenty of losses on the championship stage, I might add.  You say, "Take Greenwood out"....yeah, I don't like them either, but they were a part of the 5A West and will be again, most likely, and, they got there and won many, many times.

Since you were speaking historically ("10+ years), in the last 20 years, you have 10 champions from the West and how many from the East??  3??  Wow!!
SHAZAM cussion man! Speakin Truth Brotha

MDXPHD

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 11, 2017, 06:11:54 pm
   SHAZAM cussion man! Speakin Truth Brotha

But maybe there's a more recent trend of the east and west both not winning? Morrilton the lone exception. The only way Batesville can win one is if they get to play those poor little vilonia fellers I reckon. Right inyogrill?

InYoGrill

November 11, 2017, 09:50:18 pm #44 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:52:08 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 09:05:19 pm
But maybe there's a more recent trend of the east and west both not winning? Morrilton the lone exception. The only way Batesville can win one is if they get to play those poor little vilonia fellers I reckon. Right inyogrill?

Boy, that was blind chop block to me knees. LOL! Yes, painfully to admit you are correct. My oldest son's SR playing days were cut short in 11 when the Neers trampled the Eagles. Bad mems. Total beatdown and long cold drive home. V is and has been non relevant for years. Will see if some changes are going to happen soon or maybe not. You got me on that post RUNDMC.

Paw-Paw

Postal, Deuce
Voice, Percussion
Panther Blue, Bobcat

PA Bruin Fan

I love this thread, keep it going!!!

InYoGrill

Oops must have a been an accident pic.  ;D

Paw-Paw

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 12, 2017, 08:32:23 pm

Oops must have a been an accident pic.  ;D

I would say so, that ring has an Arkansas Razorback on it. #FireBielma

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 09:05:19 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2017, 02:46:23 pm
I would much rather y'all do something than PA win it again.

Finally, something we can probably all agree on....someone beat them, please!!  LOL!!  I'd love to see someone knock them off of their perch again....trust me, when I went to the state championship game in 2014, I sure as heck didn't sit on the P.A. side....I sat on the Wynne side hoping Chris Hill and staff had the formula.  Then, I watched it on T.V. last year and watched them fail miserably again, and I would have sworn that team had a much better shot than the previous team.  We sometimes forget that P.A. does know how to play defense when it counts the most on the big stage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas