• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round - Nashville @ Booneville

Started by ~WPS~, November 10, 2017, 09:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapman

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 04:22:25 pm
This is why I only get on here during the playoffs....maybe I'm just easily amused, because it's the same thing every year, but the entertainment is great!! Every year it's a 4a-7 or 4a-8 team saying "Booneville is too short and slow", "Booneville hasn't seen anything yet", "Booneville is no match for (star player)", "Our team can easily shut down the power run. Just look at what we did to (other team)"......and Booneville doesn't win every time this happens, so don't misunderstand me.....but more often than not, Booneville proves them wrong and it's hysterical when it happens. At least it is to me. 

So please, for my own selfish entertainment, keep it up!
Has Booneville beat a 74a team in the last decade?  Mena doesn't count.

elmerfudd

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 05:04:38 pm
Has Booneville beat a 74a team in the last decade?  Mena doesn't count.

Well since you're picking and choosing, remind me who use to be in the 7-4a conference before realignment.

Malvern and fountain lake for starters. Ashdown (2004).

cuckoobird

Nashville faced A run game half as good as Boonville's but got beat by dequeen in the process

elmerfudd

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 13, 2017, 05:56:19 pm
Nashville faced A run game half as good as Boonville's but got beat by dequeen in the process

This season??

~WPS~

Things have changed since then. We will see what happens.

Untimeddown

People that can count                    20
People that can count more better  42

Untimeddown

AJ Muchmore                                   42

That kid that walked on at Tech         20

elmerfudd

Kadem Ray                                            20

Kids the size of Kadem Ray's dad             42

nastynice

Quote from: Untimeddown on November 13, 2017, 06:08:29 pm
AJ Muchmore                                   42

That kid that walked on at Tech         20

We've never had anyone good enough to walk on at Tech

scrapman

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 05:23:18 pm
Well since you're picking and choosing, remind me who use to be in the 7-4a conference before realignment.

Malvern and fountain lake for starters. Ashdown (2004).
I said decade but I guess you are proud of that victory when today's players were like 2 years old.

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 13, 2017, 05:56:19 pm
Dequeen actually averages more rushing yards per game than Booneville and in a tougher conference but then again you never rely on any actual facts in your posts.

elmerfudd

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 06:25:10 pm
I said decade but I guess you are proud of that victory when today's players were like 2 years old.

Just like you said any 7-4a teams but decided to exclude Mena. You can fudge the lines but I can't??

scrapman

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 06:32:11 pm
Just like you said any 7-4a teams but decided to exclude Mena. You can fudge the lines but I can't??
Sorry. Ok, if it makes you feel any better you can count garbage teams that get drug in this league.

elmerfudd

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 06:31:09 pm
Dequeen actually averages more rushing yards per game than Booneville and in a tougher conference but then again you never rely on any actual facts in your posts.

One interesting fact is DeQueen lost (actually got murdered) by a horrible Mena team, yet beat Nashville.

elmerfudd

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 06:33:57 pm
Sorry. Ok, if it makes you feel any better you can count garbage teams that get drug in this league.

I honestly can't remember who use to be in the 7-4a conference. There may be more, but I get the 7 and 8 conferences mixed up sometimes.

cuckoobird

No 5a conference is better than any 4a conference. Good lord

OLDSCHOOL82

Cats are no dequeen so we may as well stay home.

scrapman

OLDSCHOOL82

Home = house.  Cats by 14 in a whale of a 2nd round game!

Lizard47

If Booneville's fullback has gotten healthy I see him punching holes in Nashville's gut all night long. And when they stack the box to stop him Ulmer will burn them deep.

elmerfudd

Dardy did a great job of stuffing the fullback. Their safeties were just a bit too eager to jump the lane on the perimeter and it burned them a couple of times over the top. Then again, if they hadn't jumped the lanes, the halfbacks run for chunk yardage.

OLDSCHOOL82

Lizard47

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 07:49:18 pm
Dardy did a great job of stuffing the fullback. Their safeties were just a bit too eager to jump the lane on the perimeter and it burned them a couple of times over the top. Then again, if they hadn't jumped the lanes, the halfbacks run for chunk yardage.
Exactly, but that fullback wasn't 100% then. And that's Dardy's D, not Nastyville's. Even at that I saw several good runs from him right up the gut. He is low and stout and has good speed for a battering ram.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Lizard47 on November 13, 2017, 08:04:49 pm
Exactly, but that fullback wasn't 100% then. And that's Dardy's D, not Nastyville's. Even at that I saw several good runs from him right up the gut. He is low and stout and has good speed for a battering ram.

Yep! He's a chip off the ol block. Everyone should be healthy by now. I just hope the bye didn't lull them to sleep

Lizard47

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 08:06:44 pm
Yep! He's a chip off the ol block. Everyone should be healthy by now. I just hope the bye didn't lull them to sleep
That is an unfortunate danger. You would have to hope that being a physical team your kids would be good and hungry to hit some good competition by now. I'm sure they are eager and healthy.

Top Shelf

OLDSCHOOL82

Stick around TS, I may open up and you can learn some more secrets!

GBattack

Best thread on FF right now...Booneville is winning at smack talk...hope it's a predictor of the outcome..#gocats

scrapman

Quote from: GBattack on November 13, 2017, 09:39:16 pm
Best thread on FF right now...Booneville is winning at smack talk...hope it's a predictor of the outcome..#gocats
Talk usually wins games.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 13, 2017, 08:06:44 pm
Excuse #1.......It was the bye

ABC™

I wonder if "Lil Gator" will choke like his dad did in 99.

OLDSCHOOL82

Talk does win games.  AAA checks all the threads at noon on game day and the winning fans get spotted 3 holding calls against the losing fans.  They relay the results to all schedulers throughout the state.  Pretty slick method of reward with no suspicion!

Nah...that's no excuse.  Any towns fans would feel a bit ancy if your team basically goes almost a month between a game!

scrapman

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 13, 2017, 09:52:59 pm
Talk does win games.  AAA checks all the threads at noon on game day and the winning fans get spotted 3 holding calls against the losing fans.  They relay the results to all schedulers throughout the state.  Pretty slick method of reward with no suspicion!

Nah...that's no excuse.  Any towns fans would feel a bit ancy if your team basically goes almost a month between a game!
This is good...we all know the AAA doesn't check or enforce anything. Good try though.

Untimeddown

Offense                                                         42
FB dive or throw it up and hope for a PI           20

cuckoobird

And apparently the crappers get all the calls no matter how dumb and witless their posters are. Just ask arkie, that one guy not from arkie, and the ashdown player who got the four arm shiver from the crapper coach....

+1 oldschool, hilarious

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 13, 2017, 10:24:10 pm
And apparently the crappers get all the calls no matter how dumb and witless their posters are. Just ask arkie, that one guy not from arkie, and the ashdown player who got the four arm shiver from the crapper coach....

+1 oldschool, hilarious

Forearm shiver, haha.

elmerfudd

November 14, 2017, 05:46:53 am #136 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:48:35 am by elmerfudd
Quote from: SCRAPYARD on November 13, 2017, 09:45:25 pm
Excuse #1.......It was the bye

If you're going to call out my excuse, at least finish the sentence.... "It was the bye...otherwise we would've mercy ruled them, instead of just winning by a couple of TD's." 😁

Untimeddown

Swamp Donkeys                             42

Nubbin heads                                 20

nastynice

Light Switches- 27
Baby's Arm Holding an Apple- 35

Top Shelf

thinks the last words to The Star Spangled Banner are "Gentlemen, start your engines."- 20
team speed resembles NASCAR- 44

elmerfudd

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2017, 09:20:55 am
thinks the last words to The Star Spangled Banner are "Gentlemen, start your engines."- 20
team speed resembles NASCAR- 44

+1 😂

Untimeddown

Coach Bobby Flay                   42
Coach Boyardee                     20

OLDSCHOOL82

Didn't lose to dequeen 34
Lost to dequeen 20

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: scrapman on November 13, 2017, 09:42:50 pm
Talk usually wins games.
this could be why Nashville has lost three games this year

Top Shelf

Neighborhoods- 44
Houses have wheels- 20

Gray lizard

I hope Booneville runs the ball all over Nashville with 8 minute drives and forces Nashville to 3 and out on every drive.  It couldn't happen to a nicer group of big headed fans. I say getum Cats.

ABC™

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 14, 2017, 11:16:58 am
I hope Booneville runs the ball all over Nashville with 8 minute drives and forces Nashville to 3 and out on every drive.  It couldn't happen to a nicer group of big headed fans. I say getum Cats.
I sense some real anger in that post.  Bad day?

scrapman

Quote from: ABC™ on November 14, 2017, 11:24:31 am
I sense some real anger in that post.  Bad day?
He is mad about that thrashing his team us about to take. Has to vent to someone.

nastynice

We're supposed to have rain and strong winds here Friday evening so you Nashville guys remember to bring your rain gear and long cleets....Been raining here all day today. Drove by the field earlier and it looks like a rice field. Should be perfect by Friday.

Gray lizard

Quote from: scrapman on November 14, 2017, 11:32:40 am
He is mad about that thrashing his team us about to take. Has to vent to someone.

My team is already out thanks to the Grove, but there is some good football not from 7-4A and 8-4A this year. No disrespect to Warren cause we all know they have a good shot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas