• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HS Lakeside vs Harrison

Started by Go Postal, November 05, 2017, 11:24:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

November 05, 2017, 11:24:42 am Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:58:34 pm by Go Postal
Hot Springs Lakeside Rams

Harrison Golden Goblins

The #3 West conference Goblins travel to the #2 Southwest conference Rams for the First round of the 2017 5A State Football playoffs.

S2 Lakeside 6-4 (6-1)
The Rams have a total of 879 passing yards and have 2490 rushing yards in 9 games listed. They average 374.33 total offensive yards a game.

W3 Harrison 7-3 (5-2)
The Goblins have a total of 1438 passing yards and have 2947 rushing yards in 10 games listed.  They average 438.5 total offensive yards a game.  They were in a first time 4-way West Conference tie this season with the Alma Airedales, Greenbrier Panthers and Morrilton Devil Dogs, which seeding had to be decided by the AAA.

Comments and insights are welcomed.

Deuceswild

2 of the best RB's in the 5A square off against each other. I am one of the few who got to meet them both and honored to know what great young men they are. This is a game I was hoping for since a summer camp at Hendrix. Great young men on both teams representing their conference. I feel like Harrison is the more complete team however it is at Lakeside and the 3.5 hour bus ride can always be a challenge. I still think we play well against run heavy teams so I will go with Harrison 42-27. I can Lakeside QB is good at times but still in work in progress. He has definitely progressed through the year so if he has a stellar game, things can change in a hurry. Good luck to both teams and remember Lakeside players, don't watch film, no working out and show up to practice 30 minutes late this week. 😂 should be a fun week for us.

redsport27

Quote from: Deuceswild on November 05, 2017, 11:57:22 am
2 of the best RB's in the 5A square off against each other. I am one of the few who got to meet them both and honored to know what great young men they are. This is a game I was hoping for since a summer camp at Hendrix. Great young men on both teams representing their conference. I feel like Harrison is the more complete team however it is at Lakeside and the 3.5 hour bus ride can always be a challenge. I still think we play well against run heavy teams so I will go with Harrison 42-27. I can Lakeside QB is good at times but still in work in progress. He has definitely progressed through the year so if he has a stellar game, things can change in a hurry. Good luck to both teams and remember Lakeside players, don't watch film, no working out and show up to practice 30 minutes late this week. 😂 should be a fun week for us.
This will be a four quarter game IMO. I agree, both teams can run the ball well and I also second that Harrison is a more complete team. However, you CANNOT sleep on Lakeside. The drive will be long for the Gobs and Lakeside will be rested for the game. I feel like it could be a game that could go to the 50's if the running gain for both sides work. It will come down to defensive stops. I can see Harrison sneaking a win out at Lakeside, but it won't be easy at all.

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on November 05, 2017, 12:26:13 pm
This will be a four quarter game IMO. I agree, both teams can run the ball well and I also second that Harrison is a more complete team. However, you CANNOT sleep on Lakeside. The drive will be long for the Gobs and Lakeside will be rested for the game. I feel like it could be a game that could go to the 50's if the running gain for both sides work. It will come down to defensive stops. I can see Harrison sneaking a win out at Lakeside, but it won't be easy at all.

If Lakeside is able to score 50 on Harrison, that bodes well for WC against Morrilton.

Go Postal

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 02:14:56 pm
If Lakeside is able to score 50 on Harrison, that bodes well for WC against Morrilton.
Just remember this season's rule of thumb when you mention any two of the three teams below in a sentence and you will do fine,

Harrison is 1 point better than Morrilton
Morrilton is 3 points better than Alma
Alma is 1 point better than Harrison

Go Postal

Quote from: redsport27 on November 05, 2017, 12:26:13 pm

Good to know...

incogneto

Harrison is my pick in this game.  I am basing this on the fact that I have seen Harrison and haven't seen Lakeside.  So my pick is admittedly uneducated.  Harrison has a nice squad. 

PA Dad

I'm going with Harrison.  I think they have faced better competition and have a more balanced attack.

Youngsta71701

Harrison outscores Lakeside in a shoot-out.

Ponca

Harrison coaches are already game-planning for PA.

Go Postal

Well, PA really needs somebody to play this year. ;)

Chief_Osceola™

From the looks of the 2 rosters, it will look like the BYU spring game.

Go Postal

This is the first year that I have seen that Harrison has a very big playbook and that the whole team seems to be on the same page on each play.  The defense is very sharp this year also.  The same can be said for the special teams.  The 3 phases of football seems to be covered this year on all games played except on the Greenbrier game.  Harrison's problem this year on a couple of games is starting too slow and had to play catchup for the rest of the game.  LRCA was up 14 points before the Goblins started clicking and they did lose the game by 7 points, but it could of have been a lot more.  They didn't give up and just kept going.  The same could have happened playing Morrilton, GOBS were behind 21 points, but that didn't stop them and they came back and won by 1 point.  They were up on Alma by 14 points at half time, but they forgot that the Airedales do their best in the second half and the Goblins had to play catchup and scored in the last 15 seconds to be 1 point behind and tried the 2 point conversion for the win, but failed to get it.  These should be a lesson because when we were not playing catchup, we played and left others in the dust.

I hope that the lesson learned will move Harrison closer to the Rock.  I hear that the Rams have a very stringent physical training that has got them to where they are today.  I bet it's like trying to run with a monkey on your back.

RamFan06

This should be a great game with 2 of the best RBs in the 5A facing off.  Husky with 1677 yards and 24 TDs and Swanson with 1676 yards and 27 TDs on the year.  Both teams throw it when they have to fairly effectively.

The winner of this game will be the team that controls the LOS and can stop the run. I dont think Harrison's defense is as fast or as physical as Chapel. Lakeside's O-Line took some time to get on the same page early in the season, but I expected that, they are all Sophmores and Juniors, not a senior on the 2 deep of the O-Line. Since week 3 they have pretty much controlled the LOS against everyone until they ran into Chapel.

On the defensive side, Lakeside is very physical and fast up front. They will pressure the QB and in most cases stop the run. The d-backs are undersized however, but make up for it with speed, physicality and technique. They can get beat if they are defending someone 6'2" or taller and the QB throws a pass that the WR has to go up for.

From the film I have watched on Harrison, this should be a fairly evenly matched game. They look to be fairly physical but not as fast as Chapel.

I am going to go with Lakeside in a high scoring game.

Lakeside   49
Harrison   45

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 12:44:59 am #14 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:46:42 am by Go Postal
I believe this is our Sophomore RB stats for 9 games.  I don't think he was used in the 1st game of the season.
Quick Stats
Total Rushing Yards   1677
Average Rushing Yards   7.6
Carries   222
Rushing Yards Per Game   167.7
Rushing TDs   24
Total TDs   27

But he is not the Goblins only weapon.

Chief_Osceola™

Harrison had the best D-line we faced in the 5A West, in my opinion.

RyanLR

That RB for Lakeside really impressed me in our opener. Again Lakeside goes 0-3 in nonconference but finished the season strong going 6-1 the rest of the way. I'm picking the Rams in the upset over the Goblins.

RamFan06

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 12:44:59 am
I believe this is our Sophomore RB stats for 9 games.  I don't think he was used in the 1st game of the season.
Quick Stats
Total Rushing Yards   1677
Average Rushing Yards   7.6
Carries   222
Rushing Yards Per Game   167.7
Rushing TDs   24
Total TDs   27

But he is not the Goblins only weapon.

According to Max Preps, and Harrison seems to have been right on stat entry and number of games played, Husky played in 10 games. I believe if he wouldnt have had stats in that game it wouldnt have registered he played.

Swanson is very similar however;

Total Rushing Yards   1676
Average Rushing Yards   7.2
Carries   234
Rushing Yards Per Game   167.6
Rushing TDs   27
Total TDs   29

If you think he is Lakesides only weapon, you aren't paying attention.

Again, this will be a very competitive game.

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 08:58:06 am #18 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:00:34 am by Go Postal
I think woopork, deuces, Elvis or gobfan can answer better than me if Huskey played the 1st game.  If he did, I don't think he was not utilized as RB.  Maybe I'm wrong, it could have been the only game that he didn't have over 100 yds rushing.

Go Postal

The Rams have very tough and physical players.  They start their training at a early age.

GO GOBLINS!!

RamFan06

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 08:58:06 am
I think woopork, deuces, Elvis or gobfan can answer better than me if Huskey played the 1st game.  If he did, I don't think he was not utilized as RB.  Maybe I'm wrong, it could have been the only game that he didn't have over 100 yds rushing.

He didnt have many carries in the first game only 13 for 58 yards. Same as Swanson, in two of our games he only had 8 carries.

You seem to be trying to defend him as if I insulted him somehow. I think this is going to be a fun game to watch because of these two guys.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 08:58:06 am

Gabe Husky only had 58 yards in Game #1 at Mt Home

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 12:22:40 pm #22 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:27:09 pm by Go Postal
Thanks for the info and clearing that up on both players.

Deuceswild

Huskey as over 2100 all purpose yards, but I do know our max preps has been inaccurate on several occasions with my own son so I got to image, the numbers are close but MaxPreps is not ESPN. I think it's actually our coaches that miss things, not MaxPreps but I don't really know? The games happen quick and I always catch things that I miss during the game.

PercussionMan

I'll go with Harrison, but I think it could come down to who has the ball last.  Ditmanson and Huskey are the keys for Lakeside....got to stop them both, which I think is a mighty tall task.  Is this Huskey related to the other speedsters from the past few years with the same last name??  If so, is he the biggest??  I see he is listed at 6'1"....if my memory serves me correctly, the previous ones were about 5'8" to 5'10" at the most.

Go Postal

November 07, 2017, 06:59:58 pm #25 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:02:31 pm by Go Postal
Caleb is a Senior
Gabe is a Sophomore
Silas was a couple years ago
I think there was one older than Silas and one younger than Gabe.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Go Postal on November 07, 2017, 06:59:58 pm
Caleb is a Senior
Gabe is a Sophomore
Silas was a couple years ago
I think there was one older than Silas and one younger than Gabe.

There's only 6 of them.

Deuceswild

So far, parents are on the payroll to make 4 more before they renew their contract, lol

Gob-Fan

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 06, 2017, 03:27:15 pm
From the looks of the 2 rosters, it will look like the BYU spring game.

That's funny Chief!
Now if I said something like that, being from Harrison, I'd get blasted. lol

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on November 08, 2017, 07:54:48 am
That's funny Chief!
Now if I said something like that, being from Harrison, I'd get blasted. lol

LOL I wouldn't have thought anything about it.

I mean, when I look at those team photos, I see a bunch of scrappy, deceptively fast gymrats who bring their lunch pails to the field every day. Probably more than one coach's kid in that group too.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Gob-Fan on November 07, 2017, 10:13:19 pm
There's actually 9 siblings.

Are any of them actually slow??  Because, everyone I have seen is difficult to contain....and, I don't just mean football....I think Silas was pretty quick on the basketball court as well.

Go Postal

November 08, 2017, 03:36:47 pm #32 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:22:55 pm by Go Postal

Practice, Practice, Practice

GO GOBLINS!!

Ponca

Gonna be a lot like the Maumelle game.

Harrison 42, Lakeside 14 is my prediction.

Maynard G Krebs

This thread voted Best Graphics.  Love it

Go Postal

Saw this in Hootens...

HARRISON (2) at HS Lakeside: This is the first playoff meeting between these programs. Harrison must endure a four hour bus ride. The Goblins tied for the 5A West title, and HS Lakeside finished second in the 5A South. Harrison puts up 440 yards weekly, showcasing sophomore standout running back Gabe Huskey (222 carries, 1,677 yards and 24 TDs). Senior QB Noah Ditmanson has passed for 1,389 yards and 13 TDs this season and rushed for 745 yards and nine TDs. HS Lakeside outscores opponents 34-30, and the Rams average 382 yards weekly. Senior running back Dupree Swanson injured his ankle Week 9 against Watson Chapel and played sparingly in last week's 28-point win at Hot Springs. Swanson has 234 carries for 1,676 yards and 27 TDs this season, while classmate Michael James has 108 carries for 832 yards and eight TDs.

This should be a good game to watch.

WTD

The bus ride to Maumelle didn't bother them... what's another hour... Harrison is very physical up front, if Lakeside can play with them in the trenches it will be a good game!

Go Postal

Agility Training.  Practice, Practice, Practice

GO GOBS!!!

Ponca

Quote from: WTD on November 08, 2017, 09:09:19 pm
if Lakeside can play with them in the trenches it will be a good game!

This will be difference in game. Harrison too strong up front both ways.

RamFan06

Quote from: Ponca on November 09, 2017, 09:32:22 pm
This will be difference in game. Harrison too strong up front both ways.

Sorry but you obviously have not seen any film on Lakeside this year. That is the one place I have no question about. The only team that has given Lakeside a problem up front is Chapel (in conference), and Harrison's line is nothing like Chapel.

Go Postal

November 10, 2017, 10:52:30 am #40 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:05:43 am by Go Postal

Lakeside's fans reaction when they finally realize how good the Goblins really are..

But seriously now,
Game day is here.  This is the first time either team has played each other.  Statistics look great on paper for each team and they are very similar.  Each team's fans and their own conference teams know exactly how each team plays.  Their strengths and weaknesses.  Tonight will put that to the test for both teams.  Win or lose, both towns are proud of their teams on the season that you have given them this year.  Good luck to both teams.

But always remember...
The Goblins will get you if you don't watch out!

RamFan06

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2017, 10:52:30 am

Lakeside's fans reaction when they finally realize how good the Goblins really are..

But seriously now,
Game day is here.  This is the first time either team has played each other.  Statistics look great on paper for each team and they are very similar.  Each team's fans and their own conference teams know exactly how each team plays.  Their strengths and weaknesses.  Tonight will put that to the test for both teams.  Win or lose, both towns are proud of their teams on the season that you have given them this year.  Good luck to both teams.

But always remember...
The Goblins will get you if you don't watch out!

OK So I usually don't participate much in the back and forth before games, but I'll be honest, this one has been fun. I cant wait for this game tonight, it really should be a good game. I hope both teams bring their best. Win or lose the Rams have a had a season to be proud of. Looks like it will be in the high 40's low 50's at kickoff...FOOTBALL WEATHER!

GO RAMS!!!

InYoGrill

Hey Ram fans, Grill spent all his elementary years at Lakeside. Seriously  ;D

RamFan06

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 12:42:49 pm
Hey Ram fans, Grill spent all his elementary years at Lakeside. Seriously  ;D

I knew there was a something there...now it all makes sense.

InYoGrill

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 10, 2017, 01:03:12 pm
I knew there was a something there...now it all makes sense.

Let's see here, I think 74-78 I think. Yup, Grill is a bit on the vintage side a little bit. Always thought I would wear blue and gold when the school bus went around the backside of the school, seeing the old ram players practicing after school hours.  ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 01:57:36 pm
Let's see here, I think 74-78 I think. Yup, Grill is a bit on the vintage side a little bit. Always thought I would wear blue and gold when the school bus went around the backside of the school, seeing the old ram players practicing after school hours.  ;D
Vintage is right.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  21
HS Lakeside Rams  28

Half.

unofficial stats:

Lakeside
QB went 2 of 3 for 81 passing yds.  They had 179 rushing yds for a total of 260 offensive yards.

Harrison
QB went 9 of 13 for 113 passing yds.  They had 140 rushing yds for a total of 253 offensive yards.

This is a great game.  A Harrison slow 21-0 start and turnover on Kick off reception is why they are 1 score behind.
The Swanson kid for the Rams is a fantastic athlete.

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins  56
HS Lakeside Rams  36

Final.

unofficial stats

Lakeside
QB went 5 of 11 for 124 passing yds.  They had 232 rushing yards for a total of 356 offensive yards.

Harrison
QB went 12 of 16 for 150 passing yds.  They had 386 rushing yds dor a total of 536 offensive yds.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas