• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Batesville

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 10:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

I think the central is the toughest conference this year, but that could obviously change come Friday night. The east just looks down, but I haven't seen much other than the east so I can't compare it to anyone other than the central teams I've seen play.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on November 07, 2017, 08:34:29 pm
The Central is soft outside of PA. It's all reflected glow coming off the Bruins shine. You have the most dominate team in the State so some people figure a rising tide must raise all ships. Not true. Let's say there was a mythical conference rating. Say every Conference has a rating of 100. The east would break down like Nettleton 24, Batesville 20, Wynne 20, VV 15, CCT-Paragould-FC-Blytheville all have 6. If you took the Central PA would have 50.

If my name were Saban I would be yelling "rat poison" from a PA perspective but I don't want to disrupt a McClellan vs Batesville thread

Yellowcake

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 07, 2017, 05:41:48 pm
Did Pierre Strong already graduate??  I hope I got his name right....that kid was a beast at RB!!

He was on the sidelines at the PA v McClellan game watching his alma mater play. I talked to him. He is a redshirt running back at South Dakota State. Very, very nice kid. He confirmed it's cold in South Dakota, and that the wind blows. Hard. In case any of you needed first hand confirmation of that.  :)

Intelligentsia

November 08, 2017, 12:00:06 am #53 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:37:47 pm by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Pwil11 on October 14, 1974, 01:37:54 pm
You must be the sports analyst for Hootens

As sports analyst, Rampage has enjoyed far greater notoriety than Hootens - worldwide noterity, in fact!! 

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 07, 2017, 10:51:02 pm
He was on the sidelines at the PA v McClellan game watching his alma mater play. I talked to him. He is a redshirt running back at South Dakota State. Very, very nice kid. He confirmed it's cold in South Dakota, and that the wind blows. Hard. In case any of you needed first hand confirmation of that.  :)
I'm going to need more proof and sources that it gets cold in the winter in South Dakota. Did you record this conversation?  :)

Yellowcake

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 11:29:02 am
I'm going to need more proof and sources that it gets cold in the winter in South Dakota. Did you record this conversation?  :)

IT'S ALL ON FILM!!!
Hard to see the punch, but I was just defending myself and will be filing an action in Pulaski County Circuit Court to fight the suspension!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 08, 2017, 03:28:38 pm
IT'S ALL ON FILM!!!
Hard to see the punch, but I was just defending myself and will be filing an action in Pulaski County Circuit Court to fight the suspension!
Did you get a grandpa to represent you for free?

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 08, 2017, 03:37:52 pm
Did you get a grandpa to represent you for free?

Curse you RDA. I was going to post that very thing, simple minds think alike. The reality is you don't need any video evidence, just show up in a PA shirt. You should be eligible for the PA rules, not the ones the rest of us plebs must live by.

As far as this games goes, I feel pretty good about it. I must admit I am slightly worried, Maynard G. Krebs hasn't picked McClellan yet. Once he makes it official and publicly say's LRM gets his nod we got it in the bank. Come on Maynard, Pioneer Nation needs your kiss of death.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on November 08, 2017, 04:21:44 pm
Curse you RDA. I was going to post that very thing, simple minds think alike. The reality is you don't need any video evidence, just show up in a PA shirt. You should be eligible for the PA rules, not the ones the rest of us plebs must live by.

As far as this games goes, I feel pretty good about it. I must admit I am slightly worried, Maynard G. Krebs hasn't picked McClellan yet. Once he makes it official and publicly say's LRM gets his nod we got it in the bank. Come on Maynard, Pioneer Nation needs your kiss of death.

As the old joke goes: Q. You know to keep a Pioneer in suspense?
                                A.  I'll tell you tomorrow.

Be patient, my son

Rampage72501

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 08, 2017, 12:00:06 am
As sports analyst, Rampage has enjoyed far greater notoriety than Hootens - worldwide noterity, in fact!! 

::)

Overdahill

Come'on Count Maynard, give em a bite

SWAT524

This will be a close game till mid 3rd quarter. Then Batesvilles late game push will happen. 28-14 Pioneers. Good Luck to Both Teams! 

WMc

Would someone please post a link to the Pioneers' live stream?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: WMc on November 09, 2017, 10:13:17 am

You should be at the PA game tomorrow with me, I have a reserved seat if you want it, as the Mrs. has decided not to attend.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: WMc on November 09, 2017, 10:13:17 am

As I mentioned on another post, you can try to catch it live, but as a home game, it is likely that the game won't be available until 90 minutes after the game is over.  You can easily find the game on "thecube.com" by typing in Batesville on the site's search bar.

ISU7

Two factors i do know from watching Batesvile live vs Blytheville. 1. if #2 gets too the outside he's gone. 2. if the game is close Batesville fg kicker can easily make it from 45 yds out. That kid can kick. Good luck to both teams.

WMc

Thanks Intelligentsia. Maynard, thanks, but I will be in the deer woods.

Poppy1493

If Batesville offense gets goING early they have a tendency to wear out the defense.  Now they played Nettleton early in the season and that night Nettleton was the better team.  Now I believe Batesville would win by 14.  Valley View was a different story.  They were not big but there speed on line was impressive and that game could go either way.  Batesville simply likes to impose there will on apponents.Batesville by 10.

Overdahill

"Pioneers gonna punish", MGK  :D

Pioneerman68

chaingang

November 10, 2017, 08:17:00 am #70 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:17:44 pm by chaingang
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 09, 2017, 10:15:56 am
You should be at the PA game tomorrow with me, I have a reserved seat if you want it, as the Mrs. has decided not to attend.
Is that reserved seat in the north or south end zone , I know those weather pruff clubhouse seats are nice but the North ones are the newest ones and to me the best , including the pregame tailgate food which includes BangBang Shrimp , Steak Tar Tar , Champagne Mimosas and the Cream Brûlée is to die for .

Overdahill

Quote from: chaingang on November 10, 2017, 08:17:00 am
  Is that reserved seat in the north or south end zone , I know those whether pruff clubhouse seats are nice but the North ones are the newest ones and to me the best , including the pregame tailgate food which includes BangBang Shrimp , Steak Tar Tar , Champagne Mimosas and the Cream Brûlée is to die for .

Maynard pulls his Limo into the upper deck suite parking lot and tunes in from there. You can't miss him if you can get past his private security team

Maynard G Krebs

November 10, 2017, 08:55:37 am #72 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:05:59 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: Overdahill on November 10, 2017, 08:33:13 am
Maynard pulls his Limo into the upper deck suite parking lot and tunes in from there. You can't miss him if you can get past his private security team

My security team.  Don't let those sweet smiles mislead you.

Bruin Backer

Quote from: chaingang on November 10, 2017, 08:17:00 am
  Is that reserved seat in the north or south end zone , I know those whether pruff clubhouse seats are nice but the North ones are the newest ones and to me the best , including the pregame tailgate food which includes BangBang Shrimp , Steak Tar Tar , Champagne Mimosas and the Cream Brûlée is to die for .

Maynard also provides nachos, hamburgers and hot dogs for the plebeian football fans. I will admit that the nachos are offered with your choice of cheese or foie gras, the hamburgers are made with Kobe beef and the hot dogs come with Grey Poupon mustard.

chaingang

Quote from: Bruin Backer on November 10, 2017, 10:05:11 am
Maynard also provides nachos, hamburgers and hot dogs for the plebeian football fans. I will admit that the nachos are offered with your choice of cheese or foie gras, the hamburgers are made with Kobe beef and the hot dogs come with Grey Poupon mustard.
. And don't forget that as the players are changing uniforms at half you to can change clothes from the NorthEnd Zone Club Seats because you have your individual locker rooms where you can watch the 2nd half in true fashion with black tie and ballroom dresses and set in state of the art stadium seating that recline and are made out of gold or baby blue Corinthian leather.....

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: chaingang on November 10, 2017, 12:06:55 pm
. And don't forget that as the players are changing uniforms at half you to can change clothes from the NorthEnd Zone Club Seats because you have your individual locker rooms where you can watch the 2nd half in true fashion with black tie and ballroom dresses and set in state of the art stadium seating that recline and are made out of gold or baby blue Corinthian leather.....

Feel free to use our public restrooms if needed.

Jimmy1995

MDXPHD

McClellan up 16-12 with 1:50 left. 4th and 1 for Batesville

MDXPHD

Batesville 1 and 10 from the mcclellan 15 with 1:30 left

MDXPHD

Jimmy1995

MDXPHD

4th and 14 for Batesville on McClellan 19 or so

MDXPHD

Int for McClellan! Congrats Jimmy! Very good ballgame.

Jimmy1995

Looking forward to the winner of the Alma/White Hall game

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 10, 2017, 09:15:17 pm
Looking forward to the winner of the Alma/White Hall game

Definitely Alma. Should be a good game.

Maynard G Krebs

Oh man, I forgot to give my prediction for you.  Think I'll go with McClellan

JacketFan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 10, 2017, 09:22:59 pm
Oh man, I forgot to give my prediction for you.  Think I'll go with McClellan
Ouch

Redleg76

So the team with the best kicker never tried a PAT. Coach King got caught up in the moment and it cost them. Hats off to the Lions, they were a very good team.

Intelligentsia

November 10, 2017, 11:08:25 pm #88 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:12:44 pm by Intelligentsia
Just like the last time LRMC came to town.  Missed opportunities and MC made us pay.  Congratulations on the win.  Let's try it again in couple of years.  The Pioneers made great improvement from the beginning of the year and tied for a conference championship.  Lots of other teams would like to have done as well.  Best wishes to the seniors and to the underclassmen,  take a few weeks off and get back to work.  August will be here before you know it!!

RunninJoe

This was a great game to watch even if I wasn't happy with the result. I really think that the outcome would have been different if King would have stayed in his wheelhouse and played his strength (kicker) instead of trying to go for two. Doesn't really matter now though. Great game, McClellan and good luck next week.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the Pioneer seniors. Those boys have experienced tragedy and heartbreak in the last 3 years that we wish they didn't have to go through. They fought through and had a great season. I'm thankful I got to watch them. They're a great group with a lot of heart.

Gravelbar

Quote from: Redleg76 on November 10, 2017, 09:37:50 pm
So the team with the best kicker never tried a PAT. Coach King got caught up in the moment and it cost them. Hats off to the Lions, they were a very good team.
I went to the game last night and came out of there scratching my head after that loss. 

JessieP

Quote from: Gravelbar on November 11, 2017, 08:19:56 pm
I went to the game last night and came out of there scratching my head after that loss.

All the credit in the world to LRM, they played great. But there is no doubt it wasn't. It wasn't our finest hour. Too many miscues to overcome.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas