• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian Vs Cross County

Started by bearfan, November 04, 2017, 11:12:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bearfan

bigbrew25

Cross County is going to run it 90% of the time and they are going to move the ball down the field on most teams.  If I was going to pick an upset for the 1st round, this would be it.  They are one of those teams that doesn't look forward to basketball season, so they are going to put up a fight.

MTINDIANFAN

Defense to beat Cross County: 9 players focus on #36 & #1 going through the 3 or 5 hole and the backside DE and LB stay at home for #18 & #8 coming back on the second handoff.

Eaglefan70

Are there any cross county posters anywhere?

clt3205

Watched Cross County a couple times this season. They have some pretty shifty hard nosed backs. Like stated above they are primarily a run heavy team but will throw the ball around too. Contain the run and Conway Christian moves on to Round 2.

bearfan

Cross County hasn't faced a D line like Conway Christian all year. 

bigbrew25

Quote from: bearfan on November 07, 2017, 12:49:11 pm
I'm pretty sure Batesville Southside, Barton, and Earle all have D lines that are just as good if not better. 

Rida4Life

I'll go out on a limb and say C.C. will win..... how's that?

AmericanVandal1987

Start pulling out the Basketball Jerseys Cross County.

hawgball3

Quote from: bearfan on November 07, 2017, 12:49:11 pm

check yo facts before you say something stupid ;)

bearfan

Eaglefan70

safe travels to Cross County players, cheerleaders, fans, etc.  Bring your lawn chairs the stands on the visitor side are small. 

playmaker04

As far as Dlines go Batesville SS was probably the best. CC problem is turnovers, trouble scoring in red zone and since our QB went out against Earle with a knee injury we lost a kid who was a running threat. We don't have alot of speed on either side of the ball. Fast teams like Barton, Earle and Marked Tree scored on us at will.
CC rushing totals
Harrisburg 246
Barton 211
Southside 167
Midland 436
Clarendon 323
Salem 367
Rector 354
Earle 248
EPC 232
Marked Tree 192

#36 161 carries 949 yds 10 TDs
#1.  109 carries  698 yds 8 TDs
#8.   39 carries   330 yds  4 TDs
#18  36 carries   258 yds. 1 Td
That's our offense

baseball13

I'm taking CC (Cross County) in a close one. 32-28

mrk1027

Pretty sure it's illegal for the RB to have his hands up calling for the snap.

21-8 Conway Christian 5:29 left in the half.

mrk1027

27-8 now on the next play. Officials letting the Thunderbirds have some extracurricular activity on the CCS kicker twice. Very cold game!!

Goose0

Update on this score. scoreboard has it 33-8 cross county

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Goose0 on November 10, 2017, 08:08:32 pm
Update on this score. scoreboard has it 33-8 cross county

Believe it's backwards then

mrk1027

Goose0

Cross County still lining up in the single wing?

bdubyab60

That is what you will see. They tried the spread on us. Don't have the personnel to run much of anything else

Goose0

Wishbone, flexbone, power i, dead t, I, wing t, split back, offset i, stack i anytjing would be better than the single wing with that group of players.

Goose0

thevoice

bdubyab60

Quote from: Goose0 on November 10, 2017, 08:50:07 pm
Wishbone, flexbone, power i, dead t, I, wing t, split back, offset i, stack i anytjing would be better than the single wing with that group of players.
36 the one they run the most runs tough. Just shouldn't be getting the most carries on the team. Even if he breaks loose it's not going to be much of a gain. I think the power I with play action would suit them better. The faster backs need mor carries

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas