• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riverview at Dardanelle 1st Round

Started by RyanLR, November 04, 2017, 10:43:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes it?

Dardanelle
22 (71%)
Riverview
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: November 10, 2017, 09:43:17 am

PiratePride03

That's not a FG attempt bud,  that's how they punt.

PiratePride03

Although,  I'm sure if Temo really wanted to,  he could probably boot one through the uprights from that distance.   Kid is ridiculous.

RyanLR

Dardanelle-14
Riverview-3
8:33 2nd Quarter

RyanLR

Quote from: PiratePride03 on November 10, 2017, 07:33:34 pm
That's not a FG attempt bud,  that's how they punt.
To be fair the last time we played them they never punted so that's the first time I've seen that.

PiratePride03

No problem,  I was just letting you know buddy. 

RyanLR

Dardanelle-21
Riverview-3
1:12 2nd Quarter

HALFTIME

RyanLR

Dardanelle-21
Riverview-10
7:38 3rd Quarter

RyanLR

Dardanelle-28
Riverview-10
10:53 4th Quarter

RyanLR

Dardanelle-35
Riverview-10
9:14 4th Quarter

RyanLR

On the ensuing kickoff the Dardy kicker kicked it smack through the uprights. Dude has a heck of a leg!

PiratePride03

RyanLR

Kinda classless by the Dardanelle radio guys making fun of an injured Riverview player. "Ooh my leg!!" and then laughing.

RyanLR

Dardanelle-42
Riverview-10
1:49 4th Quarter

RyanLR

FNLsupporter

I kinda hit the nail on the head.  A decent defense would expose Riverview as I thought. 

Lizard47

Quote from: RyanLR on November 10, 2017, 07:39:19 pm
To be fair the last time we played them they never punted so that's the first time I've seen that.
I know y'all want some revenge on yalls field, I don't blame you, we'll be on up there next Friday. Let's have a good clean hard football game.

Sigmund Sauer

November 10, 2017, 09:53:52 pm #66 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:55:35 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: RyanLR on November 10, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
Dardy just attempted a field goal from their own 40 and intentionally missed it, going out of bounds at the 20, effective punting strategy. I have NEVER seen that.
EDIT: Nevermind, I see Lizard explained it That's was a punt.

Sigmund Sauer

November 10, 2017, 10:40:58 pm #67 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:16:38 am by Sigmund Sauer
Riverview has some talented players, it just didn't seem as though the coaches were the ones in control of the team, and were never able to garner any discipline from them. That had a negative impact tonight. The Riverview crowd was very impressive and louder than most I've heard at Keenan field. They supported the team until the end. Dardanelle played a solid game but almost got caught up in all the personal fouls the Raiders committed, though the ejection seemed to stop a good bit of it. On to week 2.

The Ref

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 10, 2017, 09:36:55 pm
I kinda hit the nail on the head.  A decent defense would expose Riverview as I thought. 
I know you're happy we lost , most riverview people pull for BK when we're not playing each other.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: The Ref on November 11, 2017, 12:07:16 am
I know you're happy we lost , most riverview people pull for BK when we're not playing each other.
Actually, I have a ton of friends with family on Riverview. I was pulling for all white county teams, even HA. I just knew they were a middle of the road team. They are just an "ok" 4A football team. I wanted BK to win, but I knew it wouldn't be close either. Doesn't mean I don't want then to win, I just don't pretend they are super talented, when I have seen them play and know better.  Not only did I call how the game would go, but I told you how each of the 3 big play makers for Riverview were. The QB struggled big time, #22 was extremely lazy when he didn't have the ball and #4 couldn't sustain running the ball.

The Ref

Quote from: FNLsupporter on November 11, 2017, 08:25:42 am
Actually, I have a ton of friends with family on Riverview. I was pulling for all white county teams, even HA. I just knew they were a middle of the road team. They are just an "ok" 4A football team. I wanted BK to win, but I knew it wouldn't be close either. Doesn't mean I don't want then to win, I just don't pretend they are super talented, when I have seen them play and know better.  Not only did I call how the game would go, but I told you how each of the 3 big play makers for Riverview were. The QB struggled big time, #22 was extremely lazy when he didn't have the ball and #4 couldn't sustain running the ball.
Glad you were able to make the drive up & support the Raiders last night. Penalties & turnovers contributed a lot to the struggles last night.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: The Ref on November 11, 2017, 08:45:04 am
Glad you were able to make the drive up & support the Raiders last night. Penalties & turnovers contributed a lot to the struggles last night.
I enjoyed the game, but I most certainly agree about penalties and turnovers. More so the turnovers, including the turnovers on downs. Let me ask a question, why in the world did they run the jet sweep with #22 on 3rd down and goal from the 1 foot line??!!  I know they didn't get it on the first 2 downs, but I would have took my chances on all 4 downs! It seemed to be a combination of mistakes that plagued the Raiders, but it is what it is. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas