• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar @ Smackover

Started by beach bum, November 03, 2017, 10:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

This will be an upset in round 1 imo.... Lamar is playing much better as the season goes along. If they win the turnover battle in this match up I think they take this one.

xadboy

Well a few games ago and I would have said no. But Lamar has got it going and really looking forward to this game.

Proud Buckaroo

I don't think it will be an upset.

Proud Buckaroo

I figured there would be more discussion for this one.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 04, 2017, 01:22:38 pm
I figured there would be more discussion for this one.

Same here... I see this being a pretty competitive game. And there are a handful of Lamar posters out there. I am sure they will start commenting in the coming days. I will say Lamar is pretty big and physical. Their passing game has improved as the year has gone along and they are doing it more. I think their coach prefers to pass more, but is utilizing his roster with what he has and going more run heavy than ever. But like I said they are throwing a little more as of late and playing pretty well lately. I'll be watching the score board on this game Friday close cause I see it being pretty competitive.

beach bum

I hope you will be there at this game Proud Buck so we can be getting consistent score updates on this game...

Jimbo Morphis

If a 4 seee beats a 3 seed can you really call it an upset?

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on November 04, 2017, 02:05:53 pm

By definition yes.... By common sense I guess not. But sometimes that goes out the window for me  ;D

Clara Allen

I'm looking forward to this game.  I saw our former qb this morning and asked him if he'd like to go back down there Friday night.  He said he thought he'd pass!    Seriously, I see this as a much closer game this go around.  Lamar has been moving forward since week 7.   And they were so fired up during the game last night.  I can't wait till Friday!

Mister Fister

This will be a repeat from 3 years ago

MICHAELSPAPPY

Playoff games are harder to call because we do not get the chance to see teams at a distance. Smack will be the favorite. However, the Warriors are closing fast. Our line is learning what they can do. If Smack is squeamish about getting smacked, Lamar may have a chance for an upset.

Da Thump

Lamar better have a strong linebacker core to stop Smackover's tailback.  He will run over and carry players.  If Lamar can limit his damage, maybe...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Da Thump on November 04, 2017, 07:59:37 pm
Lamar better have a strong linebacker core to stop Smackover's tailback.  He will run over and carry players.  If Lamar can limit his damage, maybe...

Not sure of his season stats. But he's had five 100 plus games. He was 8 yards shy of having 100 yards against JC. Thursday he has a season high 212 yards on 10 carries and 4 TDs.

TheTruth2010

Lamar can win this game, I expect it will be decently close. I'll say 27-20 smackover.

cuz

If the Bucks play to their potential should win this one....

Williebe147

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 04, 2017, 09:02:56 pm
Lamar can win this game, I expect it will be decently close. I'll say 27-20 smackover.

Lamar will be very physical. Great Coaches and big strong country boys. Should be a good game/ I think a toss up. I do remember HA cleaning up pretty good on Smackover.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Williebe147 on November 05, 2017, 01:00:22 am

Lamar will be very physical. Great Coaches and big strong country boys. Should be a good game/ I think a toss up. I do remember HA cleaning up pretty good on Smackover.

Week 2. This is first week of playoffs. Smackover has improved A LOT more since that game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 05, 2017, 03:33:46 am
Week 2. This is first week of playoffs. Smackover has improved A LOT more since that game.
A lot?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on November 05, 2017, 12:33:27 pm
A lot?

QB play has improved a whole lot more. The run game has developed a lot more since Da'Marous has taken the main back role. WRs are starting to connect better with Roshard.

CoolBreeze

I wouldn't pick Lamar to win this game, but I do see it as a possible upset. It all depends on whether Smackover has improved as much as PB thinks or has just played weaker competition with the exception of JC and McGehee.

cuz

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 05, 2017, 03:28:22 pm
I wouldn't pick Lamar to win this game, but I do see it as a possible upset. It all depends on whether Smackover has improved as much as PB thinks or has just played weaker competition with the exception of JC and McGehee.
When the Buck played JC the key issues I saw were some major coaching problems. They have some talent just not using it properly....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 05, 2017, 05:25:27 pm
When the Buck played JC the key issues I saw were some major coaching problems. They have some talent just not using it properly....

Wait...New Year, New Coaches, same story?

Jimbo Morphis

But they're in great shape.

Paperman

Best wishes to the Buckaroos!

Proud Buckaroo

When their best RB plays every snap of offense and every snap of defense. He was getting tired from running so much on offense. When he was out of the game. They were forced to have to pass the ball because Dexter wasn't getting the yards Da'Marous was. Not so much coaching being the issue. Low numbers and key injuries to their second best RB behind Da'Marous and the best LB out for the season. Those two spots hurt because they were both two way starters.

Clara Allen

I don't think I'm giving away trade secrets when I say that we've had a shot in the arm with several younger kids who bring another dimension to our offense. 

TheTruth2010

You know, after looking at Smackovers schedule and scores, I'm not to impressed. Add that to the way Lamar has been playing and their size, I change my pick. Lamar by 7.  8)

Proud Buckaroo

Looking at scores and schedules does absolutely nothing for you. Lol. I watch actual game film. You remember when Lamar "wasn't impressed" Before they came to Smackover? Lamar was much bigger than Smackover that year as well.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 05, 2017, 07:52:42 pm
Looking at scores and schedules does absolutely nothing for you. Lol. I watch actual game film. You remember when Lamar "wasn't impressed" Before they came to Smackover? Lamar was much bigger than Smackover that year as well.
Im doing what I can to spice this thread up a little lol.

Proud Buckaroo

Last time these teams played... it was dang near 8-9 pages. Lol. 3A board has been dead all year for some reason.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 05, 2017, 07:52:42 pm
You watch Smackover film through homer glasses. Other teams I trust your judgement.

TheTruth2010

Lamar is averaging 282 rushing yards per game and nearly 7 yards per carry. How is Smackovers run defense?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on November 05, 2017, 07:58:19 pm
You watch Smackover film through homer glasses. Other teams I trust your judgement.
I don't watch film on Smackover. Other teams.

MICHAELSPAPPY

4-3A was weak this year, so Lamar's schedule is not going to impress anyone. The best thing we have going is that we closed very strong in the last three games. We kept waiting for a young team to grow up, and it finally happened.

Proud Buckaroo

Not that great against power backs. McGehee had close to 350 yards rushing. Jc had 298 yards rushing.

MICHAELSPAPPY

November 05, 2017, 08:06:26 pm #35 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:32:41 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Lamar's backs are not all that big, but they do run hard. Our size is at tackle and tight end. They are big and they love contact.

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 05, 2017, 07:55:18 pm
Last time these teams played... it was dang near 8-9 pages. Lol. 3A board has been dead all year for some reason.
It's been so up and down with a lot of teams that I think it was hard to get into it. Even Charleston hasn't been nearly as active as the past few years. Most game threads were only one page. Maybe the playoffs will get everyone fired up.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 05, 2017, 08:05:18 pm
Not that great against power backs. McGehee had close to 350 yards rushing. Jc had 298 yards rushing.

About everybody has given up a ton of rush yards to those two teams.   This could be a good game but I'm going with the Bucks by 10 to 20.

ISU7

November 06, 2017, 02:36:00 am #38 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:38:49 am by ISU7
Quote from: Oldman on November 04, 2017, 02:05:53 pm
Yup  ;D 8)
Bucks by 7

MICHAELSPAPPY

Come tournament time, it has nothing to do with who had the best season. It is not who is best, but who is hottest. It may not mean anything (but I hope it does) that Lamar won their last three games in convincing fashion, and Smack lost two of their last three by good margins. What makes that hard to judge is that Smackover's competition in those three games was probably a good bit tougher than Lamar's.

Rida4Life

Smackover survives this one at home.  depth has been their issue all year.  They need to get going early.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 06, 2017, 06:55:22 am
Come tournament time, it has nothing to do with who had the best season. It is not who is best, but who is hottest. It may not mean anything (but I hope it does) that Lamar won their last three games in convincing fashion, and Smack lost two of their last three by good margins. What makes that hard to judge is that Smackover's competition in those three games was probably a good bit tougher than Lamar's.
Probably? Undefeated, top-ranked JC and 8-2 (6-1) McGehee vs. winless Two Rivers, and 4-6 (3-4) Paris. Genoa Central and Cedarville had identical losing records, so they cancel each other out.

The with this difference in the level of competition, comparison of the two teams' records over the last few games becomes meaningless.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 05, 2017, 08:06:26 pm
Lamar's backs are not all that big, but they do run hard. Our size is at tackle and tight end. They are big and they love contact.
We also have some guys who love contact.  We have a good sized runner back who will contact you and will keep going to the next contactee.   

Horse Shoe

What are the chances Smackover wanted the third seed based on second round match-ups.  Not taking anything away from Mayflower, but 2nd place from our conference was looking at going to Prescott(until they lost), or Glen Rose, both traditional football powers.

I'll take the Buck's over Lamar, 35-13   Freshman see the field in the fourth quarter.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 06, 2017, 03:41:00 pm
What are the chances Smackover wanted the third seed based on second round match-ups.  Not taking anything away from Mayflower, but 2nd place from our conference was looking at going to Prescott(until they lost), or Glen Rose, both traditional football powers.

I'll take the Buck's over Lamar, 35-13   Freshman see the field in the fourth quarter.
I suspected Smorphlet let us mercy rule them to dodge Glen Rose.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on November 06, 2017, 03:45:10 pm
Just a Theory.  No need to get your feelings hurt.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 06, 2017, 03:49:17 pm
Just a Theory.  No need to get your feelings hurt.   
Feelings hurt? You serious?

dragondad

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 06, 2017, 03:45:10 pm
Yeah, right! You've still got it, Oldman. Unfortunately, some readers/posters don't get it.

By the way, where's PB? Maybe he thought the post suggesting the Bucks threw the McGehee game didn't deserve a response.

In his absence let me assure you that was not the case. Mountain View may have pulled that trick last year, but Smackover has too much pride in their football tradition to throw a game for playoff positioning.

dragondad

That's true,  they got mercy ruled fair and square.   ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas