• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A’s biggest let downs.

Started by BannerChaser95, October 30, 2017, 04:36:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerChaser95

October 30, 2017, 04:36:09 pm Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 04:39:56 pm by BannerChaser95
It could be a team you saw, it could be a team you heard of, for all we know it could be the nachos at WSGF not holding up to the expectations.  I'm trying to make this interesting so I ask you, in 1A basketball history, let's say In the last 20 years. What's been the biggest 1A disappointment you've seen?

So to keep eagle mom on my side and keep their nachos in good name, My personal biggest disappointment would have to be Stephens boys basketball in 2010-2011. Running the table with a team that couldn't be stopped. Winning in regionals scoring a combined 264 points against 3 teams to their 182 points. To get to state and preform as mediocre and nervous as any team ever has in a state tournament game.  To finish the season with 30-40+ wins and the lonely loss coming to the first round of state.

2010-2011 Stephens, you're my biggest 1A let down.

BasketballNeverStops

I don't know if it's as much of a let down as it was a little surprising to me, but the 2011-12 boys postseason down at SAU would be one for me. Concord got upset in the first round by host Nevada who would go on to the final four, West Side pulled the upset on Stephens in the opening round, and Mammoth Spring and Sacred Heart's miraculous runs to the title game. Sacred took down Bay to go to Hot Springs but fell short of the ring after turning the ball over late. To me it was just odd because although Mammoth and Sacred were good, many had expected heavy hitters like Concord, Bay, and Stephens to be right there at Hot Springs. It was a wild one.

HorseFeathers

Cedar ridge in 2a went undefeated and I'm pretty sure missed the state tournament one year....

Most of the good region 4 teams from 08-15...Bradley and Stephens mainly...

Bradley in 08(I think), was undefeated rolling...and lost their best player(some called him best player in the classification) to an ankle injury in region...lost in 2nd round to Guy

HorseFeathers

Bay the year they missed state in the middle of their run

Central Ark

Central Ark

I remember a WSGF girls team ranked number 1 miss state. Had a D-1 player. Somewhere in the 07 08 times

Ctucker

I don't remember what year but I think Bradford went undefeated and lost first game in region and didn't make state.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on October 30, 2017, 05:58:56 pm
I don't know if it's as much of a let down as it was a little surprising to me, but the 2011-12 boys postseason down at SAU would be one for me. Concord got upset in the first round by host Nevada who would go on to the final four, West Side pulled the upset on Stephens in the opening round, and Mammoth Spring and Sacred Heart's miraculous runs to the title game. Sacred took down Bay to go to Hot Springs but fell short of the ring after turning the ball over late. To me it was just odd because although Mammoth and Sacred were good, many had expected heavy hitters like Concord, Bay, and Stephens to be right there at Hot Springs. It was a wild one.
I may be the only one, but I hated that state tournament. It wasn't a great location, wasn't it was a priority for them. Maybe that's just me. It's gota be that or having it at Bradley. While only a 2 hour drive for I, it's still not ideal how it was in the gym with under 1200 seats so they pulled up folding chairs to meat the requirement. 

AAA should be our realtor 1A Let downs.

HorseFeathers

What year was it MVE and Mulberry girls were #1 and #2 most of the year and Acorn beat them back to back in 1st and 2nd rounds?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 31, 2017, 04:48:08 am
What year was it MVE and Mulberry girls were #1 and #2 most of the year and Acorn beat them back to back in 1st and 2nd rounds?
I believe that was the start of the Nemo vista, maybe wrong but 2014 Kirby and Acorn made district and regional finals against each other along with final four  and Nemo and Wonderview May have done the exact same. The freshman's moved up and dominated the state tournament for Nemo, and Jackson from acorn did what all the jacksons do over their in Polk County. They mess up people's brackets lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 31, 2017, 06:24:16 am
I believe that was the start of the Nemo vista, maybe wrong but 2014 Kirby and Acorn made district and regional finals against each other along with final four  and Nemo and Wonderview May have done the exact same. The freshman's moved up and dominated the state tournament for Nemo, and Jackson from acorn did what all the jacksons do over their in Polk County. They mess up people's brackets lol

Nevada won state that year....

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 31, 2017, 06:44:40 am
Nevada won state that year....
Nevada girls were the dumpster fire they have been since winning it in 2013, if that's what you mean lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 31, 2017, 06:46:26 am
Nevada girls were the dumpster fire they have been since winning it in 2013, if that's what you mean lol

13 was the year I meant then

thechampchamp

2 years ago when guy was 39-0 and lost in the semi finals

BannerChaser95

Quote from: thechampchamp on October 31, 2017, 08:40:23 am
2 years ago when guy was 39-0 and lost in the semi finals
Atleast they made semis. And bounce right back that next year. Stephens did the same thing year after year with first round losses after undefeated seasons. Lol

Auron12

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 30, 2017, 06:44:03 pm
Cedar ridge in 2a went undefeated and I'm pretty sure missed the state tournament one year....

That was 2011. CR was undefeated and lost to a red hot Rector team in the first round of the regionals. That Rector team went on to lose to junction city by 4 in the state semis.

thebigman3

Wb when Concord last year beat the best team in their district to win it and then turn around and lose to Sacred Heart in the first round of regionals.. Concord wasn't a pick for State that year, but we're predicted to make it to state nonetheless. .

not so slim shady

WSGF 1982. Just ask backboard. Sore subject.

BasketballNeverStops

November 21, 2017, 10:37:49 am #18 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:40:56 am by BasketballNeverStops
Quote from: Auron12 on November 20, 2017, 01:15:03 pm
That was 2011. CR was undefeated and lost to a red hot Rector team in the first round of the regionals. That Rector team went on to lose to junction city by 4 in the state semis.
They were undefeated until Concord came to Newark and beat them by four. They went on to win their district, and then fell to Rector. CR actually hosted state that year too. They did bounce back and repeat in 2013 and 2014. Missed state in 2015 after a good Mayflower team beat them in first round of region, but won it all again in 2016. The younger Reaves would not be denied a third ring in his senior year.

thechampchamp

I think one of the most disappointing years was when the T-Birds had the Tims brothers, Gonzalez, and Campbell. Along with Spencer Brown, and Matt Baker. I would have expected that team to go undefeated. But that year proves you can have all the  talent in the world but with no chemistry, you cant win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas