• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POLL: Who's gonna play GW in State Finals?

Started by Wildcat Football, October 12, 2017, 01:15:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenwood's Opponent in State Finals?

Pine Bluff
25 (53.2%)
West Memphis
8 (17%)
El Dorado
7 (14.9%)
Benton
5 (10.6%)
Searcy
1 (2.1%)
Jonesboro
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: December 11, 2017, 12:15:51 pm

Wildcat Football

Who is playing GW in state finals?  What is your prediction?

Hogman2018

The Future

I'm gonna be pulling for either Jonesboro or West Memphis because playing new teams is always fun

PrivateLesson

Providing no injuries etc....I'm going with Pine Bluff or Jonesboro.  Still early to tell.

bulldogger15

West Memphis. The Bulldogs are ready for some fresh meat! Coach Jones should schedule PA the next day for a end of the year "scrimmage".

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oldbadger

Are they going? Dang, time sure flies! Thought there were more games!lol

T-Bone

Quote from: The Future on October 12, 2017, 02:28:02 pm
I'm gonna be pulling for either Jonesboro or West Memphis because playing new teams is always fun

Jonesboro will upset a few before year is up.  Very good chance this Friday.

bulldogger15

Quote from: T-Bone on October 12, 2017, 04:32:27 pm
Jonesboro will upset a few before year is up.  Very good chance this Friday.
This is starting to sound like a broken record? Are you for SURE it's this week? For realz?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

jeffslilbro

Greenwood focused on Russellville. Stupid topic.

hogsanddogs

bulldogger15

Quote from: hogsanddogs on October 12, 2017, 09:39:06 pm
Agreed! Lot of games left.
Go to bed hotdogsandhogs. You need some serious rest.

We know there are several games left, thanks for the useless update. The Greenwood Bulldogs aren't looking over anyone, they're looking down at everyone and will all the way through this season.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Wildcat Football

Quote from: hogsanddogs on October 12, 2017, 09:39:06 pm
Agreed! Lot of games left.
Sorry for the useless topic, I just like to see how confident and accurate posters are with a few games left in the regular season.  I'm seeing PB leading the poll by a lot, so we'll see if that happens or not.  Even though I'm rooting for ED, I think West Memphis ends up in War Memorial this year.

T-Bone

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 12, 2017, 08:20:18 pm
This is starting to sound like a broken record? Are you for SURE it's this week? For realz?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I will let you know tonight.  We have all kinds of tools.  We just need them to step out as a team and get out of the tool box all at the same time.

bulldogger15

Quote from: T-Bone on October 13, 2017, 08:50:33 am
I will let you know tonight.  We have all kinds of tools.  We just need them to step out as a team and get out of the tool box all at the same time.

Please do. Also, tell them to stay in the tool box Bone T. I believe Russellville has all kinds of tools for sure. Most of them will be sitting in the stands tonight hallucinating about the only state championship they'll ever win in football.

You'll see what a real team looks like very soon. No gimmicks either. I think Coach Weaver spent too much time in Pulaski County and he thought he'd learn a few coaching tricks by geographic osmosis. Good luck with that.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hogman2018

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: T-Bone on October 13, 2017, 08:50:33 am

Yeah, all those tools showing up in your 3-3 record this year.  With wins over 3 teams with a combined record of 3-15.  Impressive tools t-boner

T-Bone

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 13, 2017, 10:02:13 am
Yeah, all those tools showing up in your 3-3 record this year.  With wins over 3 teams with a combined record of 3-15.  Impressive tools t-bone

Not sure where you came up with a 3-3 record but you were close with it being 4-2.  Looks like a possible 5-2 if we can compete with the speed I expect to see tonight on WM team.  WM never is an easy team to beat and never has been.  They can compete.  Now let me see if we bring those tools tonight and I will get back with you.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: T-Bone on October 13, 2017, 03:07:57 pm
Not sure where you came up with a 3-3 record but you were close with it being 4-2.  Looks like a possible 5-2 if we can compete with the speed I expect to see tonight on WM team.  WM never is an easy team to beat and never has been.  They can compete.  Now let me see if we bring those tools tonight and I will get back with you.

I assumed you were a Russvegas fan.

ricepig

Baitshop

October 13, 2017, 05:03:53 pm #20 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:39:56 pm by Baitshop
Lately, it doesn't matter who Greenwood plays in state championship games.... whoever it is ends up with a ring.

jeffslilbro

Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2017, 05:03:53 pm
Lately, it doesn't matter who Greenwood plays in state championship games.... whoever they play end up with a ring.
using a rapala shallow floating original?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: The Future on October 12, 2017, 02:28:02 pm
WM defeated Jonesboro tonight..

T-Bone

Kobalt brand tonight and a few didn't come out to play.  No matter the score we are far better than we are playing as a team.

westmem

Now don't count your chicken before they hatch 🐣 because you can be beat

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 14, 2017, 10:20:11 am #25 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:38:07 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam
Quote from: Baitshop on October 13, 2017, 05:03:53 pm
Lately, it doesn't matter who Greenwood plays in state championship games.... whoever it is ends up with a ring.

Are the mavs gonna make it to the playoffs in Football this year?

Baitshop

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 14, 2017, 10:20:11 am
Are the mans gonna make it to the playoffs in Football this year?

Would it make a difference in how many consecutive state championship games that GW has not been able to close the deal against "inferior talent and coaching"..??

You boys should slow your roll on how everyone else is a "has been", because you boys appear to be on a slippery slope to "used to be" already....once "the best coach in America" calls it quits, there's no telling where the bottom will be for the UofG...

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on October 14, 2017, 12:11:29 pm
Would it make a difference in how many consecutive state championship games that GW has not been able to close the deal against "inferior talent and coaching"..??

You boys should slow your roll on how everyone else is a "has been", because you boys appear to be on a slippery slope to "used to be" already....once "the best coach in America" calls it quits, there's no telling where the bottom will be for the UofG...

You might very well be the most desperate poster on FF.  Since your team has no relevance anymore, you're grasping at what "might" happen when coach Jones retires?  Really?  That's the true definition of desperation!

However, last nights pa announcer at Russellville might give you a run for you money on being the most lame announcer in high school sports!  He sounded like he was giving the play by play at a funeral.  Geez he was terrible! 

Baitshop

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 14, 2017, 12:41:30 pm
You might very well be the most desperate poster on FF.  Since your team has no relevance anymore, you're grasping at what "might" happen when coach Jones retires?  Really?  That's the true definition of desperation!

However, last nights pa announcer at Russellville might give you a run for you money on being the most lame announcer in high school sports!  He sounded like he was giving the play by play at a funeral.  Geez he was terrible! 

If by "desparate" you mean correct, then yes, I am the King of FF.

Oldbadger

I think they should play with themselves!lol

Pr8hd

Keep in mind this was started by an ED poster....which is fine, but my guess is he either believes GW will be there or is just chumming the waters. We all know lots of games still left to determine which 2 teams will face off. Right now for GW, it's all eyes on Benton and going 1-0 this week.

beach bum

Greenwood would lose to PA.... They could not even win 5A.

Pr8hd

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 05:55:25 pm

::)

Some bottom feeder responding to the stink bait for sure....might head back under your bridge or better yet, get a head start on Easter and go hide your own Easter eggs.

bulldogger15

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2017, 05:55:25 pm
Beach chum is a mental midget if he really believes what he just posted. Once PA starts playing in the right classification (7A), then we'll talk. Any other 5A team would get wrecked by the Bulldogs. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oldbadger

Bulldogger, I'm curious, why should PA be in 7A?

bulldogger15

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 14, 2017, 09:23:41 pm
I really need to tell you? Really?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

The Future

Double standard. That's why

For years Greenwood owned the West and the 5A. And we caught so much crap from everyone about how we are the big fish in the small pond and how we should move up and how if we played more great teams we wouldn't have all these wins and titles and championships.

So now the tables have switched to another top dog powerhouse. It's only fair. PA is now the soon to be 4peat champs of 5A. The LRC game showed that no one in the Central can touch them and then the title game will show no one in the class can touch them. So it's only fair people complain and get mad at this top dog just like they did the last one. If you wanna be the multi time defending 5A champs and be miles better than the next team and have all the glory then be prepared to have all the bad with it. All the trash talk. All the hate. All the "all fun and games" mud slinging. You just gotta deal with it.

Us Greenwood fans know exactly what the PA posters are going through. We still have stuff to deal with up on the 6A level from people like Bait. So we have a bit of leeway in enjoying the argument from the other side of the pond.

bulldogger15

See: IMG Academy

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on October 14, 2017, 09:39:32 pm

For years Greenwood owned the West and the 5A. And we caught so much crap from everyone about how we are the big fish in the small pond and how we should move up and how if we played more great teams we wouldn't have all these wins and titles and championships.

So now the tables have switched to another top dog powerhouse. It's only fair. PA is now the soon to be 4peat champs of 5A. The LRC game showed that no one in the Central can touch them and then the title game will show no one in the class can touch them. So it's only fair people complain and get mad at this top dog just like they did the last one. If you wanna be the multi time defending 5A champs and be miles better than the next team and have all the glory then be prepared to have all the bad with it. All the trash talk. All the hate. All the "all fun and games" mud slinging. You just gotta deal with it.

Us Greenwood fans know exactly what the PA posters are going through. We still have stuff to deal with up on the 6A level from people like Bait. So we have a bit of leeway in enjoying the argument from the other side of the pond.
No so fast The Past, that's where you're living. They should at least play in 6A, period.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Oldbadger

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 14, 2017, 09:40:13 pm
See: IMG Academy

GO BULLDOGS!!!
[/quote I know what IMG is, but classification is based on student numbers.  They are actually 4A but are moved up as a result of being a private school.  So, the problem must not be the mumbers, but, what is it?

STBruin

Actually size PA is 3A, right at 300 student in high school.

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on October 14, 2017, 09:39:32 pm

The funny thing is that most PA fans would love to see PA move up.  It's really no fun watching mercy rule games.  I wish PA would  move up.  The
PA/GW games have been great and I'd love to see them play every year.  They are two of the most consistent programs in the state and both teams have great coaches.

There's no need for the fans of either school to be defensive.  Both schools have a right to be proud of their teams.  And I think both schools would be well served by an annual game and a great rivalry.

Oldbadger

How about next year.  They could play the first game of the year at Arkansas Tech field and call it the "Bragging Right's" bowl.  Could probably fill the stadium and be a minor competitor to the "Salt Bowl".lol

PA Dad

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 14, 2017, 10:44:24 pm
How about next year.  They could play the first game of the year at Arkansas Tech field and call it the "Bragging Right's" bowl.  Could probably fill the stadium and be a minor competitor to the "Salt Bowl".lol

I love it.  Unfortunately, the schedules for both teams are set for next year.   But I'd love to see that game scheduled as soon as possible.

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 14, 2017, 08:42:17 pm
Beach chum is a mental midget if he really believes what he just posted. Once PA starts playing in the right classification (7A), then we'll talk. Any other 5A team would get wrecked by the Bulldogs. GUARANTEED!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Yet, the UofG is calling Muldrow, Roland, and Sand Springs for games instead of PA....

Who's running from whom..??..??

#PAaintskeered

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 01:42:01 am
Yet, the UofG is calling Muldrow, Roland, and Sand Springs for games instead of PA....

Who's running from whom..??..??

#PAaintskeered
It's very simple. Coach Kelly petitions the AAA and says "hey, I know we should be playing in the highest classification in Arkansas, but could you put us in at least the 6A East, please. This will be more than fair. We're also going to pick up Har-Ber (already complete), North Little Rock and Bryant for our non-conference games over the next three years and PA gets to play Greenwood every year also. I don't see Coach Kelly making that call? Why not?

PA can keep some cash, stay in-state and lose two games a year (minimum) over the next three years.

Who's running? A: The private school that has full on recruiting capacilities and a willing fan base that has permanent Kool-Aid staining of the mouth.

Cause if ya don't know, now ya know.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Lol... so you are saying that Greenwood is going from calling Muldrow, Roland, and Sand Springs, to Bryant, North Little Rock, AR and Harber?

But, the UofG won't play PA unless they ask to move up to the 7A..??..??

So that's the story you're going with..??..??

Bwahahaha.....Bwahahaha....Bwahahaha..!!!

Bulldiggity, I will kiss your butt on the front steps of the South Sebastian County Courthouse the day that I see North Little Rock, Bryant, and Harber as the three non-conference opponents on Greenwood Bulldog schedule.

Bwahahaha..!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on October 15, 2017, 06:58:56 am0

Bulldiggity, I will kiss your butt on the front steps of the South Sebastian County Courthouse the day that I see North Little Rock, Bryant, and Harber as the three non-conference opponents on Greenwood Bulldog schedule.

Yet, 2 of 3 of those have been on GW's schedule at one time or another. We aren't likely to let Southside off the hook that easy, so they can go schedule Sallisaw Central or Arkoma . SS and NS are getting it handed to them in the 7A Central by schools they used to dominate, yet OUR schedule gets called into question because they (NS and SS) are now so anemic with neither school being in the top 10 out of 16 teams in 7A. They are closer in rank/record to Van Buren in the grand scheme of the 7A this year. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 15, 2017, 08:02:39 am
Yet, 2 of 3 of those have been on GW's schedule at one time or another. We aren't likely to let Southside off the hook that easy, so they can go schedule Sallisaw Central or Arkoma . SS and NS are getting it handed to them in the 7A Central by schools they used to dominate, yet OUR schedule gets called into question because they (NS and SS) are now so anemic with neither school being in the top 10 out of 16 teams in 7A. They are closer in rank/record to Van Buren in the grand scheme of the 7A this year.
+1

Wildcat Football

October 15, 2017, 11:57:23 am #49 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:03:33 pm by Wildcat Football
Quote from: Pr8hd on October 14, 2017, 05:47:30 pm
Keep in mind this was started by an ED poster....which is fine, but my guess is he either believes GW will be there or is just chumming the waters. We all know lots of games still left to determine which 2 teams will face off. Right now for GW, it's all eyes on Benton and going 1-0 this week.
I genuinely believe GW will be in finals (home field advantage in playoffs), and after week 7 believe opponent will be W. Memphis, but they play at PB week 9 and most votes going to PB in poll.  I just want to see consensus outlook and do believe 6A East Conference has 4 legitimate contenders and 6A West only has 2, so 6A East looks to be stronger conference overall, but GW is still the team to beat. I'm seeing separation with WM and PB clear front-runners.  The team with the strongest defense will win championship, and GW has both this year offense AND a very good defense.  Trying to keep bias out of analysis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas