• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AAA Workshop news

Started by ricepig, June 07, 2017, 12:33:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

I'm hearing that soccer (since it is not mentioned with the other sports there) is going to be split into 6A, 5A, 4A, 3A. Not sure of the numbers in each classification, though.

GuvHog

I may be wrong but I don't see WC agreeing to move to the Central in a package deal with White Hall. WC will want no part of the possibility of having to play PA in conference every year. Putting McClellan in then 5A South is ridiculous anyway.

Brian G

bluegrassboy75

I've heard from coaches both for and against the new realignment for basketball/volleyball/etc..  Thoughts on if it will pass or fail?  Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't pass but you never know.

Rulesman

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on June 09, 2017, 10:22:52 am
I've heard from coaches both for and against the new realignment for basketball/volleyball/etc.. 
Have you ever seen coaches agree on anything? 😲

VHSCoach2

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on June 09, 2017, 10:22:52 am
I've heard from coaches both for and against the new realignment for basketball/volleyball/etc..  Thoughts on if it will pass or fail?  Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't pass but you never know.

Personally, I hope it fails.

A lot of coaches that I have spoken to who are against it have said that they would be alright with it if it were for all sports. With football getting preferential treatment in this situation, if it passes, if you're one of the 5A schools that has to join the 6A schools, the 4A that has to join with 5A, the 3A that has to join with 4A, why would your voting representative ever agree to such a horrible idea?

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on June 09, 2017, 02:00:10 pm
Personally, I hope it fails.

A lot of coaches that I have spoken to who are against it have said that they would be alright with it if it were for all sports. With football getting preferential treatment in this situation, if it passes, if you're one of the 5A schools that has to join the 6A schools, the 4A that has to join with 5A, the 3A that has to join with 4A, why would your voting representative ever agree to such a horrible idea?

The ones I talk to the most are small schools and they are already blended in with bigger schools during regular season then have to travel 3-4 hours to play in a conference tournament against schools they haven't faced all year.  In my opinion it isn't a perfect solution but football is already getting the preferential treatment by leaving it the way it is.  At least this way you get to play a true round robin with the teams that will be playing in your district tournament at the end of the year.

bluegrassboy75

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas