• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Finals: Jonesboro vs. Sheridan

Started by OB11, May 18, 2017, 08:33:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Post predictions and game updates here please.

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on May 18, 2017, 08:33:50 am
Post predictions and game updates here please.

I expect a good game from both teams.  The team with the least errors obviously should get the W.  I know both the JHS and the Sheridan team can hit.  I know both teams have a decent number of good pitchers.  Errors will most likely play into this matchup more than their normal games.  Odd part of this matchup for state title is a 5A school Valley View beat both these teams this year but VV didn't have a fantastic year other than that.

ricepig

Both teams have the pitching, and experience of playing at Baum, so it should be a good game. Lots of foul territory and room behind home, so blocking pitches and making the plays you should make will be important.

NEA Razorback olfan

Routine playes and timely hitting will make the difference,
I'm going with Jonesboro in a close one

True Believer

Rocket23

TheSpecial

May 20, 2017, 01:38:29 pm #6 Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:00:28 pm by TheSpecial
Sheridan won 3-1

T-Bone

Quote from: TheSpecial on May 20, 2017, 01:38:29 pm
Sheridan won 3-1

Congratulations to Sheridan.  I may be off a little but not much.  I believe Sheridan had 4 hits off JHS first pitcher and 1 hit off 2nd pitcher.  Only 5 hits but they were timely and were able to score.  With last being a HR.  Not really many errors like I thought would determine the W.  ZR had 8 K in 6 innings and Sheridan's I believe had 11 in 7 innings.  Pitching and fielding was not bad.  But neither team had truly hot bats today.  It was a good game overall even though we lost.  Congratulations again to Sheridan they are a solid team and for sure when they have the pitcher today on the mound.  JHS did well too and had a great overall season.  I am proud of the JHS season. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on May 20, 2017, 06:39:29 pm
Congratulations to Sheridan.  I may be off a little but not much.  I believe Sheridan had 4 hits off JHS first pitcher and 1 hit off 2nd pitcher.  Only 5 hits but they were timely and were able to score.  With last being a HR.  Not really many errors like I thought would determine the W.  ZR had 8 K in 6 innings and Sheridan's I believe had 11 in 7 innings.  Pitching and fielding was not bad.  But neither team had truly hot bats today.  It was a good game overall even though we lost.  Congratulations again to Sheridan they are a solid team and for sure when they have the pitcher today on the mound.  JHS did well too and had a great overall season.  I am proud of the JHS season.

Congrats to Jonesboro on a great year!!

True Believer

Congrats to my hometown Sheridan Yellow Jackets for winning the 6A State Championship this year!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas