• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The cultural aspect(s) of soccer - a discussion

Started by pitchperfect, May 13, 2017, 10:20:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sssuperpantherfan2

Our girls team only has a couple Hispanic kids.  The boys team has several but also several other ethic cultures that start for us, they all play well.

Badger

May 17, 2017, 10:33:30 pm #51 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:35:05 pm by Badger
Quote from: Lets Go 5 on May 17, 2017, 11:27:49 am
My daughter and her team are one of the teams headed to Regionals. He is correct and they are next month?
Practice starts Monday after the state championships.

Yes, I understand Regionals starts 6/22; however, the U19s' State Cup is 6/3 and 6/4:

From Arkansas State Soccer Website:

Arkansas State Championships U19:
•June 3- 4, 2017

If Visable's son is a senior, which I think is right, he's likely a U19.  Therefore, like I said, unless he for sure plans to attend as a spectator, the results of the tournament have yet to be decided, and he's getting ahead of himself.

RazorDad

Quote from: Badger on May 17, 2017, 10:33:30 pm
Yes, I understand Regionals starts 6/22; however, the U19s' State Cup is 6/3 and 6/4:

From Arkansas State Soccer Website:

Arkansas State Championships U19:
•June 3- 4, 2017

If Visable's son is a senior, which I think is right, he's likely a U19.  Therefore, like I said, unless he for sure plans to attend as a spectator, the results of the tournament have yet to be decided, and he's getting ahead of himself.

Unless he's confusing Regionals (in North Carolina) with Region III Presidents Cup (in Tulsa). Rush 99/00 boys are going to Tulsa.

Visable

Quote from: ClarksvilleFutbol on May 16, 2017, 06:58:50 pm
I have no dog in the fight, and obviously wasn't at the game. If CAC made the mistakes you said they did then yes, they were outplayed. 4-0? You can say what you want, but that scoreline will indicate you were outplayed, no matter how the goals happened. CAC probably did get a lot of shots the second half. Maxpreps shows it was 3-0 at half, so Warren probably was trying to defend their lead, why wouldn't you in the state playoffs? Chelsea just won the EPL running a 5-back, and Juventus is in the Champions League final running a 5-back. May not look pretty, but they outplayed a lot of teams playing "defensive". In the state playoffs you play to win, not to visually impress. Good on Warren for taking advantage of CAC's mistakes. You can say "if the game was played again", but in the playoffs they aren't. Have to show up ready to play and not make those mistakes. It sounds like sour grapes to me from the CAC poster, but that is an assumption. Congrats to CAC on a good season. Only losing one game isn't anything to hang your head on.

I was there!  I'm not going Argue
Sour Grapes?  Not hardly
I simply said people need to report the Facts, not an opinion.

Outmatched and Outplayed?  No!
And yes, it was not a shot from 40 yards out.

It's all water under the bridge.
Have a great day

Visable

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 16, 2017, 07:51:00 pm
Honestly, you're probably lucky Warren changed to defensive mode and tried to just preserve the victory. You certainly weren't slowing down their offense.

Lol

Visable

Quote from: Badger on May 16, 2017, 09:40:47 pm
I may be wrong, but unless you for sure are planning to go to Regionals as a spectator, you're getting ahead of yourself.  The State Cup has yet to be played for U19.  I believe a couple NWA teams might put up a good fight.

I will be there as a photographer and a parent.
Have a great day

Visable

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 16, 2017, 07:49:26 pm
What do you mean the shot that floated over the keepers head took a crazy bounce? The player hit it from 40 yards out, it floated over the keepers head, and didn't bounce. The other goal that you're referring to happened when CAC keeper tried to clear it by coming out of the box, but the  Warren player was too quick and pressured the ball. The keeper kicked it but was  too late, as the Warren player had already closed in and the ball bounced off the Warren  player and into the net. You can say what you want, but Warren jumped on them early and CAC was never in the game. Had some good tries in the second half, but didn't find the net. Im not spouting a biased opinion. CAC wasn't close to the level of Warren on Friday. The score shows that.

FYI, this is a message board. Not everyone who criticizes cac or says how much better Warren was is "out of line."

No! Not everyone was out of line.
But you were and the person making a comment about smoking Crack was seriously out of line.
Again!  I'm not going to argue.  But don't make Opinions about emotions and the fans.  I know exactly what your talking about and your exaggerating and there  was no emotions on the field out of hand.  (See Warren vs Episcopal). My 74 year old parents were in those stands.  They mentioned some things said, but nothing out of control.

No one was outmatched and outclassed.
Have a wonderful day

Badger

May 22, 2017, 07:11:17 am #57 Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:13:54 am by Badger
Quote from: Visable on May 21, 2017, 11:34:34 pm
I will be there as a photographer and a parent.
Have a great day

I guess when your team has won State and been to Regionals every year, 6 in a row I believe, you've earned the confidence (cockiness/arrogance?).  Makes it tough to handle losing, though.

Visable

Quote from: Badger on May 22, 2017, 07:11:17 am
I guess when your team has won State and been to Regionals every year, 6 in a row I believe, you've earned the confidence (cockiness/arrogance?).  Makes it tough to handle losing, though.

You're initial response to me was very immature and had nothing do with the State Soccer games.
I'm done with this.   I'm taking the high road and moving on.  You should consider doing the same.
Keep the posts on subject.   Simply Soccer and Facts.   When we do that, personal things and opinions do not appear on here.
God Bless and have a Fantastic Day
Time to move on

Badger

May 22, 2017, 04:22:51 pm #59 Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:32:14 pm by Badger
Ah yes, you're Mr. High Road. ::)  Speaking of immature, dude, take your loss like a man, nobody wants to hear your excuses.  Also, just love, love your God Bless and Have a great/wonderful/fantastic day salutations, verrrry sincere.

Go Postal

Since we are talking "cultural" in this Old World Sport, I don't think we have mentioned exchange students.  I'm not just talking about countries that speak Spanish but everyone in general that plays this sport.  I noticed that Harrison and surrounding schools have a few students from different countries about every year.  But I think that though they have played soccer in the style that they grew up playing is different than the style that we play the game.  Does anyone have their opinion on this?

OB11

Rey Pygsterio

The Hispanic kids are good at soccer for the same reason American kids are good at basketball -- they play on their own for fun without any adults around.

Now imagine if those same Hispanic kids throughout Arkansas got quality club training to go with it.

That is the story of American soccer right there. We are a sleeping giant waiting to compete with the world but won't be doing so until more than just the lawyer's kids can afford to play.

Sir Alex

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on May 31, 2017, 11:07:12 pm
The Hispanic kids are good at soccer for the same reason American kids are good at basketball -- they play on their own for fun without any adults around.

Now imagine if those same Hispanic kids throughout Arkansas got quality club training to go with it.

That is the story of American soccer right there. We are a sleeping giant waiting to compete with the world but won't be doing so until more than just the lawyer's kids can afford to play.

Very true.  When kids, any race, spend as much time with the ball as they do with their phone, computer and tv, there will be improvement as well.  I don't see that happening any time soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas