• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reclassification Numbers for 2018-20

Started by VHSCoach2, May 02, 2017, 05:57:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

May 02, 2017, 05:57:31 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:12:48 pm by VHSCoach2
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT.pdf

Depending on if there is some combination of 6A and 5A schools again in 2018, or if they are separate (which they should be), here are the numbers.

Also, any rumblings on districts adding soccer for the next classification?  Alma is.  They are playing a JV season in 2018 and will begin a Varsity season in 2019.

Discuss these numbers for the soccer schools.

Edit: sevenof400, perhaps this could be stickied so that it is not lost in the shuffle?

Sir Alex

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 02, 2017, 05:57:31 pm
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT.pdf

Depending on if there is some combination of 6A and 5A schools again in 2018, or if they are separate (which they should be), here are the numbers.

Also, any rumblings on districts adding soccer for the next classification?  Alma is.  They are playing a JV season in 2018 and will begin a Varsity season in 2019.

Discuss these numbers for the soccer schools.

Edit: sevenof400, perhaps this could be stickied so that it is not lost in the shuffle?

Rumor has Farmington close to beginning a team. I think Pea Ridge is seriously considering as well.

VHSCoach2

May 03, 2017, 09:17:09 pm #2 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:18:43 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: Sir Alex on May 03, 2017, 07:17:17 pm
Rumor has Farmington close to beginning a team. I think Pea Ridge is seriously considering as well.

With Alma and, perhaps, Farmington adding soccer, and with Huntsville jumping back into 5A, that may push Maumelle out of the West if the 5A is kept separate from the 6A after the blended classifications are done.

Farmington, Alma, Harrison, Greenbrier, Clarksville, Morrilton, Huntsville, Vilonia in the 5A West would be my best guess if that were to happen.

By the way, Sir Alex, you may have some knowledge on this:

With Alma only playing a "JV" schedule for 2018, will they still be a part of the 5A West Conference Tournament, plus part of the 5A/6A combined district with Harrison and Clarksville?

Sir Alex

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 03, 2017, 09:17:09 pm
With Alma and, perhaps, Farmington adding soccer, and with Huntsville jumping back into 5A, that may push Maumelle out of the West if the 5A is kept separate from the 6A after the blended classifications are done.

Farmington, Alma, Harrison, Greenbrier, Clarksville, Morrilton, Huntsville, Vilonia in the 5A West would be my best guess if that were to happen.

By the way, Sir Alex, you may have some knowledge on this:

With Alma only playing a "JV" schedule for 2018, will they still be a part of the 5A West Conference Tournament, plus part of the 5A/6A combined district with Harrison and Clarksville?

Maumelle will be moving on to the central I believe. Alma will not take part in reindeer games until the next cycle.  JV only for next year is the word.

Go Postal

I'm glad that the Cardinals and Airedales school programs have finally come out of the dark ages. Congratulations and good luck on their soccer programs.  Well, sevenof400, I guess we'll have to teach our buddies from Alma on the rules and how the game is played.  We might have to send them some warm coats since I guess that Heck has finally frozen over in Alma. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas