Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Saturday, November 18th, 2017.
Week 10 Review
Week 9 Review
REMINDER that with games on Thursday, the Pick'em will lock at noon Thursday.
Week 8 Review
Week 7 Review
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review

Author Topic: Who will next year's contenders be?  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Ice Water

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Who will next year's contenders be?
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2017, 03:14:16 pm »
AAA Handbook, Article III, Section 1, Rule 1, Point J:

Public Charter School. For athletic eligibility purposes, a public charter school student must be enrolled by July 1 before a student enters grades 7-10 and requires that CSAP forms be signed. Students enrolling after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade shall not be eligible for one calendar year (365 days).

-

He's ineligible.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:49 pm »
The AAA ruled Doakes ineligible to plat this year because of the transfer rule which sucks if I was him I would go play for Southwest Christian Academy this year. Then transfer back where I please next year. AAA has no say so with what Southwest does. It would be wild to think he is about to miss his sophomore season for that and he just got offered by the Florida Gators yesterday. Big Blue Nation offer coming soon along with the Hogs.

Offline Ctucker

• 2nd String
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 10:53:37 pm »
The AAA ruled Doakes ineligible to plat this year because of the transfer rule which sucks if I was him I would go play for Southwest Christian Academy this year. Then transfer back where I please next year. AAA has no say so with what Southwest does. It would be wild to think he is about to miss his sophomore season for that and he just got offered by the Florida Gators yesterday. Big Blue Nation offer coming soon along with the Hogs.
how does it suck we have rules and you got to go by them it was no secret.Could he not handle 7a.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2017, 11:09:27 pm »
how does it suck we have rules and you got to go by them it was no secret.Could he not handle 7a.
Why would you say he couldn't handle 7A  ??? You gotta be joking or something.....

Offline Bigtimebasketballfan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2017, 11:21:59 pm »
Still waiting to hear the reason why he left

Offline Ctucker

• 2nd String
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2017, 02:22:08 pm »
Why would you say he couldn't handle 7A  ??? You gotta be joking or something.....
He could handle 7a im sure but don't say rules suck everybody has them. Somebody should have cared enough to let him know that was the rule.

Offline rammer

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2017, 02:27:03 pm »
Maybe with all of the other studs at NLR he would not be the star player?

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2017, 05:53:31 pm »
It wasn't going to be enough shots to go around in NLR if you asked me but idk what the reason was.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2017, 05:55:39 pm »
Maybe with all of the other studs at NLR he would not be the star player?
The only player on that team that could be in a race with Doakes is Moody lets be real. Colin Moore and Fudge are good but Doakes and Moody are on another level my dude.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2017, 05:58:26 pm »
He could handle 7a im sure but don't say rules suck everybody has them. Somebody should have cared enough to let him know that was the rule.
I'm just saying it sucks because no one will be able to see a top 10 player in the state showcase his talents on the court this year unless he goes prep.

Offline Neckred

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »
Get a clue dude this kid is gonna be a 4 star player

Offline Ctucker

• 2nd String
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:48 pm »
Get a clue dude this kid is gonna be a 4 star player
if you would read whole thread dork u would see we're I said he could handle 7a. But might won't to learn the rules or he will be seating a lot weather he is a 4 star or 5 star.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2017, 12:29:55 pm »
if you would read whole thread dork u would see we're I said he could handle 7a. But might won't to learn the rules or he will be seating a lot weather he is a 4 star or 5 star.
What rules? You name one 4Star or 5Star player that gets benched in Arkansas High School basketball.

Offline Ctucker

• 2nd String
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »
What rules? You name one 4Star or 5Star player that gets benched in Arkansas High School basketball.
[/quote Gearald Doakes!

Offline JagHog

• Water Boy
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2017, 02:44:56 pm »
Unofficially stated that someone blew the whistle on the fact that he wasn't living in the NLR School District he was still living in Jacksonville.  He used a fake address whenever he applied to go to NLR. The address he used  was that of a cousin. 

Offline francocat

• Water Boy
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2017, 04:43:07 pm »
Oh my! Someone finally put a halt to the endless NLR recruiting? Seriously? I thought they were untouchable except when they want to can a coach!

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:28 pm »
I see NLR has a big that looks about 6'8 I wonder where he came from?

Offline coachzo

• Cheerleader
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 08:13:36 am »

I train and know these kids....the reason Gerald left is because he went the Malik monk route....he looks up to Malik a whole lot and he models everything he does after him. Malik played 2A ball at EPC then left for 7A Bentonville. Malik dominated his 2a freshman year as well as Gerald....a lot of coaches in college want to see you play the best talent in your state before put their trust in you with a scholarship. The bigger the conference the more pub. NLR is a good fit cause moses and Gerald play good together. The thing I notice about Devo and Gerald is that both of them have alpha male personalities. Moses on the other hand does not. Meaning, Gerald could and would fit better with moses then devo. Also, colleges are recruiting Gerald as a 1 not a 2. SO he would have to get some quality time a the PG position. NLR doesn't have a PG and the school he came from does.

Offline coachzo

• Cheerleader
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 08:20:33 am »
Lets not say that now everybody knows pound for pound the kid from West Memphis is the best player in the class. The young bull had like 30+ double this summer in AAU. He is already a grown man among boys. Who cares if Doakes doesn't start...He is still he 2nd best or best player on that team check the offers/interest down the line my guy. Forget rankings I'm talking straight game and skill.

Chris Moore (West Memphis) has been the best in the class thus far. But when I think of college prospect I think of Potential. I believe Chris has tapped out on growing. So he would be a 6"5 / 6"6 Power forward in college. That wont get it done at major colleges. I love watching him play, he's a hard worker in practice as well as the game. Devo has the most potential and the best IQ in the class which will take him a long way. He's already 6"3 as a sophomore playing PG and I think hes gonna get to 6"5. His wingspan is ridiculous. The game comes so easy to him. Moses has a lot of potential too but he has to get more dawg in him from what Ive seen. Gerald is the most athletic and the more explosive scorer out of the class but he plays the 2 and hes only 6"1. Once again Ive been coaching against, coaching with and training these boys since 5th grade. Devo has the highest ceiling out of 2020 class.

Offline BirdCall

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »
Chris Moore (West Memphis) has been the best in the class thus far. But when I think of college prospect I think of Potential. I believe Chris has tapped out on growing. So he would be a 6"5 / 6"6 Power forward in college. That wont get it done at major colleges. I love watching him play, he's a hard worker in practice as well as the game. Devo has the most potential and the best IQ in the class which will take him a long way. He's already 6"3 as a sophomore playing PG and I think hes gonna get to 6"5. His wingspan is ridiculous. The game comes so easy to him. Moses has a lot of potential too but he has to get more dawg in him from what Ive seen. Gerald is the most athletic and the more explosive scorer out of the class but he plays the 2 and hes only 6"1. Once again Ive been coaching against, coaching with and training these boys since 5th grade. Devo has the highest ceiling out of 2020 class.
I agree with everything your saying just about but I feel Chris Moore will get a jumpshot sometime soon where he could play the 3/4 in college. Also Devo, Doakes and Moore play well together in AAU to go 31-5 this summer so why can't Doakes and Devo work on the same team? Devo does have some crazy potential but so does Doakes. I believe Doakes will play the 2 in college maybe kind of undersized but he should grow to at least 6"3 and play SG just like Kevaughn is doing in Florida and how Malik did at Kentucky. I agree that Moody does need to get some dog in him and really wondering why he left Parkview when they are clearly better than NLR? Doakes may be in a PG body right now but he has SG volume scoring game written everywhere else just like Malik and Kevaughn.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas