• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkview vs Harrison

Started by Ponca, March 01, 2017, 11:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STBruin

Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2017, 09:10:09 am
You do realize if a team shoots 50 percent from the FT line that is like shooting 50 percent from the field?

WRONG....shooting 50% from the free throw line is line shooting 25% from the the field...free throws are only worth 1 pt....10 free throws...make 5= 5 pts....shoot 10 shots make 5= 10pts. Dont speak down to people and not know what your talking about....

Chief_Osceola™

I think he meant it like this:

1 point every possession = 2 points every other possession, which is the same as scoring a basket 1 out of every 2 possessions.

AB™

Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2017, 09:10:09 am
You do realize if a team shoots 50 percent from the FT line that is like shooting 50 percent from the field?
I'm confused by this post.  Maybe I'm just misreading and misunderstanding your post.

Going 5/10 from the FT line = 5 points

Going 5/10 from the field = 10 points (and that's assuming all five are two point field goals)

woopork

But you shoot 2 FT. So 10 possessions equal 20 FTs or 10 shots.

jrhall2

Well if they are trading possessions assuming they are shooting 2 FT's every time then if a team goes 5/10 that is only 5 possessions so the opposing team would only have the opportunity at 5 shots if they are not allowed in offensive rebounds. So if they are going off of 10 possessions then a team shooting 5/10 from the field on 10 possessions scores 10 points and the other team shooting free throws would shoot 20 FT's on the same 10 possessions. Shooting 50% from the line in that instance would give that team 10 points as well. So along with shooting 50% from both the amount of possessions also comes into play. IDK if that clears anything up or just confuses people more lol sounded good in my head though haha

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: jrhall2 on March 03, 2017, 02:51:34 pm
Well if they are trading possessions assuming they are shooting 2 FT's every time then if a team goes 5/10 that is only 5 possessions so the opposing team would only have the opportunity at 5 shots if they are not allowed in offensive rebounds. So if they are going off of 10 possessions then a team shooting 5/10 from the field on 10 possessions scores 10 points and the other team shooting free throws would shoot 20 FT's on the same 10 possessions. Shooting 50% from the line in that instance would give that team 10 points as well. So along with shooting 50% from both the amount of possessions also comes into play. IDK if that clears anything up or just confuses people more lol sounded good in my head though haha

Go Postal

I'm glad that all you guys explained this about coulda, shoulda, woulda because when my Aussie Goblin fans asks me why the Goblins lost, I'll tell them we were stuck doing the math while Parkview just came to play ball.  LOL

woopork

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas