• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoffs: National Championship Game: Alabama vs Clemson

Started by sevenof400, January 01, 2017, 12:07:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Hard to say this wasn't expected given the performance of the two teams throughout the entire year.  An older and wise DeShaun Watson versus what may be the best college defense of all time will likely get a lot of attention. 

But this game will likely be decided by who wins the battle between the Alabama offense and the Clemson defense. 

Kiffin - run the ball....Bo left, Bo right, Bo knows...

nuttinbuthogs

Bama will have to play much better on offense to win.  They struggled too often, too many penalties at key times and indecision by the QB.

WPWells

beach bum

I won't straight up pick them, but Clemson certainly has all the parts to have the ability to win this one.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on January 01, 2017, 08:09:52 pm
I won't straight up pick them, but Clemson certainly has all the parts to have the ability to win this one.

Clemson will have the defensive line and offensive line to put pressure on bama.

Hoping Dabo gets his national title.

VHSCoach2

Just announced that Lane Kiffin is out as the Offensive Coordinator for Alabama and will assume his position as head coach of Florida Atlantic.

Steve Sarkisian will assume the Alabama OC duties "immediately."

mtindian42

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 02, 2017, 11:16:55 am
Just announced that Lane Kiffin is out as the Offensive Coordinator for Alabama and will assume his position as head coach of Florida Atlantic.

Steve Sarkisian will assume the Alabama OC duties "immediately."
wow. He just destroyed lane kiffin. Cause it looks like he is saying lane is not good enough to get the job done. 😂😂😂😂 what a jerk... you can be sure lane is right now trying to think of a way to help Clemson win this game.... I love it!!! Sink that ship lane... Get your pay back on that jerk...

sevenof400

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 02, 2017, 11:50:43 am
wow. He just destroyed lane kiffin. Cause it looks like he is saying lane is not good enough to get the job done. 😂😂😂😂 what a jerk... you can be sure lane is right now trying to think of a way to help Clemson win this game.... I love it!!! Sink that ship lane... Get your pay back on that jerk...

Jealousy defining you, MT?

sevenof400

It's a brilliant move on Saban's part for a number of reasons but among the highest is this - he just gave Clemson a whole lot more to think about (and plan for).

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2017, 12:18:57 pm
It's a brilliant move on Saban's part for a number of reasons but among the highest is this - he just gave Clemson a whole lot more to think about (and plan for).

Could be a double edged blade.....Sarkasian could definitely bring a new wrinkle for Clemson to try to prepare for....But then again changing coaches this week could set back their offense....

nuttinbuthogs

Kiffin made his decision to leave, nothing wrong with bringing in the new guy now.  He was in the box on Sunday.   Yeah, Saban makes lots of really bad coaching decisions.  That's why he can't win.

beach bum

Kiffin went on the Finebaum show and actually sounded pretty logical about this whole situation. It honestly came off as a mutual professional decision.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on January 02, 2017, 09:51:34 pm
Kiffin went on the Finebaum show and actually sounded pretty logical about this whole situation. It honestly came off as a mutual professional decision.
iust for continuity sake it's not ideal. I may not end up being a big deal but at this stage of the game you gotta think it could matter.

mtindian42

lol. Time will tell...

Lumberjackfan1978

Valleysports

There you go with those feelings and emotional words again Pocahontas!   :(

mtindian42

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on January 02, 2017, 10:48:04 pm
I think Clemson wins the national championship
right!!!

WPWells

sevenof400

One thing for sure - the Kiffin leaving/firing/departure has certainly taken a considerable dose of media attention away from Jalen Hurts.  And that may be just what Saban had in mind...

cuckoobird

If I'm not mistaken kiffen was late to a couple of meetings last week and saben doesn't tolerate that sort of thing from anyone. I think kifen also said some unflattering things in an interview.

Valleysports

Yeah his offensive game calling was less than impressive against Washington, and that's what Saban went off about.  Clemson's defense matches up well,and with a freshman QB, Bama needs to be on their game.   

Lions84

LRRandy

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Both defenses have shown up at least. Bama has had the better drives as long as they stay in front of the chains. Hurts doesn't look like he can win this game with arm. Watson looking average as well, think it's a matter of time before he throws a pick

LRRandy

Bama looked championship caliber first qurtr. Clemson seems to be waking up. 2nd half should be a good'n

nuttinbuthogs

Bama QB has to give some help with the passing game to soften up the run.

Pokey03

nuttinbuthogs

QB killing Bama's Offense.  He isn't contributing much at all.  Looks like Bama is hoping to keep him from costing them the win. Clemson seems to recognize it

nuttinbuthogs

Amen!    That's what I'm talking about. Clemsom loaded the LOS and loses a receiver.

mack

It's starting to look like TOSU would have been one of the SECs  "8 win teams"....

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

mtindian42

The bucks lost to a pretty good football team! That's the best team in the nation...

Pokey03

nuttinbuthogs

Well, all I can say is that loss is why you do not play a freshman at QB.  Yeah finally made 2 plays but he kept the offense from scoring in the first 3 quarters with bad decisions, bad passes and I suspect a limited play calling selection by Bama.
Clemsom, good use of the pick play at the goal line several times tonight.

Lumberjackfan1978

mtindian42

Quote from: LRRandy on January 09, 2017, 06:51:37 pm
Clemson should win this game.
there the best team in the country...

Hey Alabama fans y'all hurting tonight???? GOOD!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂 Roll that (L)tide...

Lumberjackfan1978

nuttinbuthogs

LOL!  How many does Clemsom have?  How many does Bama have?   Oh, yeah.  Congrats to Clemsom, but 31 years is a long wait, Bama will be back again as long as Saban stays.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 09, 2017, 11:48:00 pm
LOL!  How many does Clemsom have?  How many does Bama have?   Oh, yeah.  Congrats to Clemsom, but 31 years is a long wait, Bama will be back again as long as Saban stays.
true but it sure is sweet that Clemson knocked Bama down

mack

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 09, 2017, 11:45:01 pm
there the best team in the country... I think we beat Alabama if we got by Clemson. (JMO)

Hey Alabama fans y'all hurting tonight???? GOOD!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂 Roll that (L)tide...

You think you could have beaten Alabama?  You were the freaking JOKE of the playoffs this year.  You're the only team that didn't score a touchdown, heck, even a FG in the playoffs.
What in the world are you smoking?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas