• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Outlook

Started by WPWells, December 30, 2016, 11:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Well since Kelley is suspended these final 2 games, I wonder once we get far behind in the 4th quarter if BB will pull Allen out and put in Ty to finally give him some actual playing time.

beach bum

Quote from: The Future on November 13, 2017, 08:02:06 am
Well since Kelley is suspended these final 2 games, I wonder once we get far behind in the 4th quarter if BB will pull Allen out and put in Ty to finally give him some actual playing time.

Probably not.... Just thinking from the standpoint of the hazy eyes of Bert.... he loves him some Allens and will play him every down of Austin's last two athletic games of his life. Bert would cave into the Allens for anything. If only there were more Allens to go where Bert will be line coach next year.

bdubyab60

We are liable to see Cantrell at QB.

beach bum

You can literally purchase tickets on the online market for 5 or 6 bucks for our last two home games... The heathen in me thinks I will buy some tickets to the Mizzou game so I can see the end of the worst era of Hog football we have seen and so I can get some booing in of the coaching staff on the way out.

bdubyab60

Why pay. You know someone will be giving those away the day of the game. You'll be able to sit anywhere. Heck may even be able to get into a suite.

I paid nothing for my Olemiss game tickets

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2017, 12:28:21 pm
Why pay. You know someone will be giving those away the day of the game. You'll be able to sit anywhere. Heck may even be able to get into a suite.

I paid nothing for my Olemiss game tickets

You hit the jack pot there with the way that game finished and not having to pay at all.

cuckoobird

People are trying to give them away left and right down here. No one wants to drive 3 1/2 hours to watch them

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 14, 2017, 01:24:19 pm
People are trying to give them away left and right down here. No one wants to drive 3 1/2 hours to watch them

That is just sad BB has demoralized the fan base to that low of a point. Fans from Stuttgart are more excited about driving 3.5 hours to Prairie Grove just 12 miles to the west of the U of A for a high school game than seeing the Hogs play  :o

cuckoobird

HorseFeathers

Seen pictures on Twitter last week of people leaving on trees outside of the stadium cause they couldn't give em away....kinda reminded me of the basketball program when it hit rock bottom

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 14, 2017, 02:12:55 pm
Seen pictures on Twitter last week of people leaving on trees outside of the stadium cause they couldn't give em away....kinda reminded me of the basketball program when it hit rock bottom

The 2 SEC win Courtney Fortson days  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on November 14, 2017, 02:17:38 pm
Quote from: beach bum on November 14, 2017, 02:17:38 pm

I think he's a star in China now. Lol

beach bum

I will say he was a speed demon.... But I remember those uncountable out of control shots, dribbles, and passes too well.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on November 14, 2017, 01:06:51 pm

You hit the jack pot there with the way that game finished and not having to pay at all.
Ate for free and everything. A little gas and time is all I was out. All around good day

bleudog

Sat
2017-11-18
Mississippi St
   9 %
   23   41   

Fri
2017-11-24
Missouri
   31 %
   37   43

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=295489

bleudog

cuckoobird

The cookies are starting to crumble

bdubyab60

This pretty much confirms the change is coming

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 15, 2017, 11:48:25 am
The cookies are starting to crumble

I say you apply for AD.... It will certainly be an upgrade.

cuckoobird

They could pay me a 1/4 of what long is getting and at least have the same thing. Good guy but makes bad decisions!!! Lol

gameoflife

Any truth to the rumor Jeff Longer is no longer the UA AD? 

bdubyab60

Jacketman65

Quote from: beach bum on November 15, 2017, 02:33:10 pm
I say you apply for AD.... It will certainly be an upgrade.
That wouldn't work at all, he would be trying to date some 13 year old from Prairie Grove!

beach bum

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 16, 2017, 02:22:59 am
That wouldn't work at all, he would be trying to date some 13 year old from Prairie Grove!

He ain't no Roy Moore....

RZback

Word is there is huge pressure to get Gus.  Not sure about how that happens or if its a good idea.  I hope we do get a good coach if and when BB is no longer here.

Jacketman65

Everybody ready for another but kicking today?  Will begin in about 20.

bdubyab60

I swear if I hear one more freaking time about how good practice went I'm driving to Fayetteville and taking BBs windbreaker off of him and burning it.

Quote "we were told Allen had his best week of practice" geeesh

bdubyab60

That was a quick turn of events

bdubyab60

Here is the real test

Trojanbird

Wow!  Someone needs to tell them that this ain't New Mexico State!  Can not believe what I am seeing, but it is early.

bdubyab60

Don't understand why Williams isn't getting more carries.. Hammonds and Whaley are not hitting the hole

bdubyab60

Well here is the Hog team we have to come to know. Defense has been on the field the entire first half seems like, they call the stupidest play in the history of Arkansas football offense cannot move the ball at all.

Horrible

Trojanbird

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 18, 2017, 11:48:41 am
Don't understand why Williams isn't getting more carries.. Hammonds and Whaley are not hitting the hole
Same here!  However, we are beginning to look like our old selves once again!
I wonder if BB is going to take them to Pizza Hut at halftime?

bdubyab60

Well just when you get your hopes up. Two offensively lineman stand an watch a guy just run right by them to our QB.

Trojanbird

Please explain the one play with Ty Storey.

bdubyab60

There is no explanation.

This second half is going to be bad I believe

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Need one good drive offense. Just one

beach bum

Really.... A 2 man route on 4th down?? I liked going for it but a 2 man route lol

bdubyab60

Absolutely mind boggling calls by this staff

bdubyab60

Wasted a great defensive effort and put them in a tough situation.

bdubyab60

Coaching staff if they aren't already should be ashamed of themselves

beach bum

The Gus Bus is getting warmed up.... Headed on its way up to the Hill

bleudog

sportsguy80

Wow we have to deal with another week of this...

RZback

Does anyone really think Gus would leave Auburn to come to Arkansas?  Program is a mess, recruiting players is much easier at Auburn, national prestige is better at Auburn, pay is better at Auburn, Auburn brings in more money, Auburn has a larger staduim.  Why would he make that move. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: RZback on November 18, 2017, 11:26:59 pm
Does anyone really think Gus would leave Auburn to come to Arkansas?  Program is a mess, recruiting players is much easier at Auburn, national prestige is better at Auburn, pay is better at Auburn, Auburn brings in more money, Auburn has a larger staduim.  Why would he make that move.
Supposedly there are reasons but I'm not sure he would here. Sure looks to me like he hates when they are beating our brains in and running it up. Really doesn't matter to me who the next coach is I'll hope they at least make us competitive.

Especially after yesterday's presser when B.B. said they had made their mind up at halftime that they got in any short yardage situation they were gonna go for it.

Guess he didn't take in to account we are one of the worst teams in the NCAA at converting in those situations. Then the two calls made to try and make it. He didn't even take in to consideration the position he was putting his defense in. Essential we couldn't give up 20 yards.

HorseFeathers

Only reason I can think of is it would be a "homecoming" for him...

HorseFeathers

Starting to see the SEC blogs picking up on bielema will be officially fired after the Mizzou game..

sportsguy80

I'm hearing outside of the high demand to win EVERY game, there are personal reasons why he will take the job if or when it's offered regardless of Auburn's outcome this season. We will see...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas