• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Wrestling Thread

Started by VHSCoach2, January 29, 2016, 11:06:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

January 29, 2016, 11:06:53 am Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:41:20 pm by VHSCoach2
Or am I all alone?  :(

I have quite a few friends who are still into wrestling, but most people I know stopped watching after the Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Rock 'Attitude Era' days.

So, anybody else on FF still into wrestling at all?

mtindian42

I watch Memphis wrestling on you tube. The old school replays are better then today's live...

chaoslord

I got back into it when I saw an advertisement for Lesnar/Taker at Summerslam back in August. Got the free trial, watched that PPV, and was sold. I watch Raw most weeks and catch all the PPVs with my brother who is PPV only now days. Bought tickets to Wrestlemania in Dallas to see Taker in what will probably be his last match.

The New Day are amazing and are the reason my wife will watch this stuff with me.

BigLion10

Oh yeaaahhh!! Got the wwe network so I watch all the old pay per views as well as the current ones. Was excited when Triple H won the rumble this past Sunday

VHSCoach2

Quote from: chaoslord on January 29, 2016, 01:58:33 pm
I got back into it when I saw an advertisement for Lesnar/Taker at Summerslam back in August. Got the free trial, watched that PPV, and was sold. I watch Raw most weeks and catch all the PPVs with my brother who is PPV only now days. Bought tickets to Wrestlemania in Dallas to see Taker in what will probably be his last match.

The New Day are amazing and are the reason my wife will watch this stuff with me.

Rumors are saying he is going to be facing Braun Strowman.

:-X

Longfellow

My grandpa was a huge wrestling fan. We watched every pay-per-view they had. My favorite was always Ric Flair. He was so much fun to watch

BigLion10

Quote from: Longfellow on February 04, 2016, 01:07:46 pm
My grandpa was a huge wrestling fan. We watched every pay-per-view they had. My favorite was always Ric Flair. He was so much fun to watch
Wooooooo!! Stylin and profiling limousine riding jet flying kiss stealing wheeling and dealing son of a gun

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Longfellow on February 04, 2016, 01:07:46 pm

Believe it or not, the Nature Boy is still in WWE and on TV every week. He is the manager for his daughter, Charlotte, who is the current WWE Divas Champion.

Longfellow

I didn't know that. I might have to watch again sometime

AirWarren

chaoslord

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 04, 2016, 12:57:16 pm

If Strowman pins Taker at WM32 I might get myself kicked out of there haha. Goodness I hope John Cena's wolverine like healing powers kick in.

Daniel Bryan retired today. I'm sad he wrestled exclusively during my lapsed fandom, I've really enjoyed watching his matches on the Network.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: chaoslord on February 08, 2016, 04:02:44 pm
Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 04, 2016, 12:57:16 pm

If Strowman pins Taker at WM32 I might get myself kicked out of there haha. Goodness I hope John Cena's wolverine like healing powers kick in.

Daniel Bryan retired today. I'm sad he wrestled exclusively during my lapsed fandom, I've really enjoyed watching his matches on the Network.

Definitely go on YouTube and watch some of Bryan's stuff from other promotions, especially Ring of Honor, if you haven't already seen it.

Lions84

I watch the classics on YouTube from the 70's and 1980's cause sine 1990 on it stank for the most part.

Pokey03

Quote from: Lions84 on February 09, 2016, 11:49:59 am
I watch the classics on YouTube from the 70's and 1980's cause sine 1990 on it stank for the most part.
90's had some of the greatest wrestlers ever. Alex Wright,Doink,Gilberg,Skip&Zipp,The Chair Man La Parka, Bogus Sting, The Yeti, Loch Ness, Johnny B Badd. Oh man the list goes on and on

VHSCoach2

Titus O'Neil has been suspended for upwards of 90 days by WWE for 'unprofessional conduct.'

At the end of Raw this past Monday night, after Daniel Bryan's retirement speech, Vince McMahon was leaving the stage and O'Neil grabbed his arm.  On TV, it showed Vince shoving him away and it appeared that they were joking around, but apparently not.

chaoslord

90 days? Jeez. Something must have happened backstage after, I can't see getting a three month layoff for that grab alone.

VHSCoach2

Well, now it's being said that it has been lowered to 60.

Still, 60 is the amount of days that people in WWE get for two failed drug tests.  60 seems a bit much for a simple arm grab.

Lumberjackfan1978

Used to watch mid south wrestling all the time they put on a much better program than wwe or any of the wrestling circuits today not worth watching anymore

chaoslord

From twitter:

John Cena ✔ @JohnCena
Gamble: take risky action in hope of a desired result. Time to gamble I think. It's gonna be a risky next two weeks #LaceUp #nevergiveup

If Cena is able to make it back for Wrestlemania he needs to donate his body to science after his death.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: chaoslord on February 15, 2016, 07:16:28 am
From twitter:

John Cena ✔ @JohnCena
Gamble: take risky action in hope of a desired result. Time to gamble I think. It's gonna be a risky next two weeks #LaceUp #nevergiveup

If Cena is able to make it back for Wrestlemania he needs to donate his body to science after his death.

I'd take a 70% Cena vs. Undertaker than a 100% Braun Strowman vs. Undertaker any day of the week  ;D

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Anybody going to watch Fastlane tonight?

BigLion10

chaoslord

What even was that ending? I am not a big Roman Reigns fan but I could accept that he was going to win the match but to get up moments after taking three chair shots to win? Ridiculous.

VHSCoach2

Overall, that show was good. The ending of the main event was pointless. Why even let Ambrose destroy Reigns with a chair if Reigns gets up five seconds later to hit a spear for the win?

The upcoming cities that are hosting Raw are going to boo Reigns out of the building: Detroit, Brooklyn, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia...

chaoslord

I loved that they muted the crowd mics and you could STILL hear the boos. Goodness. I want to like Roman, I really do, but you can't give me that as an ending.

WWE put up a poll on facebook asking if people enjoyed Fastlane. 8300 no, 1800 yes.

VHSCoach2

Man oh man.

WrestleMania began to shape up quite nicely tonight.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns for the world title... eh.. but then...

Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon in a HIAC match.

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Street Fight

BigLion10

Ole Shane O Mac back on raw tonight

Longfellow

Shane McMahon?? Wouldn't have seen that coming

BigLion10

Yep came back and challenged taker to a heck in a cell match

bdubyab60

Unused to be a big Stone Cold fan back in the day. Loved the old Memphis wrestling. If you ever watched that there is a documentary called Memphis Heat I believe that is abou the history of Memphis wrestling. They have some of the old timers telling stories and stuff. Pretty good watch.

chaoslord

Man. I can't believe how awesome Raw was for the most part last night. They really knocked it out of the park.

I screamed OH MY GOD at my television when "Here comes the money" hit. I never would have expected that. There were rumblings around the internet that the award presentation was gonna be "Christmas come early" but I never knew how badly I wanted to see Shane O Mac's return.

Then the crowd popping when Triple H posed with the belt after he beat down Roman, wow. It almost looked like it took Trips by surprise. He probably hasn't been cheered like that since he was in DX.

Lionheart88

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 22, 2016, 09:32:26 pm
Man oh man.

WrestleMania began to shape up quite nicely tonight.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns for the world title... eh.. but then...

Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon in a HIAC match.

Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar in a No Holds Barred Street Fight
Might be worth a month's subscription by itself.

VHSCoach2

I have to say that my favorite weekly show that WWE puts on is, by far, NXT.

VHSCoach2

March 04, 2016, 09:59:43 am #38 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:06:39 pm by VHSCoach2
My buddy got our Axxess/NXT/Hall of Fame/WrestleMania/Raw confirmation email today.  Seems like we will have excellent seats for all events during WrestleMania weekend.

$1,250 (per person) well spent in my opinion, considering we got tickets to two Axxess sessions, NXT, Hall of Fame, WrestleMania, and Raw, plus hotel and transportation costs included in the $1,250.

This will be my second WrestleMania and Hall of Fame, but my first Axxess and NXT show.

chaoslord

I'm very jealous. Currently I'm Wrestlemania only but may be adding NXT too.

chaoslord

Did anyone else catch Roadblock? And if so (spoiler ahead), did any of yall bite as hard as I did on that false finish with Dean? My goodness.

VHSCoach2

Roadblock was pretty good, as was Raw last night.

But, man oh man, those boos for Roman Reigns as soon as his music hit and when he was beating down Triple H.

Not looking good for him at WrestleMania.

VHSCoach2

I will give WWE credit; they have salvaged a pretty stacked card for WrestleMania despite all of the injuries that have occurred.

I really don't care about Triple H vs. Roman Reigns or Kalisto vs. Ryback, but everything else looks good to great.

The final card:

Preshow: Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:
Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, The Big Show, Kane, Tyler Breeze, and 13 others yet to be named.

Preshow: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Usos

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Intercontinental Championship 7-Man Ladder Match:
Kevin Owens vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Zack Ryder vs. Stardust vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz

WWE United States Championship Match:
Kalisto vs. Ryback

WWE Divas Championship Triple Threat Match:
Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

4-on-3 Handicap Match
The League of Nations (Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett, Alberto Del Rio) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods) *-Note: WWE hasn't said if this is for the WWE Tag Team Championship or not

He__ in a Cell Match: If Shane wins, he gets control of WWE and Undertaker is never allowed to wrestle at WrestleMania again
Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker

No Holds Barred Street Fight:
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

Ten-Diva Tag Team Match:
Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer Rae, & Emma vs. Brie Bella, Paige, Alicia Fox, Natalya, and ???

Longfellow

AJ Styles in the WWE? I used to love watching him on TNA

Lionheart88

Lesnar-Ambrose and the United States Championship oughta be great matches.

chaoslord

I want to go to the pre show but 6 hours just seems so long, especially when I have to drive straight home afterwards. There are a few matches I am eh about but I have a clear rooting interest in all of them so that is good.

I bet the HIAC finishes the show since it has the biggest stakes, which makes me nervous it is going to end with 22-2  :(

VHSCoach2

Such a good Raw last night which such an awful ending.

That crowd in Brooklyn was all over Roman Reigns all night.

VHSCoach2

What were your impressions of TakeOver: Dallas?

I can tell you that being there live was probably the second-best wrestling experience I've ever had in person (behind WrestleMania 25). It was an awesome atmosphere all night long.

On the short list of Match of the Year candidates for this year so far, Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura tops the list, without a shadow of a doubt.

Axxess was a ton of fun, too! I met Becky Lynch on the second day! Probably the most down-to-earth, sweetest person that I met of the handful that I actually did meet.

chaoslord

I was out working games so I only caught Asuka/Bayley and Joe/Balor, but I enjoyed those matches. Need to check out Sami Zayn and Nakamura tomorrow.

Three and a half hours til the pre show kicks off, can't wait

BigLion10

HBK, Mick Foley and Stone cold come out and kick butt and take names on the League of Nations

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas